Quantcast

Photo session

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Sean Walton is the photographer www.evisionsphoto.com

Me and some buddies of mine met up with Sean on some local trails. So much fun. I finally got to hit some of the biggest stuff out there. Pumped!

Me:

Jim:

Tyler:

Tyler:

Tyler right before hitting his face on his bars!

Me:

Me hitting it for the first time - I need more speed next time:

Jim:

My bike:

The picture doesnt give it justice, but this is a pretty big gap..

Me hitting it for the first time:

Tyler:

Jim:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
He was using 2 flashes on Saturday. Thats where most of the light came from. haha. It was a ton of fun let me tell you. Hitting all of that stuff for the first time was a total mind trip, but it worked out. I only walked away with a broken big toe from my last jump. Didnt actually crash, just slipped a pedal. Some carnage from the day on me:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Josh! GREAT pictures man!

We ended up working on my truck, and beforehand doing a quick Saratoga Grap drop... which was fun, but not quite as fun as I'm sure that you had. GREAT photos. Props to the guy who snapped them!

You want to head up to Pacifica this weekend? Saturday morning/early afternoon? You'll love it man.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I work at the shop on Sundays... sadly enough.

Saturday is my "riding day", unless you've got time tomorrow evening...

I might head over there and hit the trails around 6:00pm. Probably hit Z's for a while and then bomb down Dead Campers or something.

What you got on your platform-riding-green-shirt-wearing plate for tomorrow?

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
That was a great time for sure. Thanks for letting me crash the party! HUGE props to Sean, those are some really great shots. Tyler and Josh were definitely throwing down. BIG congrats to Josh, hitting the DC drop and the road gap at the bottom for the first time on the same day is no joke! You shouldda seen him on the gap the first time. Big time air. Let's just say he didn't come up short! :)

Looks like I missed out on some, um, interesting times at the step-up...

I think I've got some OK pics from the day on my camera, nothing pro like Sean's shots though. I'll try to post some of them later. Maybe even the oh-my-god-I'm-gonna-eat-it wheelie landing vid from the upper DC road gap. :)

Oh yeah... Josh, that pedal scar on the back of your leg looks a lot like the logo on the Monster energy drink can. Which I saw you drinking right before that happened. Coincidence??

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Haha tomorrow is actually my aunts birthday so I'm out for tomorrow.

Saturday I can probably swing. Whats wrong with platforms? =]
Platforms are for... bah... nevermind. I just looked at those pictures again.

I guess I'M the pussy... Haha...

You gotta' come scope out Pacifica. We're gonna' ride/push all the way to the top, but it's the lower third that'll make you le' creme' in your le' panties.

You won't regret it, dude.

GTiFreak

Chimp
Apr 9, 2007
SF Bay Area
Hey everyone... I'm the photog. Thanks for the compliments! If you guys go to Pacifica on Saturday, you mind if I tag along and shoot some more? I've got all these new toys and I'm itchin to play with them!!!

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Hey everyone... I'm the photog. If you guys go to Pacifica on Saturday, you mind if I tag along and shoot some more? I've got all these new toys and I'm itchin to play with them!!!
You're kidding, right?

OF COURSE!

We'll ride the whole thing... but you can just bring your photography equipment on the lower 1/3... that's the best place.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
K... then we should leave at 8 too. It took us just about an hour to get there.

We should meet at the Taco Bell as close to 9am as possible.

Sound good?

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
You guys have heard of PM's right? :)

Here are some non-pro pics from my point-n-shoot. It doesn't do so well in low light, but it does give a different perspective on the shots. Also shows Sean (or should I say, GTiFreak), the master photographer, in action! Thanks to my friend Buffy for taking most of these.

This one really shows some perspective on the DC drop. Josh is standing at the takeoff, and Tyler is at the landing.

The gap right below the DC drop. No photos of this, but I did get some OK video on the camera. Will try to post that later.

Gap at the bottom of DC:

Buffy also got a few shots on her camera, but it seems like it might be messed up because the shots came out pretty out of focus. But the effect is kinda cool:

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Maybe even the oh-my-god-I'm-gonna-eat-it wheelie landing vid from the upper DC road gap. :)
Here's that video footage. I threw together all the little video clips I had from the day from my camera. Nothing fancy, and the youtube compression really helps it look even better. :) Extra-special slow-mo wheelie landing at the end.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Here's that video footage. I threw together all the little video clips I had from the day from my camera. Nothing fancy, and the youtube compression really helps it look even better. :) Extra-special slow-mo wheelie landing at the end.

Nice! Was the 2nd one hitting the DC drop me? I think? haha

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah, sorry about the video quality. The original export looks better but it looks like it looses something when uploaded to youtube. Anyway, you're the first DC drop. If the music weren't there you could actually hear the noise from the tire hitting the seat on the landing. Second DC drop is Tyler. I'm pretty sure because there was a bunch of squeaking in the original! :)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah, sorry about the video quality. The original export looks better but it looks like it looses something when uploaded to youtube. Anyway, you're the first DC drop. If the music weren't there you could actually hear the noise from the tire hitting the seat on the landing. Second DC drop is Tyler. I'm pretty sure because there was a bunch of squeaking in the original! :)
Classic. =]