Quantcast

Plattekill DH Race#3 Info and Helmet Cam of the Course

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DcS60N6Q6Fo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DcS60N6Q6Fo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Race #3 of Plattekill Bike Park&#8217;s NYS Championship Downhill Series and Race #2 of Plattekill Bike Park&#8217;s NYS Championship Dual Slalom Series will take place Saturday July 25th and Sunday July 26th; 2009.The Downhill Race Track at the Park located in Roxbury, NY will start in the Classic Triple Chair side for this event.

The trail crew led by Delta House Racing worked overtime getting the downhill course ready to shred. The course features all of the great natural features that the Park offers, as well as a new section bulldozed this past week. Just up from the All new Dual Slalom Course, the DH track emerges from the woods into a steep off camber sweeping right hand turn back into the woods where you&#8217;ll be greeted by a series of bermed &#8220;S&#8221; turns, that leads to a new 20&#8217; step down jump. The Cat 2/3 track will be fun and fast with berms and kickers located along the way, the faster you go the harder it will get.

Here&#8217;s a link to a helmet cam video of this course.

Racers if your looking for valuable USAC ranking points The Plattekill Bike Parks Series is registered as a State Championship Series and will carry those extra points. Pro and Cat1 will compete for cash/medals while Cat2 and Cat3 racers will compete for prizes/medals at this USAC Sanctioned Event.

Plattekill Bike Park&#8217;s new Dual Slalom debuted last month was well received by racers and fans. The course contributed to a fun weekend with side by side racing that could be viewed from the deck. The course was built from input received from the racers, it features double bermed turns and multiple jumps. The best part of the course was pro&#8217;s to our youngest racer, 7 year old Matt Vajtay.found the course it challenging going big or fast just rolling all the jumps.

No need to pack a cold sandwich with these Specials, which include a $3.00 Deluxe Burger, a $3.50 Deluxe Cheese Burger or a $4.00 Chicken Breast Sandwich with macaroni salad. All the food is cooked outside on the deck. If you&#8217;re not racing there are still tons of trails to ride with the, &#8220;Ride for the Weekend Ticket still priced at $40.

In addition to its Race Day Clinics, Plattekill Bike Park will be hosting Three Mad March Racing Downhill Mountain Bike Camps this summer: Youth Camp, Freeride Camp and a Beginner Camp. Each camp is only $150 meets 4 Saturdays and includes 4 lift Passes!!!! The beginner camp includes lunch, a bike and equipment rental while the other camps offer a 50% Discount on Rentals.

Next up is the "Plattekill Mountain Challenge" race, the next XC event in the NYS MTB Series on Sunday, August 2. Event is open to all ages and abilities...come join us whether you're racing the series or not for a fun but challenging Cross Country Race! Beginners (Cat 3) - 1 lap, Sports (Cat 2) - 2 laps, Experts (Cat 1) and Pros - 3 laps. 1 lap = 6 miles. Preregistration is available at www.plattekill.com
Pre-reg entry for XC is $26; race-day entry is $35. Pre-reg is open until noon on Saturday Aug 1.

2009 Plattekill Bike Park Gravity Race Schedule
May 2-3 Race #1 DH
June 13-14 Race #2 DH&DS
July 25-26 Race #3 DH&DS
September 5-6 Race #4 DH&DS Double Points
September 19-20 Race #5 DH&DS
October 10-11 Race #6 DH&DS Gravity East Series Finals Race #11 DH&DS
October 24-25 Race #7 Series Finals Double Points

Plattekill Bike Park will be paying cash 3 deep -- $20 per racer entry in the Pro class and $10 per racer entry to all Cat1 classes. Payback will be given on the following percentage ratio basis; 55/30/15. Cat2 and Cat3 will receive sponsor-donated prizes as available. All classes will receive custom 2009 Plattekill Medals.
MORE CASH FOR ALL RACERS: On top of our cash payouts NEMA has partnered with us to pay CASH to the top three in ALL race classes through The NEMA Cash Contingency Program. The plan will pay pros $50/25/15 and Cat 1,2 & 3 will be paid $25/15/10 for those that wear a NEMA product and list them as a sponsor on our race entry sheet.
While upping the payouts ALL Race fees have been reduced to $70 for Pros, $60 for Cat1, while Cat2 & Cat3 Racers will pay only $45 !!!.
All race entries include a 2-day lift ticket.

