Quantcast

PLATTEKILL TRAILWORK/RIDE APRIL 18th-19th

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i got a bag full of headphones that ill be giving away in a raffle.

anyone who helps out on Saturday will get a chance to win a their choice of headphones.

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
We now have plenty of chain saws for delta house and Plattekill staff, so folks leave you saws at home. I will supply fuel for anyone who brings a leaf blower. weather looks real good
Thanx
Bunks

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
9 am sign in in the lodge, we'll break into groups, ride up to the top on the lift and clear trails working down the mountain, lunch then repeat in the afternoon.

Tools: gas powered leaf blowers, leaf and garden rakes, loppers/hedge shears. I don't think we need shovels as we'll be on the triple chair (sun and shale) and like Bunkers said we have more than enough chainsaws, leave them at home.

I hear we're gonna have some veggie burgers to go along with the rest of the BBQ and I even read something somewhere about beer.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There was a SNAFU this weekend and I do not yet possess the proper pyrotechnics. I need to figure out a time before Friday to remedy this situation.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Man, if I wasn't going to the Bruins playoff game, I'd be all over this.

At least I'll be drinking as much as you guys this weekend

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I hear we're gonna have some veggie burgers to go along with the rest of the BBQ
I'm bringing veggie burgers. If anyone else wants some I can bring extra.

Somehow I feel like I'm not gonna have any takers, haha.

Should be a great weekend, with or without fireworks.

116CJ

Chimp
Jul 1, 2008
SLC
Thanks for having this, me and my dogs had a good time... Even though my lab pissed on me last night. He was the first to hit the road gap so that makes up for it.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i took some shots during the weekend, but was having too much fun riding Sunday to take anything worth while.
awesome weather, awesome trail conditions!
the new Pro/Exp course that we tuned up is looking fast!

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
As others have said, yes, that was an awesome weekend.

That pro/expert section was fun as hell. You're talking about the part that splits into pro/expert and sport, right? Off the double side?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
That pro/expert section was fun as hell. You're talking about the part that splits into pro/expert and sport, right? Off the double side?
no, the course for the race in two weeks is on the triple side. it goes down most of Da Bomb. the beg/sport course is going to be down the Fun Run if im not mistaken.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
no, the course for the race in two weeks is on the triple side. it goes down most of Da Bomb. the beg/sport course is going to be down the Fun Run if im not mistaken.
Gotcha. The section I'm thinking of must be from an older course. Both new and old were awesome though. Stoked to ride there again this season.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
HUGE THANKS to all who came out !!!!! Management was so stoked with the amount of work done, they threw everyone a free voucher in addition to the free riding on Sunday and free lunch on Saturday.

BIG thanks goes out to BUNKERCHUCKS who organized everything and DELTA HOUSE the after work pparty and BBQ and for getting me so wasted, I forgot everything after 7pm. It's great to have a chauffeur these days.

Now let's see some pics, I was too busy to take any.

dap

Chimp
Jul 25, 2006
Central, NY
well 57+ does fall into the 55+ category too :busted:

thanks for coming out. you got a voucher right?
LOL but 57 looks bettah! And thats a negatory on the voucher... all good, I never mind helping Laz out; he has always been very good to us riders! Plus I dont deserve it for being there only a few hours... I think we spent more time trying to load those 4wheel thingies than working... j/k the warm up trail was complete even though we need more dirt on the jumps bob/tom (and others) put in last year!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
BIG thanks goes out to BUNKERCHUCKS who organized everything and DELTA HOUSE the after work pparty and BBQ and for getting me so wasted, I forgot everything after 7pm. It's great to have a chauffeur these days.
Your chauffeur was in a tree at Delta House at one point. Not sure if you remember that part. :busted: