Quantcast

pleney morzine

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
heard some rumors about the main line was destroyed ...
is that true ?
anyone knows?

thanks

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
Just heard from Jason Marsh that "someone driven a digger down main line, flattening everything it their path" …do you know if they are going to fix that for the season opening ?

Thanks

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Trail builders in this region are not exactly known for their trail building prowess.
They are enthusiastic, but seem as if they don't even ride bikes themselves. My theory is that riders design, but councils build...

Les Gets is a fine example of this. An amazing network of trails everywhere, but every corner and every jump is just plain retarded.

I haven't ridden the Pleney yet this season, but the general talk is that they have just driven a bulldozer down the main line making for a track that can be ridden on a road bike. Not exactly, but I'm sure you get the drift...

There are, however, loads of new tracks in the region (Portes du Soleil) and Morzine is still slap-bang in the center of it.

I'll have a run soon if I can and let you all know.

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
The main line was gash anyway. Half the fun of the Pleney hill was finding 'yet another' secret/private/unmarked trail. There must be 20+ different ways down that hillside, all of which are better than the main line.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
It's hard to believe :(
Pleney was one of my favorites... a track you could ride any time of the day :|
I hope they wil still manage to fix anything before we arrive...

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
-C-
you are right. the trails down the pleney mountain are great
and in the last time I was there I didnt ride the main line more that a few times.
but, for the first day in morzine... it is the best DH trail for getting back in sape :)

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
so, where shall we look for other trails, in case, main track doesn't exist, yet?

Last edited:

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
no loss, was more likely to go out of my way to avoid it this year than ride it (think I did one run last year).

The, not quiet so official, trails all over the rest of the hill are where it's at! Kovariks one from last year being the current favourite (mostly for being around 4 times wider than all the rest!)

kuniva

Chimp
Mar 11, 2009
eem, whats to destroy there really? The main line was just 35% open turns that did not contain any major jumps or anything and rest 65% of the track went thrue woods.

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
talked by email with Jill from http://www.ridersrefuge.co.uk

"Good afternoon Yossi,

Thank you for your enquiry to Riders Refuge.

I can assure you the Pleney has NOT been destroyed by a tractor, new trails have been put in including a new black with road gap and new green run, the main line is still the same as ever. New trails have been added in Les Gets and at the top of the super morzine cable car. See our blog here for more details http://www.ridersrefuge.co.uk/Morzine_MTB_Blog
"

it sounds good :)

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
I rode Le Pleney Last week its still there!, there's as much braking bumps on it as you would find in mid-season, basically no maintenance really. There's a few new trails most notably the one under the lift....Its in the open, I wouldn't be getting too excited about it...no trees, roots or rocks. Its steep at the start then .. its kinda boring.... My guess is that part of it will end up like the 10% (big holes and stuff) after a few weeks.

The secret unofficial tracks are where its at really.... they are really fun.

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
dont know if it is the place for it.... but...
where do you stay in morzine?
what do you get?
how much do you pay?....

I will be with my friends in chalet eira
this is my 4th time in morzine. 3rd time in this chalet.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
We will be from July 1st to 16th in chalet Avoreaz, few hundred meters to the left from Pleney lift (while you stand facing it).
We get 80 and 100m2 apartments for 1150 and 1300eur per 2 weeks. We will be about 15 ppl from Poland.
I hope to meet some monkeys there, who would show us some hidden trails in Morzine :)

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
we will be there from 14 to 24 of July
in chalet eira
we get big rooms
2 or 3 in a room
with breakfast and dinner
for 55 euro a night
this place has a pool table and a bar
plus a Ping-Pong table outside and a sauna and a hot tab

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Having food at home is nice feature, for sure.
We will be cooking on our own. Our entire trip cost about 625, including voyage, apartment, food, alcohol ;) lifts and even insurance

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
We are too stingy ;) to have the meal prepared ;)
So, maybe, if I PM you, saruti, you could explain me where Pleney hidden track are?

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
We will be from July 1st to 16th in chalet Avoreaz, few hundred meters to the left from Pleney lift (while you stand facing it).
We get 80 and 100m2 apartments for 1150 and 1300eur per 2 weeks. We will be about 15 ppl from Poland.
I hope to meet some monkeys there, who would show us some hidden trails in Morzine :)
That chalet's great! Stayed in it 2 years ago. Good sized balconys, garage, garden, american fridge with ice maker and a hot tub! The party's at your place this summer ;)

Can't remember what our place is called, but it's very, very close to the Plenty and the Cavern :)

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
I’ll be glad to show you the hidden trails :)
but you can find them by yourself.
just go slowly on the main line and look to the sides.
there are many entrances to the trails. (but some of them like the "ATM" are starting in other places)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I’ll be glad to show you the hidden trails :)
but you can find them by yourself.
just go slowly on the main line and look to the sides.
there are many entrances to the trails. (but some of them like the "ATM" are starting in other places)
Dont worry we will find them as long as frango doesnt use a map ;) Last year in ADH he mistook the end of an enduro trail with the begining and we hiked up ;)

Cant wait for it. It will probably make me ride like a pvssy for the next few days because I dont want to crash before the trip.

As for girls Polini will take care of that man so dont worry ;)