Quantcast

Playing Hookey to ride Soapstone.

splat

Nam I am
What a day! was a perfect day for riding . so Me , IAB, MBC and QuoFan hit up Soapstone Mt today . ( TonyHawk and MMcG had to bail )

but first it was the maiden voyage for MtBikerChick's new Bike

so With out further ado I present
MtBikerChick and her new Moto Lite

Now onto riding .

We tookj a silightly different route in today that we usually do. and found some fn down hils and a few long loose fire road climbs

MBC on some rock

IAB on some more rock

MBC on a Rocky pave

Another Pave a little farther down

Roll baboon

QuoFan

IAB on a bridge

QuoFan same bridge

QuoFan JRA on our hunt for he tower

IAB Says How ya doing !

WAll Ride

to the tower .... rupunzel .. rupenzel .... ( OK MBC what Movie ?? )

From the tower

QuoFan

IAB from right above in the tower

Todays Crew on the tower

Splat , I Are Baboon , MtBikerChk , and QuoFan

found this off to the side. for over building the end support , they should have put more thought into teh bridge it self , was very flexy

QuoFan Rolling

IAB rolling ( this was soooo Smooooooth )

Flying Baboon

Again

QuoFan just before we exited the woods .

MBC its OK , were almost out !!

was Great ride 4 1/2 hours, then went and got some tasty burgers !

splat said:
to the tower .... rupunzel .. rupenzel .... ( OK MBC what Movie ?? )
Easy, Airplane!

Now our pics:

Packing the car :)

Splat sporting his Kingdom Trails jersey going UP!

Quo Fan going down - same rock

Me just puttering along

Today people were all about going UP stuff

Not me though - climbing still sucks no matter what bike you're on

Rock with a little skinny after it

When you play hooky from work, you gotta expect an emergency call or two

Those are our best pics of the day.

My review:

Like I said - climbing still sucks - but the downhills are SO much more fun :) I spent less time looking for good lines and more time just bombing through the rock gardens. I'm still trying to find my "center" on the bike - but it feels SO much better than the blur. Having a fit session was the best thing I did :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HOORAY PICS!!

Man, what a great ride today. :) What'd we do, about 14 miles? Sweeeeet. It was nice to learn our way around Soapstone a little better too.

I actually still have some juice left in my tank for my hockey game tonight. :help:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Wow! Nice. Nice skinny riding all you Monkeys. Did splat make that one up?

Your bike looks sweet MBC.

At least my phone interview went well. Hopefully I'll get the job cuz I missed a helluva fun looking ride for it.

Good stuff!!!

MBC did you ride the bike in 5 and 5 mode? Also did you lower the Talas at all during the ride?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Is more travel more betterer??

And No on dialing the Talas down?

the setback post worked out well?

I think that bike is screamin for a straight black Thomson :wink: :wink: :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just got back from playing hockey (8-1 win), but all I can think about was this ride. :) Good times, good times.

We missed you today Mark, but it's good to hear your interview went well. :thumb:

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
looks like another good ride..dam that Titus looks sweeeet....When you look from the tower and see the couple hills to your right...That is where we were riding Friday night....We found some nice single track there that does not look like it has even been ridden on this year.??..did you guys do the complete circle that you missed last time or a whole diff. loop?

splat

Nam I am
ktmsx said:
looks like another good ride..dam that Titus looks sweeeet....When you look from the tower and see the couple hills to your right...That is where we were riding Friday night....We found some nice single track there that does not look like it has even been ridden on this year.??..did you guys do the complete circle that you missed last time or a whole diff. loop?
Some the same, some Different we were on a quest to find the Dam Tower! and then discovered we had been close to it the whole time but went the wrong way!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
Some the same, some Different we were on a quest to find the Dam Tower! and then discovered we had been close to it the whole time but went the wrong way!
That's what you all get for following MY sense of direction. :clue: