Quantcast

Pictures of my work (as promised)

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Here are some pictures of the final product... I took the camera home yesterday to play and I figured I'd shoot a few of this album that I designed since I promised I'd get it up on the :monkey:

Sorry about the glare, I didntfeel like adjusting the lights and the spot varnished parts pick up tons of glare.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
stosh said:
you make drums?
golgiaparatus said:
this album that I designed
anyway, props on the album. i will grant you amnesty when i am president of West Coast America and you wish to immigrate from the fundamentalist nation of MidAmerica

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
golgiaparatus said:
RS Dual Air (SID Race)... On its 3rd rebuild, I cant believe it hasnt totally broken on me yet. Rebound still works really well, too well if you turn it way up, and its still really smooth and plush, go figure.

I have the same thing on mine. I have no complaints about the shock itself but the 6" travel mode seems less plush than my 4" Superlight. That rear end was designed with a rising rate to work with a spring shock, throw a rising rate aire shock on it and it does not feel so good.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Westy said:
I have the same thing on mine. I have no complaints about the shock itself but the 6" travel mode seems less plush than my 4" Superlight. That rear end was designed with a rising rate to work with a spring shock, throw a rising rate aire shock on it and it does not feel so good.
Yeah but your superlight wont eat up a 6' drop to flat concrete, or will it :think:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Crashby said:
fantastic work... I really dig the main background colors...

well done. :thumb:
Thanks... every inch of the thing is covered with shots of the place where they recorded... its a beautiful place. They wanted me to capture the vibe of the place mixed with the vibe of their music... I think I did it pretty well, at least they were very happy with it, as well as the record company.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
golgiaparatus said:
Thanks... every inch of the thing is covered with shots of the place where they recorded... its a beautiful place. They wanted me to capture the vibe of the place mixed with the vibe of their music... I think I did it pretty well, at least they were very happy with it, as well as the record company.
Very nice work, but how does the disk sound?

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
golgiaparatus said:
No... that is Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey... left to right, Reed Mathis (bass), Jason Smart (drums), Brian Haas (Keys). I am in there but alas it is only my name in the credits under "Designed By".

ah, my bad

i thought that's the band you were in, sorry, what's your band's name? dammit, it's right on the tip of my tongue, but i can't think of it :think: :think: :think:

i must say, that shot looks like ya, if you were posing for an artsy photo like that

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Cooter Brown said:
ah, my bad

i thought that's the band you were in, sorry, what's your band's name? dammit, it's right on the tip of my tongue, but i can't think of it :think: :think: :think:

i must say, that shot looks like ya, if you were posing for an artsy photo like that
I guess it kind of lookes like me.

The name of my band? Dude... I am not actively in a band right now... Our guitarist got hit by a Semi remember, he now plays his triptified groovy guitar in the sky :(

Oh wait, your thinking of Marcus Welby... thet project kind of withered and died, everyone but me and the main song writer moved away, and he just got married so he's busy and not playing very much right now.

Currently I have a few projects that pley from time to time, but not something seady and surely not on the level of JFJO, those guys are way over most musician's heads.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
If I knew nothing about the music, and saw your design work, I would heavily consider buying the CD based on the caliber of the design.

Very good work, wonderful rich colors, very simple design, beautiful motif.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
golgiaparatus said:
I guess it kind of lookes like me.

The name of my band? Dude... I am not actively in a band right now... Our guitarist got hit by a Semi remember, he now plays his triptified groovy guitar in the sky :(

Oh wait, your thinking of Marcus Welby... thet project kind of withered and died, everyone but me and the main song writer moved away, and he just got married so he's busy and not playing very much right now.

Currently I have a few projects that pley from time to time, but not something seady and surely not on the level of JFJO, those guys are way over most musician's heads.

Yeah, Marcus Welby was the one I was thinking of

sorry man, I didn't mean to bring this thread down by talking about sensitive subjects, my apologies

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
golgiaparatus said:
RS Dual Air (SID Race)... On its 3rd rebuild, I cant believe it hasnt totally broken on me yet. Rebound still works really well, too well if you turn it way up, and its still really smooth and plush, go figure.
Did you send it in to RS? I have a SID that lost all rebound control and it's sitting on the floor of my car. Goddam RS $hit.

-S.S.-

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
SkaredShtles said:
Did you send it in to RS? I have a SID that lost all rebound control and it's sitting on the floor of my car. Goddam RS $hit.

-S.S.-
No, it works great, my LBS rebuilds it for me usually. I'll take it in about once a year when it starts to squeak or make that squishy sound.

The rebound cntrol on my sid is really good, you can have it on immediate bounce back or make it so slow that it takes forever for the wheel to come back up.

J

JRB

Cooter Brown said:
cool golgi

that's you on the right side of the cover?

thought so :D

He looks like Michael Jackson if it is -

Edit - stupid linking.