Quantcast

Pastrana's Backflip

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
That was during practice... I'd hardly call that a Lindsey Jacobellis moment!

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
coma13 said:
That was during practice... I'd hardly call that a Lindsey Jacobellis moment!
Pastrana's flip was actually during a race. He flipped the finish line jump after he won the day qualifier.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I don't have a problem with it. I love to watch Travis ride and trick during races. I just wish he didn't get hurt so he might have raced Detroit this weekend.

The AMA told him if he does anything resembling a backflip again his AMA PRO license is gone for good. I think that is a little stupid on their part since he pulls the fans in. They are worried that everyone will start doing them and someone will get hurt. I guess I don't see much of a difference between that and RC's can-cans or MC's nac-nac on the first jump during the main with 21 racers behind him.

Listen to the dmxsradio.com archive from 3-15-06 with Travis. He talks about the flip. Also, TP television was on last friday night on CMT. More episodes this summer.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
My bad! I didn't watch the video... I was misinformed..... Apologies!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
travis is alright in my book.

but if there was ever anybody who was in need of an overdose of focus. it'd be him.

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
Mad Mike Jones used to go off with tricks at the races back in his day too. I think they are natural showmen and cannot contain themselves in front of an audiance. Tyler Evans is a showman too but right now he wants to chase that factory money.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Duzitall said:
Mad Mike Jones used to go off with tricks at the races back in his day too. I think they are natural showmen and cannot contain themselves in front of an audiance. Tyler Evans is a showman too but right now he wants to chase that factory money.
I would not be surprised if Tyler was making more than a bunch of factory pro riders. Ask yourself why Nick Wey has stayed a privateer after having a great season last year. He all but came out and said he had a better deal with people who took care of him when Suzuki gave him the boot to free up cash for the red head.

Evans is the man though. He will bang bars with anyone. It seems as if most of the pro guys are afraid of him. And no, he didn't take Reed out last weekend. Reed was riding slow and was getting passed on both sides at the same time and bumped both Wey and Evans. Props to Reed for getting out there with a busted up shoulder. The guy has a lot of heart.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
ChrisKring said:
I And no, he didn't take Reed out last weekend. Reed was riding slow and was getting passed on both sides at the same time and bumped both Wey and Evans.
agreed.. evans has the rite to race and bang bars with anyone on the track..

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
While they were talking about Reed and Evans someone at my house was taliking too much so I missed what they said...Hopefully Reed is a big enough man to take something like that, did not look like a dirty move at all...to bad Pastrane had to pull out of the main event in Daytona.

roberts

Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
Tricks are for kids. Think how great it would be if Travis had focused on racing and was up w/ RC & Bubba.

Personally, I do not like freestyle.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Showboating can be cool. But if he crashes and injures someone else, I would beat his ass. He can take himself out, that's fine by me.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Jimmy_Pop said:
a Lindsey Jacobellis moment, only looks like he won.
Travis has already won everything there is to win. Plus it was practice. Lindsey blew a chance she will only get one or maybe two more times. Still, I would comfort her...

I hope travis quits moto altogether and becomes the world rally champion, although Im not sure he has the right attitude for it.

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
bmxr said:
AMA Pro Racing sucks. Talk about an organization that is out of touch with its clientele...

Yes sir it is! They are such a crock! The AMA is the only thing i dont miss about racing Moto full time.

Nick Wey turned down factory rides after he got booted from Suzuki because he doesnt like the factory ride aspect, he is happy with the satilite ride. He is privateer but not. He doesnt pay for any of his stuff, he just doesnt like the politics. Nick is by far one of the nicest and down to earth racers out there. Super fun guy to ride with.

I completely agree with TheInedibleHulk, Travis needs to do some more MX, He did a couple at the end of last season and was hangin' up front untill he f'd himself up again. I bet he could win if he would put his head into it...but not litterally...

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Motoking16 said:
I bet he could win if he would put his head into it...but not litterally...
thats the problem, he has proved that he cant, due to his horrible consitstancy..its just dissapointing for people that have been following him since he was on an 80...i agree that if he compleatly focused on mx he could win a few races but i would highly doubt he could keep it together for a full season to be in the points..if travis had stayed healthy and focused, we would be watching much better racing right now...mabye he should change his # like bubba...i dont think 199 is a lucky # anymore

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
He is really inconsistent, but you think that might have something to do with competing professionally in what like 47 different disciplines? MX, SX, Supermoto, Freestyle MX, rally car.... If he picked one thing and went with it I gauruntee he would dominate like he does in freestyle. The guy has more inate talent than possibly any other athlete in the world. He could probably pick up a dh bike tommorow and destory us all.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
He has raced DH. His norba license number is 144495. I remember him racing at Mount Snow back in 2001 or 2002 in Junior X. I can't remember how he finished.

