Quantcast

PORTLAND Thread

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Hey all,
Fun riding at Wildcat... good to finally get out and do some downhill; it has been a while. If you all have a mailing list for shuttle days, it would be great to be on it. My address is: sam_littlefield@hotmail.com. Otherwise I'll just check in on this board now and again for updates.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
We're not hi-tech enough for a mailing list, but this post gets the job done. Check back often..... You free this weekend?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
zane said:
Everyone should try to get in on this:

How's this sound- leadbetter on saturday morning (until about lunch-ish), PC saturday afternoon and evening, camp at PC, ride more PC sunday morning. Head back whenever. Sound good to everyone?

Hopefully we can get a bunch of people for this, or who can meet up with us for at least part of the riding.
That sounds cool. I haven't been to ledbetter since the construction, I'd like to check it out.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Hey all -- if anybody's around on July 6/7 or thereabouts, Mobius and I are gonna hit PC up on our way to Whistler. Shuttling it sounds better than climbing to the top ;). Anyway if any of y'all want some beer or something we'll get ya drunk if you can show us some sweet trails.....:D

Also, any good place to camp in the immediate area would be appreciated...

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
zane said:
Everyone should try to get in on this:

How's this sound- leadbetter on saturday morning (until about lunch-ish), PC saturday afternoon and evening, camp at PC, ride more PC sunday morning. Head back whenever. Sound good to everyone?

Hopefully we can get a bunch of people for this, or who can meet up with us for at least part of the riding.
Im pretty sure that would work for me - at least the saturday afternoon, camping at PC, and sunday part.

Toshi - why the hardtail for leadbetter? Are you still thinking of trying the roadgap?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i still want to do the road gap. i don't think i'll be able to find a replacement pivot bolt in time, even tho it turned out to be a 10mm head after all :D . it's apparently not a standard piece.

Chuckwagon

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Albany, OR
Sam- Great riding with you. You were raging wildcat on your hard tail!
This portland thread is where all the local ride info goes up. Check here often! We'll ride again soon.

sam_little said:
Hey all,
Fun riding at Wildcat... good to finally get out and do some downhill; it has been a while. If you all have a mailing list for shuttle days, it would be great to be on it. My address is: sam_littlefield@hotmail.com. Otherwise I'll just check in on this board now and again for updates.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Toshi said:
i still want to do the road gap. i don't think i'll be able to find a replacement pivot bolt in time, even tho it turned out to be a 10mm head after all :D . it's apparently not a standard piece.
WHere have you looked for one? Ive always had good luck finding weird bike bolts at Parkrose hardware.

Chuckwagon

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Albany, OR
We've talked alot about it, lets start making plans...

I was thinking of Monday Aug 2nd through Sunday Aug 8. Drive up early Aug 2nd, If we leave portland at 6am, we can be in BC by noon and take a couple shuttle runs on seymore. Frizanko and I did that last time, made the drive alot better. Drive home Aug 8, leave around 2pm, back to portland by around 10pm.

Lodging would be for 6 nights. In general, the more people, the cheaper it is.. From past experience, we should be able to get a nice condo for around $100/night. Divide by number of pepople going.

eknomf - What kind of deal can you get for lodging?

I have room for 4 bikes and passengers, so might need two cars. Anyone else feel like driving?

So, who'se in?? :thumb:

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Hey, does anyone local have a spare front brake? Im trying to help a friend of mine get his bike built but he needs a front brake but doesnt mave much cashflow right now. It's been like 4 weeks since he started trying to get it together but its been just one problem after another... I want to get him out to PC this weekend, but dont think its gonna happen unless I can find him a brake...
Oh yeah, Tim if you want to sell that MRP you were talkin about I bet he'd want to pick it up too.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Frank my extra MRP is a 110x5 bolt for chainrings 44t-50t, 'could run a smaller tooth chainring put might rub on guide plates. It's the MRP style that has a stationary inner plate and the outer guide plate bolts to the chainring.
If you need a 4 bolt MRP 38t-44t I have one (both guide plates bolt to chainring) that I'm using but could sell.
I might have a front brake as well.
Let me know,
Tim

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Right on Tim. Send me a PM and let me know what you want for it.. And if you do have a brake he'd be stoked, its the priority right now.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
frizanko said:
Right on Tim. Send me a PM and let me know what you want for it.. And if you do have a brake he'd be stoked, its the priority right now.
I have a 8 inch hayes he could borrow.. but it needs new pads for it to work. They got wrecked when my fork on my hardtail leaked oil all over them awhile ago.

I was also thinking that some of us portland monkies should do a trip down to falls city sometime. Ive only been there once last year and it sounds like theve got some nice trails now.

Chuckwagon - that whistler date would work perfect for me but it sounds like our timeshare thing is all full for those dates so i couldnt get us any deals on a place to stay. Were you thinking just a bit of seymour and then all whistler? Or stopping at some of the other places kind of on the way as well?

