Quantcast

places to ride around boone NC?

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Oh, I forgot that all the trails in NC are a secret. If I wasnt at work I could show you some trails in the area. Unfortunetely, thats not the case.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
its funny, I am all about keeping local spots to the locals but I am no grom no a wannabe. my PM works just as well as anyone elses.

I am here to race at sugar, I very rarely have time to freeride or meet locals but if this has been any glimpse into the attitudes of this area I am not sure if I want to ride around here.

I can assure you if you were to hit me up on the west coast I would be more that happy to hook you up with the pimp trails, even if you were a grom or wannabe.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
its funny, I am all about keeping local spots to the locals but I am no grom no a wannabe. my PM works just as well as anyone elses.

I am here to race at sugar, I very rarely have time to freeride or meet locals but if this has been any glimpse into the attitudes of this area I am not sure if I want to ride around here.

I can assure you if you were to hit me up on the west coast I would be more that happy to hook you up with the pimp trails, even if you were a grom or wannabe.
:clapping: I agree with ya. And dont let that little prick give you a bad impression of how we are here in NC. You asked a simple question and didnt deserve to be treated like a d!ck. You didnt ask anybody to post a map or directions to trails. That was total disrespect.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Man, look, I hope that Butt-Pirate, didnt give ya a bad impression. He seems to think he is part of some secret trail society? Jeff was serious when he said if we werent working we would show ya some of the goods. Everyone I have met since I have moved to NC, as far as Mnt biking goes, has been very friendly and we have got quite a tight group that we ride with regularly, besides Ass-Pirate, his additude sucks.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina

Dude glad you came out for the race. Boone has a few good spots to hit up but you really have to know where they are or know your way around the trails. You can get lost easy up there. If I had more time off before this weekends race I would be glad to show you some spots only about 20 mins from Sugar. But I am saving time off for other races and family time this year. 3 weeks off only goes so far. I plan on coming up Friday for DS and stay through till Sunday to race DH. I still have to find a place to stay (Floor Space) for the race but will be there anyway. Say hey if you see me rolling around on a Blue and white Glory or Black and Gray Trance 4X bike.

Cecil

gonefirefightin

free wieners
its all good, got a few hookups and directions, I will be hitting the spots all through the week. if you see me and a handful of pros in the area be sure and stop us and say hi. i will bring swag in the truck for ya.

except for t pirate. good luck with your social skills, and may your huffy last forever

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Oh, I forgot that all the trails in NC are a secret.
you rebel! :D :cheers: :thumb: :shakefist: :rockout:

i can't help but to chuckle when i observe all of this "my secret trail" garbage. reminds me of riding and surfing in san diego/OC back in the day and the "locals only" attitude that you have to break through.
you don't happen to be from socal do you gonefirefightin? if so, remember the snafu that was anderson truck trail in alpine? now that's a trail use issue w/ that crazed landowner.
i can understand the reasoning behind keeping secret trails secret that you personally cut and maintain but for legal and super fun DH trails such as the wilsons creek trails, there's no reason not to spread the love. with my schedule, i've only been able to make it out there once and jeffkill and crew were more than eager to show me around just as i am when folks come to visit my local "secret" trails :rolleyes:

so, i guess i'm apologizing for any bad PR you might get 'round here and hope you have a great time this week! see you at the race..i'll be the one in the royal racing "cycletherapy" jersey with "tubby" on the back; probably pushing my son up the DS track over and over again since i'm not racing this year. introduce yourself if you see me :cheers:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
its all good, got a few hookups and directions, I will be hitting the spots all through the week. if you see me and a handful of pros in the area be sure and stop us and say hi. i will bring swag in the truck for ya.

except for t pirate. good luck with your social skills, and may your huffy last forever
I'll chime in. T-Pirate is a good guy with very good intentions. Access issues in NC are way worse than on the West Coast brother. I can't blame him for being greedy. Don't judge...you'll like the guy.
One of everybody's fav trails got shut down within a few months of people posting on bike forums that you could shuttle it several years back is all. It went from low traffic to mass traffic and shut down in 1 season.

Don't mistake a man's typing skills with his personal skills. T-Pirate is 100% a good guy, period. :banana:

Anyway, I'm up there tomorrow practicing, I think 2-5pm...Semi Pro/Pro practice. Keep an eye out for me. Solid grey NoFear kit, brown 07 Sunday w/ 08 DH 40 & I9 wheels. My name BUTCH will be on my jersey and on my bike. If you see me introduce yourself.

How can I spot you?

