Quantcast

pic of new aaron chase frame built

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
the new chase frame. looks alot like my P1.this is with the build kit from c'dale

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
Originally posted by RITFreeRider
Sure it may look nice but it's guarantied to cost too much. Also the fact the we in the US don't get the lefty is pretty gay imo.

the only thing thats ****ty is that his signature bike isnt speced anything like the bike he actualy rides. No lowerd sherman, no proflies ect...

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
Originally posted by RITFreeRider
Sure it may look nice but it's guarantied to cost too much. Also the fact the we in the US don't get the lefty is pretty gay imo.
actually, it's going to be less than $1000, i think about $900. it would be cool if it came with a lefty though...or a lowered sherman for sure. but you have to figure it will be a nicer, lighter frame than the Spec. P series.

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
Originally posted by scofflaw23
actually, it's going to be less than $1000, i think about $900. it would be cool if it came with a lefty though...or a lowered sherman for sure. but you have to figure it will be a nicer, lighter frame than the Spec. P series.
why would you want a lefty for street and dj's

i mean yeah aaron rides them, but im sure he gets them replaced or repaired fairly often and hes also damn smooth in general.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Originally posted by Ifelloffabike
why would you want a lefty for street and dj's

i mean yeah aaron rides them, but im sure he gets them replaced or repaired fairly often and hes also damn smooth in general.
Where are you getting that Lefty's are breaking? I'm just curious cuz I haven't heard about it.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
yeah they need to spec it like the one chase actually rides, the 80 mm sherman, profiles, evil guide, etc... Lefty over a DJ? Hell no! that bike looks cheap with the lefty i think.

And he rides Hydro brakes, not mechs, after switching, ill never ride cables again for sure!

D_D

Monkey
Dec 16, 2001
UK
The only big problem with a lefty is limits turning radius to the left, you really don't want that on a street/dj bike unless it has a massive advantage over a conventional fork and it doesn't.

For £1799($3000) for the chase I and £899($1500) for the chase II they are way overpriced.

When you can buy a proven relaible frame and spec the componants you what for less there is no reason to buy one.

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
ya I road it, its alright, A little long for me, but aaron is also taller then me. I did see him tare it up on the street ride that we went on. I saw him do the craziest step up that I ve ever seen. It had to been a 7' step up, and he had to pedale up hill to get to it and there really wasn't a very good lip to go off of and only took one run up. I guess all of you people that didn't see it will have to what for his new video to come out. ha ha. aaron if you see this you randy and john have a safe trip. and come back soon.

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by dirtyj
don't get all jealouse and cry. it will be allright.

why would i be jealous. i can ride one of chase's bikes anytime i feel like it. not that big of a deal to me. in fact i rode one of his
c-dale's today. sorry to disappoint you.

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
your right its not that big of deal, but when aaron suggest that I ride his bike the one that he brought down. The one that he rides, well I guess your right it really isn't a big deal to you because you didn't chill with them and ride with them. I'm just glad that they didn't hook up with a bunch of tools such as your self. Then they would of seen what austin is really about, a bunch of fools that have sick as bike that can't ride.

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by dirtyj
your right its not that big of deal, but when aaron suggest that I ride his bike the one that he brought down. The one that he rides, well I guess your right it really isn't a big deal to you because you didn't chill with them and ride with them. I'm just glad that they didn't hook up with a bunch of tools such as your self. Then they would of seen what austin is really about, a bunch of fools that have sick as bike that can't ride.
yes and im very impressed by your azonic. Its so much of a better bike then my Intense. Yes and im the tool here. you dont know me, you dont know how i ride. And i bet you really stepped it up at the jumps im sure. so get over you neoplean complex and shut it. oh and you guys are the one's that give this town a bad rap. not I or my crew. just stating the obvious. ive have other things to other than having my head squarely planted up Aaron Chase's ass. you know like riding. so have a nice day.

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
all the forks that they had randy spangler and john Jesme were custom forks with a lock out on them that gave them 2" of travel and was stiff as hell. they didn't fill like a very smooth fork.

Oct 3, 2003
Denver, CO
i got my sherman on my "big bike" but im gonna get a hardtail and i love the sherman so i was just wondering if there was a kit or a way to take a few inches off, idealy i would like it to be a 4-5" fork for dj and street. but dosent look like its gonna be able to happen, at least not for a while

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
time is what its going to take, time. just be patient and they will come out with something for the masses. the whole street and jump scene is blowing up and it becoming.