Quantcast

placesss to ride!!!!

stinkyrider

Chimp
Feb 12, 2005
i need places to ride. i just moved to placerville about 6 months ago from OC. and i didnt get enough riding to find any good spots last season. so im willing to drive about an hour, i want some good dh trails, doesnt matter if i have to pedal up. some trails with jumps and drops .. etc. any suggestions??

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Auburns within an hours drive, I believe. At least, it was that one time I tried to get to sly park, found it snowed out, and took some road through placerville to get to auburn for a few rides.

I have a feeling you've got a pretty decent low-down on the trails in sly park. I hear they have some good hidden trails around / alongside the lake loop. I haven't put in the time to find any, but I'll probably hike around once it stops being snowy and lame.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
i'm convinced it will never ever stop snowing. i was mad at the world to wake up to another snowy morning.

are there really secret trails at sly park? i've only done the xc loop.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
amydalayna said:
i'm convinced it will never ever stop snowing. i was mad at the world to wake up to another snowy morning.

are there really secret trails at sly park? i've only done the xc loop.
nahhhh, there aint no secret trails...

Mar 10, 2005
I've <i>heard</i> of a few that branch off of the xc loop. I work at a REI, and I was talking to a local about that. He dropped the trail name "super secret" and mentioned something about the south cove? Whatever.

When I go search for it, I'll probably make a short detour to golden spoke, the bike shop.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
morethanjake543 said:
I've <i>heard</i> of a few that branch off of the xc loop. I work at a REI, and I was talking to a local about that. He dropped the trail name "super secret" and mentioned something about the south cove? Whatever.

When I go search for it, I'll probably make a short detour to golden spoke, the bike shop.

What about in roseville area, I am moving there this summer? Which REI do you work at the Sac or Roseville store? And the loop around Sly Park you just talking the hiking/biking trail around the lake or is there another Trail. We go there every 4th of july but I never brought my bike due to family stuff.

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
i have been told about the trails in auburn. something about the clementine trail and the surrounding trails. they are even ridable right now from what i have heard. i might be going there this weekend or the next to investigate. but people say they have some nice DH and seriously technical single track.

Mar 10, 2005
beestiboy said:
What about in roseville area, I am moving there this summer? Which REI do you work at the Sac or Roseville store? And the loop around Sly Park you just talking the hiking/biking trail around the lake or is there another Trail. We go there every 4th of july but I never brought my bike due to family stuff.

I actually work at the folsom REI.

It's pretty sweet.

mtbikermark

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
Jackson, CA
dirtyfeet said:
planning a road trip up into humbolt, shasta, and lassen park regions, anyone got trail and/or camping recommendations they could hook me up with? any type would be great, but parks w/ both camping and good trails would be greater.
Wiskeytown in Redding has camping and great riding.