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
My point is, his attitude sucks. There was NO need to reply to his original post like that. And Im sick of this stupid topic coming up repeatedly because of dumb sh!t like this. The guy didnt ask for directions or a map to be posted, nor have we ever or will we ever do that. Nothing we've ever posted on here has ever contributed to any trails being closed. But I've already stated this multiple times, Its like talking to a fvcking brick wall.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
My point is, his attitude sucks. There was NO need to reply to his original post like that. And Im sick of this stupid topic coming up repeatedly because of dumb sh!t like this. The guy didnt ask for directions or a map to be posted, nor have we ever or will we ever do that. Nothing we've ever posted on here has ever contributed to any trails being closed. But I've already stated this multiple times, Its like talking to a fvcking brick wall.
And yet you still respond and yell and scream into the e-void...:busted:

Oh, anyone need a ride for Semi-Pro DH tomorrow? I'm leaving Asheville at 12 and packing up at around 5:30 or so.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
And yet you still respond and yell and scream into the e-void...:busted:
Go look at the last thread where that subject came up and tell me if you see my name a$$hole. I've been staying out of the whole arguement. But when your little buddy butt pirate treats someone like a complete dick just for asking aout trails in NC, I had something to say about it. Im sick of little fvcks who wanna sit behind their keyboard and run their mouth, only to more than likely kiss your a$$ when they meet you in person. And maybe if butt pirate wasnt so busy giving you reach arounds, he'd be able to free up his hands for a minute and reply for himself.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Go look at the last thread where that subject came up and tell me if you see my name a$$hole. I've been staying out of the whole arguement. But when your little buddy butt pirate treats someone like a complete dick just for asking aout trails in NC, I had something to say about it. Im sick of little fvcks who wanna sit behind their keyboard and run their mouth, only to more than likely kiss your a$$ when they meet you in person. And maybe if butt pirate wasnt so busy giving you reach arounds, he'd be able to free up his hands for a minute and reply for himself.
That's big talk boy. Insinuating you want to fight really makes me happy. Cuss me to my face...don't type it big bad man. Pissing contest.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Where in that post did he say anything or "insinuate" anything about fighting? And believe me Butch you better just quit while you are ahead.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
That's big talk boy. Insinuating you want to fight really makes me happy. Cuss me to my face...don't type it big bad man. Pissing contest.
Where in my post did I insinuate that I wanted to fight you?? You're too funny man. If thats what you want, I have no problem with that. Im not the one that sits here starting sh!t with peope on here constantly. I called your little buddy out on an a$$hole move and you didnt like it. Too bad.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Where in that post did he say anything or "insinuate" anything about fighting? And believe me Butch you better just quit while you are ahead.
so when was the last time a guy called you an a-hole and insinuated you were a fag and you just got all happy about it? I don't like people talking hate on here. Jeffkill is always raging and yelling at people on here and it's a load of crap. If he says stuff like that in person to people, he might get punched or he might get somebody who walks away b/c they're intimidated by him.

Is that what it is? He's a "big" guy so he thinks it's OK to get pissed and shout and cuss people online, maybe degrade them and call them a-holes b/c he's used to bullying them around in person?
Immature.

I won't be intimidated online or in person. Bully's belong in 3rd grade.:disgust1:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Butch --

Seriously...if there's one guy on all of RM that you DON'T want to pick a fight with it's Jeffkill. Since I tend to like it better when people get along, I would suggest that you let sleeping dogs lie and step down from this one. Even though there was a little flaming going on in this thread, no one is bullying anyone.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
so when was the last time a guy called you an a-hole and insinuated you were a fag and you just got all happy about it? I don't like people talking hate on here. Jeffkill is always raging and yelling at people on here and it's a load of crap. If he says stuff like that in person to people, he might get punched or he might get somebody who walks away b/c they're intimidated by him.

Is that what it is? He's a "big" guy so he thinks it's OK to get pissed and shout and cuss people online, maybe degrade them and call them a-holes b/c he's used to bullying them around in person?
Immature.

I won't be intimidated online or in person. Bully's belong in 3rd grade.:disgust1:
You're so full of sh!t that I think its messing with your vision there Butch. Go look at all of my posts on here. Tell me who all I have "yelled" at other than you and t-pirate after that crap he pulled yesterday. And the only other time I can remember even saying anything like that to you was when you posted a blatant lie about me. So you deserved it. You started sh!t so you got sh!t back.

And now I bully people around?? Common man, you can make up as much crap about me as you want, doesnt mean its true. You ask anyone around that I ride with how easy I am to get along with.

So common Butch, dig up all the posts where Im yelling at people and trying to intimidate them. Lets see the proof buddy.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Really man you are one to be talking about other people running their mouths on line. Every one that looks at Ride Monkey in the south knows your reputation as a **** starter. Why dont you just mind your own bussiness. Or just keep fvcking with my brother and see what happens.

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
Sides Jeffkill aint all that big, kinda small and funny lookin realy but he's a hell of a guy and a great rider. Maybe if he'd put his name on the back of his jersey he'd get more respect, but I doubt it cause that's fvckin gay anyways.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Sides Jeffkill aint all that big, kinda small and funny lookin realy but he's a hell of a guy and a great rider. Maybe if he'd put his name on the back of his jersey he'd get more respect, but I doubt it cause that's fvckin gay anyways.
hahaha....We resolved all the crap through pm's. Good job stirrin the pot though Basher :thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
just consider it a target. If you can catch the name...you can play the game. hah hah!!!:busted: Just kidding..had to play the "moto" pun!

