Quantcast

Please Help: Hit This Website

likestocrash

Chimp
Dec 4, 2008
My name's Joe Stewart. I started a thread on MTBR back in July (it's still stickied at the top). The City of San Diego popped me for building ridiculous trail.

Meanwhile, I'm as as good as fu*#d. Please tell all your friends to hit the website I just published. It's got legitimate info and a PayPal fund for support.

justwannaride.org

Thank you!

Joe Stewart

joedirtstewart@yahoo.com

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
You couldn't find a lawyer that was willing to help fight this? State people "just doing their job" never seem to care if you're honest or have good intentions. I dealt with code enforcement people when I had a marketing job, the ones I worked with were some of the most ignorant cowboys ever.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dude that's pretty whack. You're trying to be compliant and the city is trying to fvck you at every corner. You think they would have better ways to spend their time, like the illegal immigration problems. But no, they wanna stick it to a couple of kids who are doing something constructive with their spare time instead of wasting time playing video games, getting drunk, doing drugs, etc.

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
on mention of the aboved doing drugs/drinking... I would have to say most of the younger biking community sees trails/skate parks/riding with buddies as an "out" from the homelife to get the time to do all of the said things. This is what I've witnessed at my local trails and parks... and others as well. just my .02cents.

newrider3

Monkey
Oct 13, 2007
Colorado
sees trails/skate parks/riding with buddies as an "out" from the homelife to get the time to do all of the said things.
...Which is what pisses me off to no end. If you're going riding, then let's ride. You can fvck off if you're just coming so you can sit on the ledge at the park and smoke, or come to the trails and trash the place drinking and smokin fattys. That crap is what gets spots attention from the authorities, and in turn labels us all as dirty troublemakers and gets **** plowed.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
such a shame to hear.such bull****. mayb a stupid question. couldnt u have just not tried to approve construction? or what happens if they bill u 250,000-do u go to jail? are u still a minor? What was the cost of the "damage" you caused? could you just pay that-or just remove the jumps?