Quantcast

Person goes batsh$t crazy over $30K Jetta

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Short of it is, some quack posted her 1998 or so vr6 jetta for sale on the tampa craigslist for $30K saying its 1 of 2000 jettas built by Porsche and is a collectors car. She says she paid 20K to restore it. People on vwvortex get ahold of the craigslist ad and go nuts. Telling her shes retarded and calling her on her bull****. She gets all insolent and freaks out.

Then she posts this: http://www.lgbt-today.com/news-a-articles/featured-articles/129-gay-bashing-is-alive-and-well-and-living-on-craigs-list-and-vwvortexcom

The post vortex thread.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5170704-Related-to-the-30k-F-amp-F-Jetta-Lady...
So, the story is even better.

1.She had her life savings sitting in an account attached to her bank card. supposedly got jacked. OK, strike one your fooking stupid.

2.She paid 20K to restore a car that was mass produced and not worth more than 3K. Im assuming she's either fooking retarded or really gullible as some mechanic butt fooked the **** out of her.

3. Shes going after vwvortex over what some people who might or might not be members have said to her.

Some please knock the stupid out of this lady.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Where's the car? I could care less about a bunch of VW fanbois. They are like ricers without the reliability.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Where's the car? I could care less about a bunch of VW fanbois. They are like ricers without the reliability.
Truly she's lucky the idiots at 4chan havent gotten ahold of her info yet.

I just love that she got all pissy over being called an old, unattractive lesbian. She looks like the stepfather from Shaun of the Dead with ****ty hair.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dude, there aren't too many VW's that can do 0-60, let alone in under 10 seconds. That's a steal right there!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
How does lesbianism play into the story?
Because this woman is trying to play that card.

I don't see why the craigslist ad is such a big deal. So she listed it for some ludicrous price, so what? She won't sell it.
If someone IS stupid enough to pay $30K for it...well, then they are even dumber.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
What I am curious about is how her identity was released in the process.

I don't know VW's but I assume this wasn't a 30k vehicle, but I don't like the idea that the fact she is gay was to be flaunted.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Newsflash: the internet is filled with assholes.

I, for one, am shocked. Someone should do something about that.

edit - if there's a lawsuit to be had, it's against whatever mechanic convinced this poor lady to dump $15,000 of repairs into a common econobox (without even fixing the cosmetic issues!), by convincing her it was a collector's item. The thing is an automatic FFS!

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
What I am curious about is how her identity was released in the process.

I don't know VW's but I assume this wasn't a 30k vehicle, but I don't like the idea that the fact she is gay was to be flaunted.

I guess she used her real name in her email, posted her phone number in her CL listing and had a public facebook page and is openly the editor of LGBT Today.

I don't recall seeing anything about her sexuality in any of the posts, I just read and laughed at the people called her stupid. I had no idea she was gay until I saw this post.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
How does one get in on the "convince old lesbian lady her car is rare and charge her $20k to rebuild it" industry?

That lady is batsh1t goddamned crazy. Hopefully there's no federal law against that or maybe she'll sue RM now too?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
as a jetta owner, i cannot figure out why someone would want to collect one.

ain't like it's a '68 tempest

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
BTW it made it to 4chan, someone posted on the vortex thread about it. Someone over there wrote her this "I just thought you should know that 4chan, the scariest site on the internet, found out about this through your blog. I'm all for having fun, but believe me, your life is about to become hell if you don't change your phone number and stop using this email address. Seriously, I'm all for poking fun at someone for trying to sell a cheap car for a ridiculous price, but you do not understand what 4chan is capable of. Google them if you don't believe me.

The best thing you can do now is just get off the radar. Your best of course of action originally would have been to contact the site, and just lay low. You didn't, instead you decided to run your mouth, and frankly, **** just got real. People on vwvortex with few exceptions are just people who like to have fun and take the piss out of people. In fact they're for the most part really nice people who just get on board with making fun of people who do dumb things.

Learn from your mistakes. Your Jetta is not worth $30,000 any logical person can see that, but for the love of god heed my warning, no one deserves what the "/b/tards" are about to unleash on you."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
BTW it made it to 4chan, someone posted on the vortex thread about it. Someone over there wrote her this "I just thought you should know that 4chan, the scariest site on the internet, found out about this through your blog. I'm all for having fun, but believe me, your life is about to become hell if you don't change your phone number and stop using this email address. Seriously, I'm all for poking fun at someone for trying to sell a cheap car for a ridiculous price, but you do not understand what 4chan is capable of. Google them if you don't believe me.

The best thing you can do now is just get off the radar. Your best of course of action originally would have been to contact the site, and just lay low. You didn't, instead you decided to run your mouth, and frankly, **** just got real. People on vwvortex with few exceptions are just people who like to have fun and take the piss out of people. In fact they're for the most part really nice people who just get on board with making fun of people who do dumb things.

Learn from your mistakes. Your Jetta is not worth $30,000 any logical person can see that, but for the love of god heed my warning, no one deserves what the "/b/tards" are about to unleash on you."

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
ahahah she deleted her article on her website, looks like shes in full withdrawl mode. Too late im afraid as the /btards already got ahold of her.
I assumed it was them that got it down but her site is still up. But I'm not sure why they would want it down anyway...she screwed this one.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Mental note: Any time I sell anything on the interwebs and need to give out my phone #, just get another disposable one from google voice.

Also, I'm selling my pristine, MkI Scion tC. This is the original, '05 model year purchased new in '04, before they were even available throughout the United States. Now you can't even get them anymore since they changed it. This was literally the first year it was available, *and* it's color is Silver Streak Mica, which they only had in production for the first year. INSTANT COLLECTIBLE!! Only 80,000 miles. Needs some TLC, but with a little polish this thing will be worth millions in a couple years. Still has '07 NY registration on windshield, adds to the authenticity. Only $45,000. Act fast, this won't last long.

Oh, and I just lost my life savings due to a spouse with a gambling problem. No correlation, just hoped that you would feel sorry for me and know your money is going to a good cause.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003

not sure where to look on /b/, but if this chick gets what's coming to her, i have a feeling it'll be a modest consolation to her ilk browsing the board looking for her jetta

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
solid ****ing victory to the kids on the car lounge.

"The article has been removed from LGBT-Today. Someone sent me an email that 4 chan was about to attack my website unless I removed the article and my webmaster told me it was either remove the essay or remove my site from his server"