Quantcast

(*) Phucket Friderp(*)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
TIL I'm a fucking idiot.

I goofed when entering my post-op appointment into my calendar. It was Wednesday, not today. Now the surgeon doesn't have an official appointment until the end of November. His office is closed for the (Canadian) Thanksgiving long weekend, so I won't hear back till next week. I'm beyond disappointed. I'd even say I'm gutted. I was really looking forward to this appointment, to see how I was doing, see how my rehab is progressing, and see if I can start spending less time with the brace on. stupid. stupid. stupid.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
TIL I'm a fucking idiot.

I goofed when entering my post-op appointment into my calendar. It was Wednesday, not today. Now the surgeon doesn't have an official appointment until the end of November. His office is closed for the (Canadian) Thanksgiving long weekend, so I won't hear back till next week. I'm beyond disappointed. I'd even say I'm gutted. I was really looking forward to this appointment, to see how I was doing, see how my rehab is progressing, and see if I can start spending less time with the brace on. stupid. stupid. stupid.
sounds like you had quite an off

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Get a dumpster dropped and get day labor to slurp that place out. Act as the general and save 30k.
It's in CA and I'm in CO. Plus I don't have the capacity to deal with it. She has the means to pay for it and can at this point.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have called into our helpdesk multiple times becaue my laptop overclocks the processor no matter what, even without opening a single program, overheats then has to throttle back to a crawl. It will not go to sleep so I have to shut it down and it burns through a battery charge in 15 minutes. It also keeps getting the BSOD when overheating. Helpdesk can't solve it and pretty much has said to just let it cook itself to death then I can get a new one. Asked for that in writing so I can sue the shit out of them when it burns down my house.
Ranorex software used to have great support. But last year they outsourced tier 1 support, so you have to do a few back and forth emails before you get someone who either knows or can set up a call to screen share. But now it takes a day or two before getting to a resolution.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ranorex software used to have great support. But last year they outsourced tier 1 support, so you have to do a few back and forth emails before you get someone who either knows or can set up a call to screen share. But now it takes a day or two before getting to a resolution.

We contracted all tech support to Dell who hires high school kids and gives them a script.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Omfg... MIL just cancelled her car insurance in CA and figured out that her condo has been miscategorized for residency since she moved. If the place had @jonKranked'd, she would not have had any coverage because she didn't live there and her coverage was for a primary residency. I told her to correct that years ago and told her to reconfirm withing the last 6 months. I think I'm going to have to make her pull out every bill and legal liability to make sure that they are set-up correctly. Even Wifey is starting to think that we need to look into a financial POA.

What in the fuck? I can't be the only person dealing with shit to this extent, can I? Any of you older guys deal with this level of fuckery?

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Any of you older guys deal with this level of fuckery?
No but I'll trade you negotiating two different 4 days stays in the hospital last month with mom when the fucking thing was 100% full of COVID, the week+ in July shuttling her down and back for a GMO beef heart valve process in SLC and the 2x/week doctor appointments that go along with all that "healthcare" since.

But I actually like my mom -- you could probably say I love her ;) -- and realize her days on this planet are both finite and nearing the end

Unfortunately for me I have no /////moldyassets, but I will inherit a sweet collection of Longaberger baskets and a lifetime supply of needlepoint patterns, fabric and string, and nutcracker/smoker collection.

1633736072998.png

1633736469850.png

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
What in the fuck? I can't be the only person dealing with shit to this extent, can I? Any of you older guys deal with this level of fuckery?
Things move really, really fast for our older folks. Try to stay patient and empathetic.

When I was helping my grandmother out as her dementia and alzheimers took over, I dealt with more frustration than I can remember. In the end, I'm glad I never lost my cool. She knew she was making mistakes, she knew her mind was failing and it scared the hell out of her.
I know it sucks, but go easy on her.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Was supposed to go Motorcycle riding in the woods. Got late and went bike riding at the local park instead. Tryon. I set out alone. At the furthest point I got behind a large group. I held off and kept catching them. They asked me to join them. It was fun to ride with people. I still cannot ride a wheelie. One of the members of the group could. I held off punching him in the face as I was clearly outnumbered. They shared a Pabst after the ride. For a moment I felt guilty for wanting to punch wheelie boy in the face.