Quantcast

pic of new aaron chase frame built

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
i know that dw has knocked down shermans and dorado sc's for some of the Evil guys. think it just involves the springs, a hacksaw, and some fabricated top caps.

Grimey

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
cali
Actually, you could probably just cut the springs. Someon should order up some springs and hack them down, springs should be cheap.

RITFreeRider

Monkey
Sep 10, 2003
In a Boulderado state of mind
Originally posted by Grimey
Actually, you could probably just cut the springs. Someon should order up some springs and hack them down, springs should be cheap.
That sounds like the best idea, taking a saw to legs just brings tears to my eyes even though it is a manitou. I have to say though this is the one manitou fork I would buy and it would be awesome to be able to run it at 3 or 4 inches and have the stiffest single crown ever!!

D_D

Monkey
Dec 16, 2001
UK
If you shorten just the springs it will still extend just as far. Pull a wheelie and the lowers will drop. When you land again the fork will compress again untill it hits the springs. Not really desiarable.

You need to find out what stops the stactions from pulling out of the lowers and see if you can modify it so the stantions can't pull out of the lowers as far.

dirtdevil

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Coto de Caza
manitou sent me out some new forks for my bike that have a lock out device on it. I was breaking forks every week and they were trying to figure out why this was happening. The new forks have this thing where I can turn and compress the forks and it makes them go from 6 inches to 4 and makes them stiff as f**k. I am not sure if they have this on the market for their forks but if you can get your hands on it and want to shorten your forks go this way, no sawing, baddddd!!!!!