Quantcast

PNW at Sea Otter

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Here's a few photos from last week/weekend at Sea Otter. After driving 14 hours - Lars, Bibs and I rolled into Seattle around 7am this morning. We all had a blast! Can't wait to do it again next year. (Edit) I forgot to give Bibs credit - he took a lot of photos w/ my camera. Some of the ones shown are probably his.

Bibs clearing the double-log

Lars jumping the first ladder at the beginning of the course. Crazy stuff - they had 2 ladders on the DH race course.

Me (Loreto) dropping the second ladder around the middle of the course.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
A few others that made the trip down

Jack of Speed Metal

Shane Stacy

and Brian Barlett w/ his 5th Element right leg and all

...now it's time to go back to bed.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Cool pics! By any chance did you get any of me or Freak? We missed our race runs so I'm hoping you were out there during practice sometime.

Lost my rear brake after my first practice run Sun morning, and despite a valient effort by Freak, we couldn't get it fixed in time :(

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
That's why I didn't see you two. Had the camera ready and no Mr and Mrs Freak. I got a couple of you, but not J. I'm sure Michael got a bunch.

Mut

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
Renton, WA
Velocity Girl said:
Cool pics! By any chance did you get any of me or Freak? We missed our race runs so I'm hoping you were out there during practice sometime.

Lost my rear brake after my first practice run Sun morning, and despite a valient effort by Freak, we couldn't get it fixed in time :(
That sucks....sorry to hear! :mad:

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Five said:
That's why I didn't see you two. Had the camera ready and no Mr and Mrs Freak. I got a couple of you, but not J. I'm sure Michael got a bunch.
Hehe....with the wind poofing out my jersey and the baggy shorts my head looks all teeny tiny in that pic!

I was pretty bummed.....and especially because Freak sacrificed his race to try and get me up and running :heart:

It was such a fluke thing because I've seen Freak bleed brakes in a matter of minutes and get us back on the trail, not to mention we tried quite a few combinations.....rebleeding mine, Freaks whole setup (caliper, hose and lever), caliper from my hardtail, lever from my hardtail and then we just ran out of time. I was tempted to run without my brake, but the consequences of grabbing a handful of front brake are a little more severe than doing that with the rear...lol! With all that adrenaline pumping during a race run just didn't think I could trust myself to ride safe enough. Practice was still fun though...it felt good to finally hit the hip jump the second day of practice :D and it was fun seeing everyone and getting some sun so all in all still a good time!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Bullitrider said:
How'd you guys do?
In Downhill
I got a 8th in Sport 35-39 men
Bibs - 17th in Expert 25-29 men
Jack - 31st in Jr X
Lars - 38th in Pro men
Amelia -16th in Pro women
Katie - 20th in Pro women
Leana - 22nd in Pro women

I don't know how the other PNW riders did.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
oly said:
hey,
could i get a larger version of the picture of jack? I can PM you my e-mail.

congrats all.

i know that Nathan marsh took 9th in semi! way to go.
That's right I forgot about Marsh.

Chainwhip PM'ed me and I'm going to email him all the photos I have of Jack in high quality.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Oregon local boys Nathan Riddle and Jim Karn got 5th and 7th (respectively) in Semi Pro DH! PNW did quite well at the Otter.

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
bibs said:
Ride won the midnight 4x by a long shot! So the PNW did very well
First race I have been to in a long time where I wasn't still half crocked in the morning. Maybe I should've started trying that like a year ago!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
No prob - bring it to Beacon. Thanks mang.

How are those 2 discs of photos working for ya? I managed to go through all of them last night. I'll post more later.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
ride said:
First race I have been to in a long time where I wasn't still half crocked in the morning. Maybe I should've started trying that like a year ago!
Great concept!!! :thumb:

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
More photos

Camp PNW - before the crackheads showed up and Bibs had to have a "talk" w/ them.

Cedric Gracia

Nathan Rennie

April Lawyer

Steve Peat

GlennG

Chimp
Mar 23, 2005
Forks, WA
Man, Rennie is ridin one sweet looking bike. Although he could use an 888 up front.

Nice pics five.

See Ya in a couple of days.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
You must have a sweet camera Five! Good pictures...very clear! :thumb: Way better then my $99 digital camera...it's a pile!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Yeah it's pretty good. Pretty easy to use too. Just ask Bibs - he took to it real quick and got lots of awesome shots. I can't take credit for all the photos at Sea Otter. I'll have it at Beacon this weekend. If I'm not using it, Arnold will take some shots or some of my other team mates. I'll make sure to get some of the ladies. :D

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Five said:
Yeah it's pretty good. Pretty easy to use too. Just ask Bibs - he took to it real quick and got lots of awesome shots. I can't take credit for all the photos at Sea Otter. I'll have it at Beacon this weekend. If I'm not using it, Arnold will take some shots or some of my other team mates. I'll make sure to get some of the ladies. :D
Great! See you this weekend!! Oh, nice car by the way...I have the same one..Jetta Wagon, Silver too! I love it! :love: