Quantcast

Patapsco Jump Park Meeting - Dec 14th 7pm

Mar 30, 2006
Crofton, MD
Recap: The Norris Ln stuff will most likely be torn down at some point in the future (12-18 months) and the new stuff will be built off of Hilton Rd near the DNR Maintenance Facility.

Repeat: the NEW SITE is NOT THE NORRIS LN SITE. Follow Hilton Rd from Frederick Rd in Catonsville south and you'll see the site on Google Earth.

mike

Mar 30, 2006
Crofton, MD
No worries. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I didn't intend for the caps to be insulting, rather for emphasis.

I'm glad that y'all are supportive. That's really important. There's a good chance that we'll have to raise $10k or more for the park so that will take a lot of effort.

mike

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I'm glad that y'all are supportive. That's really important. There's a good chance that we'll have to raise $10k or more for the park so that will take a lot of effort.

mike
Well im always up for doing Car Washs in speedos....ummm or lets just leave it to the ladys. :)

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I was just kidding. You said we needed to raise money...what better way to raise money then the classic car wash deal. Anyways...back to the original topic, I look forward to seeing plans for the new jump park.

mroneeyedboh

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
that new jump park is going to be interesting. there is going to be all of these xc f ucks trying **** ( whihc is good ) but sometimes this would hold up the line. i dont knwo. i just know when i used to ride 20" and we would train the line and sometimes people we didnt know would just try s hit that they know they cant do and the wreck and then either holds up the line or gets another person hurt. i dont know but its good they are making up 3 deff lines up..

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
that new jump park is going to be interesting. there is going to be all of these xc f ucks trying **** ( whihc is good ) but sometimes this would hold up the line. i dont knwo. i just know when i used to ride 20" and we would train the line and sometimes people we didnt know would just try s hit that they know they cant do and the wreck and then either holds up the line or gets another person hurt. i dont know but its good they are making up 3 deff lines up..
perhaps you should open your own jump park. i mean, that way you can ride it 24-7 without the fear of someone 'holding up the line'. and you can keep all those pesky xc f ucks away.

Mar 30, 2006
Crofton, MD
Being an xc f uck myself, you don't have to worry. You'll be so far behind us that you won't even see us!

Many of us started riding before there was a thing such as a 'downhill' bike. All bikes went down hill. I remember seeing front suspension forks on bikes and thinking that was nuts!

Stop with the us vs them crap. There are a lot of us xc guys who are riding the same stuff you are with less travel, less armor and going a lot faster but we don't take shots at you.

Remember, this project is brought to you by MORE and myself, a bike rider. Let's save these bs labels.

mike

mroneeyedboh

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
u i think ive fallen alot harder then alota people. i sued to ride street 20" with out helmets, pads nothing
i never ride without protection. say what you will. but dont try to be the toughness factor into it, bc i bet you can talk the talk but not walk the walk. and mike, seems as if you always up mores a ss. dont bring that neither, leave it as it is. we all know whos "doing" it. lets just leave it at that. no hard feelings here at all.

mroneeyedboh

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
no not really, but when is this suposed to start again? and are there going to be anymore meetings on the new parks?

Mar 30, 2006
Crofton, MD
We have a presentation to the DNR staff for the approval (or not) next week. We'll know a lot more after that. The meeting is Thurs.

If you have ideas, please post 'em up. Find pics of stuff from BC or wherever and post 'em here and I'll try to get the stuff built.

Thanks.

Mike

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
good stuff. keep up the good work. When is the pump track getting built? Lee's website has good info on it: pump track designs, how-to's etc. He was one of the first to get the fad going. with a couple of people and 3 days of work, i think a pump track could be built pretty easily though proper drainage is a must (also on Lee's site).

I think it's pretty easy to f' up a pumptrack, thats why i'm suggesting stuff. Heck I wouldn't mind helping out even

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
Nike, perhaps inserting some vid into your powerpoint will help them see how this stuff can be ridden. For a very good clip, see the New World Disorder 7 video, specifically Wade Simmons's 2 minute clip. Not aggro, just flow, clean, nice. I think would appeal to land managers and policy wonks (being one myself).

Like this:

Mar 30, 2006
Crofton, MD
Lee's stuff is great. The guy (Ben from IMBA) that is working on the plans built one of the lines in Kranked 6 (which is rad). He also did A LOT of the work at Santos and Tamarack in ID so I think we'll have a solid set up. Thanks y'all...

mike