Chuckwagon

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Albany, OR
We could also do some squamish, or where ever people want.

No prob on the time share, we should be able to find good deals anyways. I'll check into it.

eknomf said:
Chuckwagon - that whistler date would work perfect for me but it sounds like our timeshare thing is all full for those dates so i couldnt get us any deals on a place to stay. Were you thinking just a bit of seymour and then all whistler? Or stopping at some of the other places kind of on the way as well?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
eknomf said:
WHere have you looked for one? Ive always had good luck finding weird bike bolts at Parkrose hardware.
thanks for the tip! found an ugly, heavy steel bolt that nonetheless should do the job until the canfields can send me a replacement. :thumb: so i'm back in business.

Jun 26, 2004
Hey this is Jeff Im new to this, Tim and Toshi remember the two kids you saw by Toshis apartments a week back maybe. Uhhh both of us the two kids with the Stinkys (Jeff and Thomas) were going up to Washington Park tomorrow afternoon and do the trails a few times with the max and then head off downtown other places.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
frizanko said:
Ryan, I sent ya a PM..
Toshi, are ya still thinkin Leadbetters for Saturday mornin?
yes! i want to hit up the road gap before i lose my resolve :D

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
zane said:
Toshi- is camping still on for this weekend? Tim said he's in, and I don't know about ryan yet....

Anyone else?
Yeah im in... but i want to get back by like 6 or something on sunday. Other than that it should work well for me.. and i want to hit that leadbetter roadgap too.

Jul 19, 2002
Vancouver Washington
Hey let me know what time you all are going to hit leadbetter. I went by there today and all of 21 thru 24 is gone so I am not sure what is left. I will bet that the superman, boywonder, junkie, roadgap, and the crosscut trail is still there. I know for sure the general lee is gone and maybe murph land.

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Damn, it sounds like it's only a matter time before it's all gone though. I think the plan was to hit Leadbetters early and then head out to PC.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
saturday meeting time: 9:30 am
meeting place: the burgerville at se 164th and mcgillivrary rd (16416 se mcgillivray rd).
the plan: leadbetters for a bit, then off to hood river. camp out somewhere around there tbd :D after getting maybe two runs in, then get some more in on sunday and enjoy the sun

call me (509 771 0827) w/questions or to triangulate

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I want to join you guys but my back doesn't seem to be getting any better after crashing saturday.:( Still would like to make it up to ledbetter to check it out. So I guess I don't know what I'm doing yet. :confused:
I'll let you guys know before saturday morning.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
If you weren't sure maybe this help you believe that mountainbikes are better than dirt bikes.
My youngest brother crashed his cr 250 and broke his ankle about two months ago. Had surgery, a plate and a bunch of screws.
Last night my middle brother crashed his cr 250 racing at PIR. Broken Femur, broken collar bone, and messed up back. He's in surgery right now.
All three of us grew up racing motocross, I of course switched to mountainbikes. Their motorcycles stay locked up in the garage till race time while I go riding pretty much everyday. I've tried to get them to come ride bikes with me but have not been able to get them out to the trails.
Anyway, I think I'm skipping on leadbetter and post canyon. Need to get healed up before I hurt myself more. I'd like to do some downhill trail riding maybe sunday. Cold Creek at Larch mtn or Syncline out at the gorge.
Well I better get up to the hospital.
Tim Parker

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
that sucks about your brothers' injuries, tim. i wish you and both of them a quick recovery. it's probably the right call to not stress your back for a while.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ryan, charlie's out of town this weekend, so maybe "tow-in" up the hill is the way to go :D

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Yeah ill bring plenty of rope/straps incase we have to resort to that. I talked to my friend brian and he and his trailer will not be coming. If anyone else wants to join us on our 2 day adventure to Post Canyon and Leadbetter let us know soon.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

the rest of the pics

a good weekend was had by all. zane overcame his initial fear of leadbetter :D and showed us how to ride in the skatepark, ryan hit the "caution: trail changes" drop on frankenstein, and i hit the leadbetter road gap. :thumb: oh, and we all survived, imagine that :eek:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Toshi, dem's is some crazy riding pictures. :confused:
What's up with the 4x4'n, tow rope, track hoes, window stickers? Crazy!
Where's the action shots? Camp site?
Still cool pictures though. :thumb:

I'm hitting Cold Creek at Larch Mtn Monday morning. Anyone?
Tim
cell (503) 307-3586

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Whos riding where this weekend? Im heading out to Post Canyon Sunday to watch the competition and do some riding... anyone else going out there?

Zane - do you still want to ride larch or something friday morning?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Jason and I were planning on heading up to Whistler but he said it looks like the wheather is supposed to be bad there. He said if we don't hit Whistler we'd hit pc friday and saturday before the contest sunday.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Sorry Ryan, I can't ride on friday. I have a bunch of stuff to get done gefore I leave for drill this weekend and I'll be back on sunday evening.