Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Stern is the man! So lay off!

My List:
ANY Politician
ANY Religious Leader
NASCAR and the people who watch it, who know that the talented drivers race rally cars!
Any Rap/ Hip-Hop Artist (artist my ass!)
Slayer, they used to ROCK, but now they SUCK!
Liberals (Californians)
My neighbors

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by Jesus
Stern is the man! So lay off!

My List:
ANY Politician
ANY Religious Leader
NASCAR and the people who watch it, who know that the talented drivers race rally cars!
Any Rap/ Hip-Hop Artist (artist my ass!)
Slayer, they used to ROCK, but now they SUCK!
Liberals (Californians)
My neighbors
Howard Stern is a no talent ass clown!!:D

I do however agree that NASCAR and its mullet wearing fans need to leave.

And Slayer has always sucked.:devil:

LoboDelFuego

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
Originally posted by manimal
don't give me that load of crap. regardless of color, race, creed...... we all have the same chance to excel as everybody else.

and sense when is saying the word "jesus" illegal. last time i checked, our supreme courts still have bible verses inscribed on the walls. it seems that everyone has protective rights for their special interests groups except the people that really need them.
Yeah. The reason there are no gay homeless black senators is because only crack addicts would vote for a person like that. If you can't even manage your personal finance, do you think we're going to trust you to manage the country?

And saying the word "jesus" is not illegal. It just shouldnt be mentioned anywhere in government policy or official matters. I think there was a thread about this, but it crapped out.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by Booker
Howard Stern is a no talent ass clown!!:D

I do however agree that NASCAR and its mullet wearing fans need to leave.

And Slayer has always sucked.:devil:
He sucks when he has chicks take they're clothes off (boring), but the interviews, and Stuttering John are funny.

You like South Park for god's sake! This should be right up your alley.

And raggin on Slayer! Next time I see you, your gonna have a 3.0 tire tread on your forehead!

Bro! :D

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by Jesus
He sucks when he has chicks take they're clothes off (boring), but the interviews, and Stuttering John are funny.

You like South Park for god's sake! This should be right up your alley.

And raggin on Slayer! Next time I see you, your gonna have a 3.0 tire tread on your forehead!

Bro! :D
Correction. I LOVE South Park.

Slayer is washed up, has been, never was!!! Ha. Pantera and Soulfly is where it is at.:cool:

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by Booker
Correction. I LOVE South Park.

Slayer is washed up, has been, never was!!! Ha. Pantera and Soulfly is where it is at.:cool:
That's it, i'm burning you a CD. You will see the light.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I agree with most of the people already mentioned and would like to add/emphasize:
Al Sharpton
Aaron Spelling
Mike Tyson
The French
Louis Farrakahn
Jeremy McGrath
Patrick Roy
Marco Pantani
Dr. Phil
Hippies

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
don't give me that load of crap. regardless of color, race, creed...... we all have the same chance to excel as everybody else.

that statement is complete bull****. i being a healthy, educated, white woman with wealthy parents have about 100 million more chances at excelling than a poor black child will ever have and that is all there is to that. the whole "pull your self up by your boot straps" argument is crap. if you are stuck in a poor neighborhood with ****ty inner city public school education, and the only networks you have are people in the same situation as you, you are never going to have as easy a time succeeding as i am.

Aug 13, 2002
sandy beaches of O.C.
[

And saying the word "jesus" is not illegal. It just shouldnt be mentioned anywhere in government policy or official matters. I think there was a thread about this, but it crapped out. [/B]

[/QUOTE]
Perhaps you might spend some time in a history book! this country was found on prayer, and the name of Jesus. Congress still opens session in prayer, we have an amendment that say's we can speak what ever and when ever we want in this country, but for some reason the aclu can change the rules around for what ever they want, they dont have a problem with islam, and the name of allah:think:

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
What do you have against Josh Bender? On the surface it seems the guy is a bit crazy but he continually pushes the envelope. The guy has guts and although you may not be impressed with what he is doing you really should not knock Josh for pursuing his passion. I've never heard of him slamming other people for whatever their passion is. Have you?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Originally posted by laura
that statement is complete bull****. i being a healthy, educated, white woman with wealthy parents have about 100 million more chances at excelling than a poor black child will ever have and that is all there is to that. the whole "pull your self up by your boot straps" argument is crap. if you are stuck in a poor neighborhood with ****ty inner city public school education, and the only networks you have are people in the same situation as you, you are never going to have as easy a time succeeding as i am.
ditto. anyone read the recent WSJ article about Duke University basically letting in less-than-typical qualified students solely because they come from wealthy families (ie, they are looking for donations to the endowment down the road)???

