Benton

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
SLC

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Hate to be captain obvious here but unfortunately (eerrrrrrr....fortunately) there are proper channels to go through when building a DH trail. Just going out and doing it generally isn't the best way.

Your only real recourse would be to send a representative of your group to meet with the FS. Sending a bunch of emails from the RM hot-heads isn't going to go over very well.

Benton

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
SLC
Hate to be captain obvious here but unfortunately (eerrrrrrr....fortunately) there are proper channels to go through when building a DH trail. Just going out and doing it generally isn't the best way.

Your only real recourse would be to send a representative of your group to meet with the FS. Sending a bunch of emails from the RM hot-heads isn't going to go over very well.
Totally agree. I didn't build it, I just ride it. I donate most of my trail building time to legal trails like the one in Draper, but the trail has been in existence for the past 10+ years, and to have them decide all of the sudden to destroy it seems rash and counter-productive. The local IMBA and WAFTA organizations are organizing formal responses, but I do think flooding the FS with input from people will help. They get a sea of crazies complaining and foaming at the mouth and then they get a nice civil organized response and offers of help from IMBA and WAFTA.

The problem is there are so few legal venues for trails that "illegal" activity will continue. The FS should be grandfathering this trail into a "legal" status.