Quantcast

Parkfield PICS. (anyone recognize the first?)

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
The first pic is of a rider who is still blazing fast but hasn't been riding much. The bike should give it away!!!

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
aww i didnt get overall, darn =P but i do look snazzy in that shot . thanks for being out there Ian =]

EDIT: and i was just about to guess Richard Lancaster too...argg

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
aww i didnt get overall, darn =P but i do look snazzy in that shot . thanks for being out there Ian =]

EDIT: and i was just about to guess Richard Lancaster too...argg
Which PIC is you? I dont recognize screen names usually! A hint he was featured with Richard in the 2001 WTB catalog jumping the big 40' double up a Big Bear side by side?

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
Which PIC is you? I dont recognize screen names usually! A hint he was featured with Richard in the 2001 WTB catalog jumping the big 40' double up a Big Bear side by side?
ben furbee, no worries i dont post on here that much =]

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
i just watched richards section in chainsmoke 2....thats the same bike...i swear

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
dude....damn.....lancaster was a madman.....i remember him gap/doubling some insane 40 foot natural line at mount snow a thousand years ago when mick hannah and steve pete both got seriously injured trying....ironic thing was he looked like he wasn't trying, and had mad styleeee on it

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
no i dont know richard, but ever since i was like 12 iv been stoked on his riding

travis as in travis collins? naw...and im sure when someone gets it ill know exactly who it is haha a few more guesses then tell us =P

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
That's Travis Robertson. He's been riding his WR450 a lot lately, but didn't go with Richard down to Baja to pre-run this weekend. It sure was rad to have him back at Parkfield, and he was pinned!

Such EPIC weather this weekend! Traction was at an all-time high, dust wasn't an issue, and no one drowned in the rain on Friday. Perfect! I'd say it's pretty much the best Parkfield in the history of evArs.

Here's the results:

I'll edit the footage this week and try to get it up on bicycleweed- stay tuned.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
That's Travis Robertson. He's been riding his WR450 a lot lately, but didn't go with Richard down to Baja to pre-run this weekend. It sure was rad to have him back at Parkfield, and he was pinned!

Such EPIC weather this weekend! Traction was at an all-time high, dust wasn't an issue, and no one drowned in the rain on Friday. Perfect! I'd say it's pretty much the best Parkfield in the history of evArs.

TRAVIS is right! The NORBA official wasn't avle to give a one day like they could back in the day even for expert. So couldn't get his times! But during practice he was keeping up the the usual crew. Email me Jeff.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I was blinded by Beaver's butt Saturday night. :shocked: :D

It poured Friday. I thought I would drown in my tent from the water seeped through the sides. Riding Friday was a bad idea. I couldn't even roll down the slalom hill because of mud in my fork and guide. I spent an hour cleaning it...

The DH course actually dried and was perfectly tacky. :drool: The race should be a week long with 7 dh races.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I came down with the flu for the weekend :( But my girlfriend got to ride dual slalom for the first time ever and thought it was awesome as well as jump a pixie bike for the first time ever and think that was awsome.

I crawled out of my tent on sunday long enough to ride the DH with her, that course was butter! Awesome event.

Pat- nice meeting you for the first time. Sorry if I was a little short with ya, I think I still might have had like a 100* fever up at the start :D

Jan 10, 2007
east bay
it was an incredibly sick race. Im kinda dissapointed tho because me and like five oter kids werent on the start times and we had registered and every thing, they said ok jus go at the end and so we did and Im not even on the results neither are a few pros.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Cool video! Is that wydeopen (on here) that filmed the DH? That's some shakey filming forsure. Someone tell him that zooming in far when filming handheld doesn't help. :rofl: