Quantcast

Please allow me to present Sexy Thong Panties...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
I don't know why Giant chose that name, but whatever. It wheelies nice and should be fun. I need a different saddle, but that can wait a bit. Here's the run down.

05 STP 2 frame
05 Pike SL (thanks Burly)
RF Turbine LPs with granny tabs ground off
Singletracks on Formula front/Ritchey cheapy rear (I will likely run my Loco wheels after Wumpus gets his wheel back from DT(Send your wheel to DT, Wumpus :D))
XT rear pod/Ultegra short cage rear/Ultegra 12/27
Truvativ Box Guide with homemade adapter and pulley
FSA FR 230 stem/FR 330 bars
Thomson post
Performance Stomp platforms
FSA headset
Hayes HFX Mags 8" front 6" rear (will likely swap front to 6" as well as this rotor is bent)
Oury grips
I guess that covers it. I think I will sell the Roscoe, or maybe build a single speed, but I don't think it's too small for me to try to do that with. This bike is about an inch longer in the TT and a little shorter in the wheel base. It is going to be nice. It does feel whacky at 120 mm, so it will likely stay tuned to 100mm. Sorry about the flash with the reflector saddle and fork. I tried without and those really sucked.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
You're one of "those" guys huh? Always building another ride? That's a cool enough hobby in itself.
Right now, I dont actually even own a MTB, its a wierd feeling. I was so stoked about the SC Chameleon, but after diggin deeper, my heart is now set on a Cove Handjob.
Basically the same geometry, only the Cove is steel, which is important to me. So I cancelled my Chameleon and am trying to locate a cove. Nothing worse than getting something thats not EXACTLY what you want...

I want my next bike to last me 5 years. Seriously.

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
BurlyShirley said:
You're one of "those" guys huh? Always building another ride? That's a cool enough hobby in itself.
Right now, I dont actually even own a MTB, its a wierd feeling. I was so stoked about the SC Chameleon, but after diggin deeper, my heart is now set on a Cove Handjob.
Basically the same geometry, only the Cove is steel, which is important to me. So I cancelled my Chameleon and am trying to locate a cove. Nothing worse than getting something thats not EXACTLY what you want...

I understand that. I am really diggin' the Reign for a trail bike, but I enjoy tooling aroung urban on a HT too. I don't have much for skills, so I am hoping the urban bike will help. I went to a place with some DJs, and I definitely need to build some small ones to learn on. I don't plan to be huge like Tpirate and what not, but wouldn't mind gaining a little style. This bike is just gonna be fun. I do become discontent often, so I get new stuff. It's usually just frames. My Reign is built with a drive train that is a couple of years old. I am hoping to dig these, as I need to pay down some debt.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Honestly man, the BEST thing you can do for your MTB skills is just playing around on stairs, steps, ledges, loading docks. Etc. Mainly because nothing you encounter on the trail will be so sharp or extreme in terms of how it juts out of the landscape. I can easily ride over logs the size of coffee tables just because I played around so much urban when I lived in Hawaii. I recommend spending alot of time trying to learn some basic trials stuff too. It will help you out immensely.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
maxyedor said:
Burly the Cove's are sweet frames, and it will last your 5 year timeframe, they are just hard to find here in the USofA
Oh man, I know.

I contacted Adrenaline bikes today, and they said they've been backorderd for a while. So I contacted COVE directly this morning, and they say they have a full stock of the frames, and that BTI carries them as well.

So I call my shop to check if BTI has any in stock, and they do not, but Cove says they should, so I dunno. Gotta call BTI monday and see what the deal is. Fingers crossed.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Yep thats how it works. I used to work at Adrenaline, and the reason that they are backordered is that they get them from BTI. I know that Cove builds plenty of bikes, but for some odd reson BTI seems to have never gotten any of them. Good luck on the search!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BurlyShirley said:
Oh man, I know.

I contacted Adrenaline bikes today, and they said they've been backorderd for a while. So I contacted COVE directly this morning, and they say they have a full stock of the frames, and that BTI carries them as well.

So I call my shop to check if BTI has any in stock, and they do not, but Cove says they should, so I dunno. Gotta call BTI monday and see what the deal is. Fingers crossed.
Maybe try asking Cove if they can sell directly, or know of any shops that do have the frame AND will ship to you. If you give them a good sob story they might take pity on you and sell direct.

The Handjob looks like a great frame. I have a G-Spot and it's awsome. Cove makes great bikes.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ciaran said:
Maybe try asking Cove if they can sell directly, or know of any shops that do have the frame AND will ship to you. If you give them a good sob story they might take pity on you and sell direct.

The Handjob looks like a great frame. I have a G-Spot and it's awsome. Cove makes great bikes.

Man I asked and the guy wouldnt do it. If somebody knows a guy who knows a guy, Id love to buy a frame today.

EDIT: Hey, does anyone know of a Canadian onlin mailorder place that will ship to me?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
BurlyShirley said:

You sell teh bullit?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
chicodude said:
Too bad......That bike was neato....
The bike was a good bike, just not a good fit for me like I thought it would be.
Im in the process of trying to simplify everything. Including my hobbies

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Ciaran said:

Yeah I have a hummer frame from cove... It rocks!!
The hummer is pretty much the same geometry as the Handjob, excellent climber and still quick on descents and technical section. :thumb: :trophy_br :agree:

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
splat said:
but the ride makes the ride more enjoyable , does it not ?
It depends upon which ride is chosen for which ride.

The original comment is aimed at the "bikes as jewelry" crowd and/or the crowd of folks that are, or seem to be, more wrapped up in their equipment rather than riding.

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
justsomeguy said:

The original comment is aimed at the "bikes as jewelry" crowd and/or the crowd of folks that are, or seem to be, more wrapped up in their equipment rather than riding.
Hey Pete, it's not like you don't ride the top line equipement. When you have a station wagon and a 7 year old FSR, check back then. Until then, why don't you keep your double standards and hypocrisy to yourself.

*I really can't believe someone disapproved of this thread. :nonono:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
justsomeguy said:

Wow. You're an ass too. A guy shows off his new bike and all you have to say is something negative? **** off.

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
justsomeguy said:
My bad.

Tacky Wilsonart makes baby jesus cry almost as much as Formica.

Time for yet another name change oh so fragile one?
I hope you got a post card so you'll know where to visit Clean when your done here.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
pepe said:
Hey Pete, it's not like you don't ride the top line equipement. When you have a station wagon and a 7 year old FSR, check back then. Until then, why don't you keep your double standards and hypocrisy to yourself.

*I really can't believe someone disapproved of this thread. :nonono:
There's no hypoicrisy.

It's about generic pictures of a bike in a static environment. It's just about as far from the joy of riding as possible.

Yawn.

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
BurlyShirley said:
Wow. You're an ass too. A guy shows off his new bike and all you have to say is something negative? **** off.
As gay as I feel doing it, I reported him. He is no different than Mr Clean. Just wears gheyer looking clothes when he rides.

I can't believe a guy that tiled his garage floor is commenting on jewelry of any sort.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
Too many pain killers, eh?

"Showing off" a new bike vs. riding a bike

Can you understand the difference?

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
justsomeguy said:
There's no hypoicrisy.

It's about generic pictures of a bike in a static environment. It's just about as far from the joy of riding as possible.

Yawn.
Yeah - well, not all of us are so enamored with ourselve that we video our rides and post them all so we become some sort of self made icon. Talk about boring.

splat

Nam I am
justsomeguy said:

I know what you ment but I was enjoying the double entendre and having some fun with it.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
justsomeguy said:
Too many pain killers, eh?

"Showing off" a new bike vs. riding a bike

Can you understand the difference?
Can you understand what it means not to be an ass all the time? The guy just finished building a bike and posted pics of it? WTF is wrong with that?
Dont bother answering, because you already know you're just being an ass. You could save your self alot of annoyance by simply not coming here if you're so against what people post.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
pepe said:
I hope you got a post card so you'll know where to visit Clean when your done here.
You don't even realize how pathetic you are. That's funny.

Yeah, report me, whine about someone who repeatedly makes you look like a complete idiot (not like that's hard, or there aren't dozens of folks who do that without any effort).

pepe said:
I can't believe a guy that tiled his garage floor is commenting on jewelry of any sort.
Apples and oranges fruit cake. Not that I expect you to understand the difference (given your posting history, etc. , etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.