Quantcast

Ponderosa Lodge?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I noticed driving by today that there were some new mounds, I figured you had something to do with it or it came from where they scraped a bunch of dirt off the hillside on the side of the road.

Yes, those mounds of dirt are there to build Jumps with. I have a friend thats knows the guy responsible. Essentially he works for Pondarosa and has access to as much dirt as he wants to dump at that spot. I also assume he has permission to be building there. I'm going to try to get some more information about helping digging and whatnot.

paulbug

Chimp
Oct 6, 2004
California
Ya, the guy's name is Jonathon Mayfield, and he and he's redoing the whole area for a Boy Scout (Eagle Scout?) badge. Essentially, he wanted to do this for a long while anyway, so thought he'd kill two birds with one stone.
He lives at Mount Hermon and rides a Chameleon single speed and a trials bike.
If you're serious about hooking up with him to help out, email me at paulbug@yahoo.com and I'll give you his contact info so you can get ahold of him to find out when they'll be out there workin.
Should end up bein a pretty sweet place to have some fun. Please keep in mind, though, that this is still private property and etiquette applies--guests of Mount Hermon have priority, leave it cleaner than you found it, and if you get seriously injured, don't sue. But if you do and win, share some with me.
Paul
Mount Hermon as well

Should end up bein a pretty sweet place to have some fun. Please keep in mind, though, that this is still private property and etiquette applies--guests of Mount Hermon have priority, leave it cleaner than you found it, and if you get seriously injured, don't sue. But if you do and win, share some with me.
Paul
Mount Hermon as well
No truer words could be said. It's a pretty low-key place and the more it stays that way the better.

Thanks for the clarification on things Paul. I had talked to someone awhile ago about all this and frankly, with old age, it's hard to remember all the details. Anyway, thanks again.

Sent you an email about helping to dig.