Quantcast

Pivot DH bike

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Looks real nice and from my point of view a much better application of the DW link than the up and coming DHR.

I know DT wanted the new DHR to look like a DHR (and fair enough) but the loads must be much higher in the DHR guise than the Sunday guise. Of course Im not an engineer and this is pure e-spec but hey - wtf - its Friday 4.18 at work and I've just popped my first Peroni.

The links look a little to 'organic' for my tastes. Less curves, more straight.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
I love how you can open a thread on RM these days and know exactly what recycled jokes and half-arsed speculation the first dozen or so posts are going to be before you even read them.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I like it, but the picture on dirt seems a bit over saturated, just me who thinks that?
Either way it certainly looks more than capable

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Love it...low standover, straight full length seat tube, tight shock packaging for a low COG....and I agree that the longer links should make up for linkage/leverage issues seen in the prototype DWaDTDHR.

Would love to see the axle path on this one....diggin it...

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
wouldn't want to guesstimate but don't think there will be a need for reducer cups on it. Looks super raked out for sure

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Full Build looks sick.

Judging by how stiff the rear end on Pivot's Firebird is, the overall chassis stiffness on this bike should be pretty wild! Looks super responsive and snappy.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Not full length.
I see that now...it looks pretty long unless the pivot goes through the seattube, which would be kind of a downer, but not a big deal on a DH ride. At least the tube is nearly vertical, not kicked back like so many others.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
the more and more I look at it, the more I like it. It should be cheaper than (frame value) than the competition right? 2000 usd? Looks to be a lot lighter than the sunday. I wonder if it is more progressive and more active than the sunday was.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
Looks real nice and from my point of view a much better application of the DW link than the up and coming DHR.

I know DT wanted the new DHR to look like a DHR (and fair enough) but the loads must be much higher in the DHR guise than the Sunday guise. Of course Im not an engineer and this is pure e-spec but hey - wtf - its Friday 4.18 at work and I've just popped my first Peroni.

:rolleyes: DT wanted the new DHR to have good DH bike characteristics. including low COG. it's not about 'looking' like the previous DHR. it's about having a compact / low rear triangle, and a low-slung shock.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Full Build looks sick.

Judging by how stiff the rear end on Pivot's Firebird is, the overall chassis stiffness on this bike should be pretty wild! Looks super responsive and snappy.

Seems to be a theme with Chris' bikes. Both the Titus' I owned years ago had super stiff rear ends.

Nice looking bike.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Is the bottom of the downtube open? can you reach the compression adjusters?? Either way it's less than ideal eh?