Quantcast

Pivoting Teeter Totter

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
ok i'm helping to build an indoor mountain bike park and i've seen pics of a teeter totter that pivots in the center so the whole thing turns around 60 degrees. You ride up and as it falls it rotates to the side. I have a good idea on how to make it work but i wanted to see if anyone knows where the pics were on the site or if you have built on. Thanks for the help!

Ronny Grady

Monkey
Oct 20, 2003
Some people use counterweights, that set-up sucks.

Make one side of the fulcrum stationary and allow the other one to roll around a semi circle on a track. Then use two angled guides to force the teeter to pivot when it moves through the teeter action- you have to keep these greased up.

I had some pictures but I can't find them, you can search on pinkbike and there are some cool photos. here is a quick & ugly sketch:

Attachments

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Don't you just make the teeter totter with the pivot rod at an angle to the ground, say 20 degrees and then put a block on top of the pivot to make the riding surface level? That seems a lot simpler than having some guide post rubbing and binding up when you least want it too.

jedi

Chimp
Jul 8, 2004
hertford,uk
i put the pivot at about 30 degrees and made level with a block so it pivots left and down as you go over the apex.