I agree though, he would do well at DH. However DH doesn't pay.

As far as focus, he is very focus at whatever he is doing at the time. I wish he would race more SX. However, his body can't handle it right now.

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
ChrisKring said:
However DH doesn't pay.

Exactly! DH doesn't pay...It's tough to travel to the races when they dont pay, but soon...soon, DH will pay!

And then, travis will be on a bike and racking up the head injuries at the World Cups in europe instead of the des Nations:rofl:

IFL

Chimp
Jan 23, 2004
DK Land
I myself am glad Travis is doing what he is doing. We all know he is not gonna forget freestyle and focus on racing. But thats what makes Travis, Travis! No one has done a backflip in supercross, and I love that he tried it. If I was in position I would have done the same thing. Its almost like a freestyle contest, if we pulled it off, it would have been great! Everyone would have loved it! But since he didnt finish it, half of the e****ers had to come out and bad mouth him because he wasnt successful. Long live Travis, he helps moto and mountain biking move forward!!!

Where would freestyle be without him?

Nowhere

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Motoking16 said:
Yes sir it is! They are such a crock! The AMA is the only thing i dont miss about racing Moto full time.

Nick Wey turned down factory rides after he got booted from Suzuki because he doesnt like the factory ride aspect, he is happy with the satilite ride. He is privateer but not. He doesnt pay for any of his stuff, he just doesnt like the politics. Nick is by far one of the nicest and down to earth racers out there. Super fun guy to ride with.

I completely agree with TheInedibleHulk, Travis needs to do some more MX, He did a couple at the end of last season and was hangin' up front untill he f'd himself up again. I bet he could win if he would put his head into it...but not litterally...
Nick Wey has a TON of talent, and I'm always stoked to see him do well. If you're interested in watching the "politics" of sponsorship, watch "Reality of Speed," on The Speed Channel. The show follows the BooKoo team around with David Vuillemin. The Speed Channel airs the show on Tuesdays (Two Wheel Tuesdays). Typically the show is on during the day, so if you have TIVO, check it out...

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
blt2ride said:
Nick Wey has a TON of talent, and I'm always stoked to see him do well. If you're interested in watching the "politics" of sponsorship, watch "Reality of Speed," on The Speed Channel. The show follows the BooKoo team around with David Vuillemin. The Speed Channel airs the show on Tuesdays (Two Wheel Tuesdays). Typically the show is on during the day, so if you have TIVO, check it out...
Guess you haven't heard yet. DV and Hooligan parted ways yesterday. Check out mototalk for the latest gossip

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i'd like to see him give up two wheels in favor of that rally car.
chances are he'd be around a lot longer for us to enjoy watching.

i know he could crash one of those just as easily as a bike. but at least there's a cage in the car.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
ChrisKring said:
Guess you haven't heard yet. DV and Hooligan parted ways yesterday. Check out mototalk for the latest gossip
I just saw the press release on RacerX; I kind of saw this coming. To say there was an “irreconcilable professional difference” is an understatement. From what I saw, it looks like DV is kind of hard to work with. David’s mechanic got so frustrated, he basically quit on the spot—less than a week before a Supercross. Essentially, his mechanic said he couldn't work with David, and had to move on. I guess the grass is always greener...

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
rumor has it his the team bikes are crap...i dont think they were getting any support from Honda...not that you cant do well without it but you gotta remember that dv went from a factory yamaha to a 450 they slapped together a few days before the race(he started the season an a 2smoke).

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
blt2ride said:
I just saw the press release on RacerX; I kind of saw this coming. To say there was an “irreconcilable professional difference” is an understatement. From what I saw, it looks like DV is kind of hard to work with. David’s mechanic got so frustrated, he basically quit on the spot—less than a week before a Supercross. Essentially, his mechanic said he couldn't work with David, and had to move on. I guess the grass is always greener...
His wife is hard to deal with, not DV.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
stiksandstones said:
His wife is hard to deal with, not DV.
On Tuesday’s “Reality of Speed,” I noticed a women who was complaining and generally seemed to be pretty mad at the world, is that his wife? I was kind of confused as to who she was. I thought maybe she was some sort of team support. After all, a wife is supposed to be a help, not a hindrance.