Quantcast

Performancebike is so retarded...

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
SO I get this email Saturday or so.......telling me something has been auto-renewed (a membership) for $25. I thought it was funny because my dad bought a bike for my brother about a year ago from them and got the membership. I used my email to register it so I could use the points as well. It was some double points thing (basically he got like $120 worth of free stuff) with the membership.

So I check the credit card statement today and lone behold, I was charged for the $25. I was like WTF and called them.

THEY told me that the last card used to buy anything under that performance membership if they couldn't charge the primary card it was bought with would go after the second one and the guy was nice and said that it happens all the time with their system. My dad had to change his credit card # because of some fraud that went on so that card no longer worked. I just wanted to charge reversed but that's the last time we buy a membership to performance bike.

Just my daily rant. I found it funny that it auto-renewed in the first place, but even more freeky was that it charged my credit card when I'm not even the one who bought it. We do have the same first/middle/last name but still.......seems odd to me. It's like having your buddy use your team performance number and then getting the bill for the renewal

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
hmm...last time mine was about to expire they just let it. I still had like $1500 in coupons coming to me and they wouldn't send them to me unless I renewed my membership....that was the last time I dealt with them...D