Quantcast

@@@ Phucket Fridag@@@

gonefirefightin

free wieners
and that is why you get property surveyed and pre purchase home inspections done by your own people not the sellers. Good catch GFF
Spent three days with the county planning, assessors, road dept and surveyors along with walking the complete “listed” properties and when I finally made the realtor work for his position he could only produce 1/3 of the listing with a deed.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello god dammit. lmao. I got up early for an easy five mile run. Got a half marathon tomorrow and the race weather is going to be perfect.

My new car, purchased yesterday. It's got the four cylinder 260hp engine which is a lot snappier than I expected. Lots of fun features in this car.

387076913_10228297262530327_4131836140560914634_n.jpg

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Company i work for was recently sold for the second time in less than 18 months. This was an assett sale apparently, so all employees have to be offered positions at the new company. It’s looking like half will get axed. After two weeks of making my case, I was informed last night that I won’t be offered a position. Their loss.

On the plus side, plenty of time to ride!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. I came out of my on-site day with 23 voicemails yesterday, most over a week old (thanks Verizon!). So I know what I'm doing today... One of the retired board members from a plan of mine called me yesterday. First thing he asked was if I passed my test and if I was planning to leave.

Back into the spare wheels research, because everything is about the offset and I'm measuring the offset as the same. I've posted to the kart forum to make sure that I'm not crazy, but I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one. If so, that means that I have two spare sets of wheels. It also means the old chassis is worth almost nothing, since it's primary value was in wheels and a new seat (which I'm keeping). I might just be reaching out to the other Jr families to see who wants it if I take the wheels off too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Le work.

Need to wash the bike tonight, after wednesdays wet ride through grit and horse poop.

Also would like to finish chopping down the wacky tabacky plants, but I doubt there is time for that.

This whole sun setting at 6:30pm thing really sucks.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Fritter Friday bitches. Weather isn't terrible, so that helps. I'm supposed to do 6 weeks of PT, then get an MRI to verify I'm old and broken. Should be fun. The place is a mile from the house, so that's nice.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Here. I came out of my on-site day with 23 voicemails yesterday, most over a week old (thanks Verizon!). So I know what I'm doing today... One of the retired board members from a plan of mine called me yesterday. First thing he asked was if I passed my test and if I was planning to leave.

Back into the spare wheels research, because everything is about the offset and I'm measuring the offset as the same. I've posted to the kart forum to make sure that I'm not crazy, but I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one. If so, that means that I have two spare sets of wheels. It also means the old chassis is worth almost nothing, since it's primary value was in wheels and a new seat (which I'm keeping). I might just be reaching out to the other Jr families to see who wants it if I take the wheels off too.
i forsee a pipe bender/welder/chassis table in your garage in your future....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
came home from a short but nice ride last night to learn my son actually had a concussion from bumping his head during his strength training on Tuesday. Turns out he has an upset stomach and dizziness while reading. It sure would help me help him if he actually talked to me... we sent him to school Wednesday and Thursday when clearly he should not have gone. :( Oh well, I managed to get him an appointment with his doctor today. if this was a ploy to not go to school, he's going to be bored out of his tree with no screens and no reading.

Ordered coffee today, only to realize after the confirmation that the shipping address is the UPS store in Ogdensburg, NY... oops. I hope they can update the shipping address.

beautiful and sunny here... don't really feel like working.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Gave presentation on Wednesday to about 150-200 people via Teams. Someone just told me the feedback from folks in Europe is that they want to see who I am and suggest that I turn my camera on next time.

1697209507493.png

I'm good. They don't need to see me, I'll stick a selfie in the presentation next time, if there is a next time. Kind of strange also, given all the privacy rules and laws and whatnot that comes from their side of the pond.

Off to play bikes in the forest with @Dirtrider BRB.
:rockout:

jelly

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
working in the hospital 7-4 reading inpatients

and rebooking/making new plans for my Japan trip starting tomorrow. currently on hold because the JR Pass reservation website is unavailable for use from 11:30 pm-4 am Japan time every day, in characteristically Japanese fashion.

going to try to book a Resort Shirakami ticket from Aomori to Akita, for the curious

https://www.jreast.co.jp/multi/en/joyful/shirakami.html

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
working in the hospital 7-4 reading inpatients

and rebooking/making new plans for my Japan trip starting tomorrow. currently on hold because the JR Pass reservation website is unavailable for use from 11:30 pm-4 am Japan time every day, in characteristically Japanese fashion.

going to try to book a Resort Shirakami ticket from Aomori to Akita, for the curious

https://www.jreast.co.jp/multi/en/joyful/shirakami.html
i am shocked at how cheap vacation homes can be bought for in japan...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its like those that were or are for sale in spots in Italy.