Last edited:

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
that looks way awesome.... kind of wish i had not just seen that because I can't ride for at least another week or two.

great job with the race tracks this season:thumb:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
That is a long one, I like the Fraser jump at the end.

Work will be keeping me in crappy buffalo this weekend :mad:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Will try to make it from Boston. Anybody else going?

Is the Cat 2/3 course mostly the same or completely different? I have to get a podium in sport before I can race expert. Meh.

E. Fleming

Chimp
Sep 25, 2001
NYC
...these Specials, which include a $3.00 Deluxe Burger, a $3.50 Deluxe Burger....
whats the difference between the $3.00 deluxe burger and the $3.50 deluxe burger???

thats the real question the DH community should be asking this weekend.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
who do you want me to give your wheel to?

Give it to Noodles or Cookiedough. I will also be at Whiteface a couple times in August before we leave. Probably will make it platty one more time too.

Our moving date keeps getting pushed back in case we can't get jobs right away.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Give it to Noodles or Cookiedough. I will also be at Whiteface a couple times in August before we leave. Probably will make it platty one more time too.

Our moving date keeps getting pushed back in case we can't get jobs right away.
okay sounds good. im trying to go to the 5k at Whiteface, so maybe ill see ya there.

you guys find a place yet? or are you waiting till you find a job?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Where are you moving to?
Denver foothills or a ski area if I can convince my wife to work in the ski industry again :rant:

No place yet, no one will let us hold one for that long. Not worried there are tons of homes for rent out there. Just saving up the coin so we have a nice nest egg.

Cash for clunkers offiacially starts Friday so I have to be at work to assist in handing out free money to the leeches of society. I hope I make some good $$ myself or I'm gonna be pissed about missing Platty.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
So the kid and I are heading up to MSA for the World Cup, damn sorry we're going to miss this one. The course is one of our favorite ways down the mountain. We always ride it with visitors as it shows a lot of what Plattekill has to offer except drops. If you like turns and steep chutes this one is for you. Have Fun

and Eric the answer is CHEESE :dance:

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
So the kid and I are heading up to MSA for the World Cup, damn sorry we're going to miss this one. The course is one of our favorite ways down the mountain. We always ride it with visitors as it shows a lot of what Plattekill has to offer except drops. If you like turns and steep chutes this one is for you. Have Fun
Good luck at MSA

Platty looks like the place to race this weekend!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

and Eric the answer is CHEESE :dance:
good luck up there. hope the kid kicks ass and takes names

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Now this is my kind of DH riding - I'll take this over groomed trails any day.

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
I'll be racing sport up here. Is the sport course down "Fun Run" (I think that's the trail with all the little jump) as it has been in the past?

Thanks
Tom

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'll be racing sport up here. Is the sport course down "Fun Run" (I think that's the trail with all the little jump) as it has been in the past?

Thanks
Tom
There is an alternate "fun run" on the triple chair side that's mostly flat and very rocky, with a lot of rock kickers in the woods. I'm willing to bet it'll be down that. Not sure where it would go from there, though, as hardcore and a few other lead away from the end.

The expert course looks awesome though.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
There is an alternate "fun run" on the triple chair side that's mostly flat and very rocky, with a lot of rock kickers in the woods. I'm willing to bet it'll be down that. Not sure where it would go from there, though, as hardcore and a few other lead away from the end.

The expert course looks awesome though.
Yeah, not sure what the middle section would be then. There's a section at the bottom marked "sport" that kicks out under the chair, but Hardcore is the only way I've ever connected them.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Don't know about that exactly, but at the end of the triple chair fun run, you can go further past the exit into hardcore and back into the woods. It's a bit past "sport" and verges on "expert" territory, but it's not too hard either. That cuts back to the right finally and lets you out below hardcore. Either that or down the ski run, I'm guessing.

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
Sweet! Yeah...instead of heading down hardcore you veer left just along the ski trail and it will take you down to that long straight run down a different ski trail (or is it an access road?).

Tom

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sweet! Yeah...instead of heading down hardcore you veer left just along the ski trail and it will take you down to that long straight run down a different ski trail (or is it an access road?).

Tom
It will run one of two ways I'm guessing. After the fun run, there's the fast section that I'm guessing is an old access road of sorts. From there there's 2 options, A sharp cut to the left down another section of access road to lower sizzler, or keep going straight and cut into a sorta steep section with like 5 rocks and some weird sapling stump right in the middle of it (this was used for the first race course).