What can I say? I grew up riding motocross. If you didn't want to be called "#69...guy on the KX 125" by the track announcer...you put your name on.

And besides, me, Jeremy, Matt, Tyler, Cecil and Thacker all had the same bike and jersey at one point in time. It was a neccesity. :thumb: If it would make you love me, I'd wear all black, labelless clothing with holes in it and rattle can my frame? whatta ya say?

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
T-Pirate
Smokin on that dank bud strand
I posted on this sh!t
now it's way outta hand
Seems like I've created a monster and it's eatin you alive
so much for the chill high country vibe
you dudes be trippin like mario
After a mushroom snack
Hataz wana talk sh!t
Boone's got my back
So continue with the pissin contest
that started while I wasn't here
While you were venting your anger through the keyboard
I was crackin another beer
Apparently I'm a butt pirate
And I will steal your booty
But if jeffkill tries it, hide your ass (he's kinda fruity)
at that I rest my case
Maybe I'll see ya face to face
Cause I'm sure we'll all be gettin krunk
this weekend at the Sugar Race

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
T-Pirate
Smokin on that dank bud strand
I posted on this sh!t
now it's way outta hand
Seems like I've created a monster and it's eatin you alive
so much for the chill high country vibe
you dudes be trippin like mario
After a mushroom snack
Hataz wana talk sh!t
Boone's got my back
So continue with the pissin contest
that started while I wasn't here
While you were venting your anger through the keyboard
I was crackin another beer
Apparently I'm a butt pirate
And I will steal your booty
But if jeffkill tries it, hide your ass (he's kinda fruity)
at that I rest my case
Maybe I'll see ya face to face
Cause I'm sure we'll all be gettin krunk
this weekend at the Sugar Race
See now, just when I thought all the sh!t was over you had to post something retarded like that. I dont like you. Case in point. Thanx for proving what an ignorant little sh!t you are.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Man that just puts the icing on the cake. And believe me you wont see me at Sugar. Or any other race. Keep running your mouth, hope we see ya around.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Wow how started all this?
Originally Posted by gonefirefightin
anyone know of some spots near boone NC to ride. I am in town for race #6 of the NMBS and have some time to burn before this weekend.

Butt-pirates response

There's not much...especially that you're gonna find on here.

I aint sayin sh1t

Just incase you really didnt know how this sh!t got started. And for anyone just joining, so they can get the same warm fuzzy fealling we got from Ass-pirate.

ROB your still down for this Saturday?

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
just consider it a target. If you can catch the name...you can play the game. hah hah!!!:busted: Just kidding..had to play the "moto" pun!

What can I say? I grew up riding motocross. If you didn't want to be called "#69...guy on the KX 125" by the track announcer...you put your name on.

And besides, me, Jeremy, Matt, Tyler, Cecil and Thacker all had the same bike and jersey at one point in time. It was a neccesity. :thumb: If it would make you love me, I'd wear all black, labelless clothing with holes in it and rattle can my frame? whatta ya say?
Don't forget the cards in the spokes. Aint gonna make it to Sugar but I'll be posin at Wolf Laurel on my freeride rig so see uins there. Hey firefightin guy hope you find some of the gems around here, most people just can't get up there and ride during the week.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Don't forget the cards in the spokes. Aint gonna make it to Sugar but I'll be posin at Wolf Laurel on my freeride rig so see uins there. Hey firefightin guy hope you find some of the gems around here, most people just can't get up there and ride during the week.
won't they revoke your membership if you show up for anything timed, insured, organized and/or fee based?

:banana:

But seriously, it might suck for riders to throw money at ski resorts come race time, but in the big picture it can help to inspire the resort to pursue a park program.

So props to you for supporting the cause at Wolf.

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
don't worry about the trails around boone, the brappalachian trailbuilding society has currently closed them due to heavy rains with more heavy rain in the forecast... if you do want a good ride, check out abington virginia....there's a fun trail up there that's a hour long dh pretty much and they have a shuttle that you can run to the top, granted it's not as tech as sugar but is super pinner. i think the shuttle starts out of damascus and is 15 dollars. to get there take 421 west out of boone to mountain city, turn right on north church st. in mt. city (highway 91) and follow it straight into damascus, the shop with the shuttle is on the left as you go through town, can't miss it!

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
U talkin about the creeper trail? I've never ridin it but have heard it's a good family thing cause it's only stlightly DH. I've been up through there on my motorbike and there was a sh!t ton of peeple riding cruisers down it. Point it I doubt it would be a good trail to rip down cause of all the youngins and families up there and it's not very steep. I'd head towards Wilsons.