Some places are cheap for a reason or you have to invest into the property.

Others might be getting sold because there is no one to live in them; the young folks in the family have moved into the cities and have no desire to live in the boonies. Which is sad, as they just rott away.

At least thats what I gathered when I went down that rabbit hole a few months ago one night...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Its like those that were or are for sale in spots in Italy.

Some places are cheap for a reason or you have to invest into the property.

Others might be getting sold because there is no one to live in them; the young folks in the family have moved into the cities and have no desire to live in the boonies. Which is sad, as they just rott away.

At least thats what I gathered when I went down that rabbit hole a few months ago one night...
Screenshot_20231013_114549_Instagram.jpg

seems nice...

most of what is/was considered the boonies in montana...wyoming...colorado....not so cheap anymore....

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Thanks for being here ya'll!

So much drama in trail system politics here locally. The local landfill closed our trails at the pleading of non-profit trail groul that was jealous their hiking trail sucks and doesn't get used. Then they threaten anyone who calls them out with a defamation lawsuit.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Mixed emotions Friday...

Lost a friend to every kind of cancer imaginable on Weds. He was the type of guy you would pick to be your big brother if you could do such a thing. Indomitable, huge ego, big Polack from Pittsburgh who would fight anyone, yet a guy that everybody loved. He had 3 weeks from diagnosis to death. I learned he was in hospice in the morning, and he passed that afternoon. I am so happy he is out of pain, yet so mentally fucked up over it that I cant think straight. I cant adult anymore. Fuck cancer, and fuck this shit.

I am off work today, so there is that. Maybe I will ride a bike or something weird like that.

Get yourselves checked my friends, and then do what the fucking doc tells you to do.

Please.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Omg such good food in that town. :drool:

Up early for a sunrise hike

You should check out Italy. :D

<snip>
That happens here - you will occasionally see these derelict joints out in the middle of *nowhere* in the Great Plains. Nobody wants to live in Bumfuck, Kansas. Not even people from Kansas.

Mixed emotions Friday...

Lost a friend to every kind of cancer imaginable on Weds. He was the type of guy you would pick to be your big brother if you could do such a thing. Indomitable, huge ego, big Polack from Pittsburgh who would fight anyone, yet a guy that everybody loved. He had 3 weeks from diagnosis to death. I learned he was in hospice in the morning, and he passed that afternoon. I am so happy he is out of pain, yet so mentally fucked up over it that I cant think straight. I cant adult anymore. Fuck cancer, and fuck this shit.

I am off work today, so there is that. Maybe I will ride a bike or something weird like that.

Get yourselves checked my friends, and then do what the fucking doc tells you to do.
Sorry you gotta deal with this shit, man. :( Fuck cancer.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Mixed emotions Friday...

Please.
:thumbsdown:

Sorry to hear that John, that sucks.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Mixed emotions Friday...

Please.
So sorry John.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Mixed emotions Friday...

Please.
Sorry for your loss. Fuck Cancer !

Go get some time in the woods. If not a ride go hike some rocky trails where you have to watch every step. It’s good for staying in the moment and not dwelling on negative shit.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wahoo! Wheels are the same. Gonna pull those and the new seat (same size as current), then try to find one of the other cadet families on this chassis to take it for parts. Otherwise, I'm tossing it. Just saved $500 on a spare set of wheels.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
present. rampage day. weather looks like it might be good enough for DH laps sunday, but home chores might take priority.
today went fully sideways. was going to pick up a set of patio furniture with le spouse, waiting in line to rent a truck from home depot only to find out my drivers license is expired. OOPS. processed the rental in the wife's name / DL, while simultaneously filling out the online renewal so i can drive legally. while i'm doing that I got an email from the pool company, saying they are gonna start on tuesday, and that the guys are coming out to mark. they are here now. yoi and double yoi. also a bunch of work stuff went crazy too, wtf. i just wanted to day drink and watch rampage. DH laps for sunday are out, gotta make final prep for the dig to start.