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
Originally posted by laura

I agree.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by LoboDelFuego
If you can't even manage your personal finance, do you think we're going to trust you to manage the country?
Well, almost half the country DID vote for george W... who, despite a Yale and Harvard education still failed at roughly every business venture he ever tried until he finally escaped into politics. So apparently, the answer to your question is "YES."

If he'd been born poor and black, he'd be lucky to have graduated highschool in Texas, and get a job mopping up vomit at the local nursing home. We made him leader of the free world.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
[/QUOTE]
Perhaps you might spend some time in a history book! this country was found on prayer, and the name of Jesus. Congress still opens session in prayer, we have an amendment that say's we can speak what ever and when ever we want in this country, but for some reason the aclu can change the rules around for what ever they want, they dont have a problem with islam, and the name of allah:think: [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, the horrible ACLU, oppressing the Christian minority! I'm not going to pretend to know much history, but I'd like to believe this country was also founded on a welcoming, and acceptance of varying religions... Hence, the separation of church and state-- We can't favor one over the other in the community we all belong to-- government. While tradition should also be respected (Manimal's mention of the supreme court walls)-- there needs to be a balance between tradition and the minority...

This isn't the ACLU doing "whatever they want".....

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Originally posted by lonewolfe
What do you have against Josh Bender? On the surface it seems the guy is a bit crazy but he continually pushes the envelope. The guy has guts and although you may not be impressed with what he is doing you really should not knock Josh for pursuing his passion. I've never heard of him slamming other people for whatever their passion is. Have you?
I have nothing against Josh pursuing his passion. Although, I don't think he "pushes the envelope", since he rarely sticks the huge drops he attempts. It's the dumb the lines he spews...."Life's too short not to go big, ya gotta go big" :rolleyes:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
well I'm kind of late to this discussion but I think you and I live on different planets:think:....how could you even make a statement like that with a straight face:confused:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by BMXman
well I'm kind of late to this discussion but I think you and I live on different planets:think:....how could you even make a statement like that with a straight face:confused:

my thoughts exactly.

where have you been lately bmx? i have missed you around here.

Originally posted by Mocha
I have nothing against Josh pursuing his passion. Although, I don't think he "pushes the envelope", since he rarely sticks the huge drops he attempts. It's the dumb the lines he spews...."Life's too short not to go big, ya gotta go big" :rolleyes:
Hey, let him stay around.
his crashes are good entertainment, and he's a good example of what not to do off a drop.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
now, i know the ACLU is a foreign organisation, but don't know exactly from where (a little help here, pls)

also, was not the separation of church & state all wrapped up in the 1800's to protect the church from the state? Seem to recall that was the reason whitey left the Kingdom - they didn't want to have the Anglican church levied by the state :confused:

if someone wants to throw me a bone, i can look less like a buffoon when i open my yap.

wrt: being white gives a leg up (loose interpretation from laura's massive post) i was po-white-trash, still don't have my degree, but had opportunities aplenty not due to being white, and have landed on my feet. So, i guess i have a different perspective (i'm allowed to, right?).

oh, add terry mcaulliffe to the list, but keep james carville (he's the bully i like to see win)

add erstwhile astronaut sen bill nelson (D-FL) for trying to politicise the shuttle disaster. (article here: http://www.cnsnews.com/Politics/Archive/200302/POL20030203e.html)

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Originally posted by $tinkle
now, i know the ACLU is a foreign organisation, but don't know exactly from where (a little help here, pls)

also, was not the separation of church & state all wrapped up in the 1800's to protect the church from the state? Seem to recall that was the reason whitey left the Kingdom - they didn't want to have the Anglican church levied by the state :confused:

if someone wants to throw me a bone, i can look less like a buffoon when i open my yap.

wrt: being white gives a leg up (loose interpretation from laura's massive post) i was po-white-trash, still don't have my degree, but had opportunities aplenty not due to being white, and have landed on my feet. So, i guess i have a different perspective (i'm allowed to, right?).

oh, add terry mcaulliffe to the list, but keep james carville (he's the bully i like to see win)

add erstwhile astronaut sen bill nelson (D-FL) for trying to politicise the shuttle disaster. (article here: http://www.cnsnews.com/Politics/Archive/200302/POL20030203e.html)
The seperation of Church and State was implemented to protect both the Church and State from each other.

The religious practices of the founding fathers is debateable. Some claim they were all Bible reading Christians. Others claim they were not.

The key facts are this the government should play no role in religion, and the Church shouldn't attempt to rule the government. The rub is no one knows where the line is. The Supreme Court will have to figure it out.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Originally posted by $tinkle

The ACLU is based in New York City. Founded in the 1920's.

