Quantcast

Pics of the new bike... (bandwidth warning)

Showtime

Chimp
Aug 6, 2003
Seattle, WA
My turn to show off the new toy... There aren't many of these out there yet...

Transition Trail-or-Park

Rear dropout/tensioning system

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
Originally posted by 66
do you secretly work for transition?

congrats. that thing look amazing.
Haha, I don't think he does seeing as that's the list price for those things. Nice bike dude, hope you have fun with it :monkey:

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
Yup those massive tubes are 4130 chromo. when i first saw one I thought it was alu until a. I picked it up and b. someone told me it was steel.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Bad-freakin-ass. That's all I have to say.

BTW- it can't be called the "trail-r-park", dirt brothers has a BMX frame by that name already.

Showtime

Chimp
Aug 6, 2003
Seattle, WA
Built weight on it is somewhere in the neighborhood of 36lbs. Not too bad... The frame is 8lbs of that. My big bike is probably close to 44lbs, so this thing feels light in comparison.

Five, I will definitely have to bring it out to the track soon. Have they finished work on the new track yet? They were just starting to tear out the start the last time I was there (a couple months ago).

Showtime

Chimp
Aug 6, 2003
Seattle, WA
Actually, I believe that Kyle and Kevin talked to the guys at Dirt Brothers and that they said there was no problem using the name, because it wasnt the same, and it wasnt a BMX

Someone should tell Ellsworth they need to do a bit of research on bike names... they have the "Ellsworth Moment" now, there was already the "Norco Moment". Different styles of MTBs I know... but still...

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Originally posted by Showtime
Built weight on it is somewhere in the neighborhood of 36lbs. Not too bad... The frame is 8lbs of that. My big bike is probably close to 44lbs, so this thing feels light in comparison.

Five, I will definitely have to bring it out to the track soon. Have they finished work on the new track yet? They were just starting to tear out the start the last time I was there (a couple months ago).
Yeah, it's done - we've been racing on it the last couple of months. The start is steeper and there's a huge step-up right off the gate. The rest is the same.

Showtime

Chimp
Aug 6, 2003
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by freeriding101
how does that thing ride the trails?
Quite honestly, I don't know yet. I have only had 2 real rides on it so far. However, I don't think I am going to find any issues with it. I think I am going to ride RatPac this weekend on it, so I will have a better idea after that.

Kevin (one of the owners of Transition) has ridden his on the shore a few times and absolutely loved it.

freeriding101

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Anacortes WA
what is the bottom bracket size? all it says is that it has a bmx style bb, but not the actual size, what bb did u use on ur bike, and can u use mtb cranks on the bmx bb?

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
BMX BB is pressed in cups, not threaded, you can purchase the MTB Conversion kit seperately that allows the use of conventional MTB BBs. they will accept a 73mm Shell BB with the conversion kit.

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
nice looking setup, but personally I don't think any bike with bent tubes will ever look as 'clean' as straight tubes