A- American
C- Civil
L- Liberties
U- Union

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by BlackhillsBob
[

Perhaps you might spend some time in a history book! this country was found on prayer, and the name of Jesus. Congress still opens session in prayer, we have an amendment that say's we can speak what ever and when ever we want in this country, but for some reason the aclu can change the rules around for what ever they want, they dont have a problem with islam, and the name of allah:think:
Article from the ACLU website:

NORTHAMPTON, MA -- The American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts today asked a federal district court in Springfield to protect the First Amendment rights of high school students who were disciplined by school officials for distributing candy canes with religious messages just before Christmas.

"Students have a right to communicate ideas, religious or otherwise, to other students during their free time, before or after class, in the cafeteria, or elsewhere," said ACLU cooperating attorney Jeffrey Pyle, the main author of a friend-of-the-court brief submitted in the case.

As a high school senior in 1993, Pyle was the plaintiff in a landmark ACLU case that established the free speech rights of secondary school students in the state. Today’s case is the first litigation in Massachusetts involving student free speech since Pyle v. South Hadley School Committee was decided in 1996.

In today’s case, the court is reviewing whether officials at Westfield High School in Western Massachusetts violated the rights of a student-initiated Bible Club by punishing them for handing out handing out candy canes with religious messages attached. The basis for the discipline is a school rule that prohibits the distribution of all literature that is not related to the curriculum.

The students each received a one-day suspension, which school officials agreed not to enforce after they were contacted by the ACLU of Massachusetts. The students subsequently filed a lawsuit asking the court to order to school not to interfere further with their right to hand out religious information.

In legal papers filed today, the ACLU of Massachusetts argued that the school rule interferes with the free speech rights of public high school students in Massachusetts under both state law and the First Amendment, which protects their speech as long as it does not disrupt the educational process. This principle was firmly established in the Pyle case, which concerned various messages on t-shirts worn by then-high school student Jeffrey Pyle and his brother, Jonathan.

Pyle went on to graduate from Trinity College in 1997 and Boston College Law School in 2000. He is now a First Amendment attorney in the Media and Intellectual Property Group at the Boston law firm of Price, Lobel, Glovsky & Tye. Pyle represents newspapers and magazines throughout New England, including student newspapers such as the Harvard Crimson.

dickiesbike1

Monkey
Jun 17, 2002
NC
any spoiled kid...and their parents
any "artist on" MTV
any news anchors (they are soooo fake)
secruity gaurds (hey, i just wanna ride)
ACLU!!!!

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by Westy
Article from the ACLU website:

NORTHAMPTON, MA -- The American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts today asked a federal district court in Springfield to protect the First Amendment rights of high school students who were disciplined by school officials for distributing candy canes with religious messages just before Christmas.

"Students have a right to communicate ideas, religious or otherwise, to other students during their free time, before or after class, in the cafeteria, or elsewhere," said ACLU cooperating attorney Jeffrey Pyle, the main author of a friend-of-the-court brief submitted in the case.

As a high school senior in 1993, Pyle was the plaintiff in a landmark ACLU case that established the free speech rights of secondary school students in the state. Today’s case is the first litigation in Massachusetts involving student free speech since Pyle v. South Hadley School Committee was decided in 1996.

In today’s case, the court is reviewing whether officials at Westfield High School in Western Massachusetts violated the rights of a student-initiated Bible Club by punishing them for handing out handing out candy canes with religious messages attached. The basis for the discipline is a school rule that prohibits the distribution of all literature that is not related to the curriculum.

The students each received a one-day suspension, which school officials agreed not to enforce after they were contacted by the ACLU of Massachusetts. The students subsequently filed a lawsuit asking the court to order to school not to interfere further with their right to hand out religious information.

In legal papers filed today, the ACLU of Massachusetts argued that the school rule interferes with the free speech rights of public high school students in Massachusetts under both state law and the First Amendment, which protects their speech as long as it does not disrupt the educational process. This principle was firmly established in the Pyle case, which concerned various messages on t-shirts worn by then-high school student Jeffrey Pyle and his brother, Jonathan.

Pyle went on to graduate from Trinity College in 1997 and Boston College Law School in 2000. He is now a First Amendment attorney in the Media and Intellectual Property Group at the Boston law firm of Price, Lobel, Glovsky & Tye. Pyle represents newspapers and magazines throughout New England, including student newspapers such as the Harvard Crimson.
WOW!

I am totally blown away by this. I have never heard of these cases. The ACLU could do wonders for its credibilty with conservatives by making this info more broadly known. My opinion of them has just been dramaticaly changed. Not reversed, but changed.