Quantcast

PORTLAND Thread

Mallet

Chimp
Originally posted by thruster
Mallet, lets see what the weather is like on thursday. If it is wet then I am out don't get me wrong I don't mine riding in the wet but I have to work in the afternoon and it takes me to long to clean the bike and myself before work.
Have you been to Larch?
I haven't ridden any of the good stuff out here yet. I went riding out at Skyline tonight and I might hook up with some guys to ride tomorrow night if the weather holds up. Just let me know the deal.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
frizanko, any details about leadbetter on saturday? Time, place, etc...
( I haven't been there yet, we could meet somewhere or you could PM/call )

About shuttling- I'll be driving a subaru with a bike rack (can hold 3 bikes and 3 people inside w/gear, and I'll probably have another friend with me so that's room for 1 more), or I can be the shuttle retrieval vehicle...either way works for me.

Last edited:

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
I work untill 2:00 so Im thinkin like 3:30 or 4:00... Its not too hard to find. Just head straight out 1st st. from 164th towards Camas. Its about a 5 min. drive out to the Lacamas lake boat launch parking area... Thats where we usually meet. As far as shuttleing goes... I'm working on getting someone with a truck to come out too, otherwise Im sure we can work something out pretty easily.. Most of the time we end up just sessioning different sections anyway.

Chuckwagon

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Albany, OR
Frizanko-
Time to clean the PM box. I found a good spot in the whistler village for about $20 per night US. I'll PM it to you. Or, just check

ww1.whistlerblackcomb.com/accommodation/index.htm

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Hey all you PNW monkeys I`am entertaining to watch trying to do a log ride inviten me and get a LOL ;) ;) ;)

BTW I had a blast riding with Toshi and chuck wagon ,and the other guy

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Damn, I only had a few in there too... I just cleaned it out , again.
Im gonna check that link right now. If its as cheap as you said that'll work for me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by frizanko
Damn, I only had a few in there too... I just cleaned it out , again.
Im gonna check that link right now. If its as cheap as you said that'll work for me.
clean out your outbox and message tracking folders too!

nice riding with you, too, shocktower. boston is good stuff btw and a nice respite from the trails. bruise is looking very prominent, still :dead:

Mallet

Chimp
Originally posted by thruster
Mallet, lets see what the weather is like on thursday. If it is wet then I am out don't get me wrong I don't mine riding in the wet but I have to work in the afternoon and it takes me to long to clean the bike and myself before work.
Have you been to Larch?
I'll be back home next Weds-sat so I'll hit you guys up again then. Finally put my new race bike together. Here she is.............

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Thanx for reminding me of those Toshi... Everythings cleaned out now.

The forcast for Sat. isn looking kinda wet, but I'm still down to go if anyone else is...

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I'm still good to ride too, as long as it's not freakin down-pouring when we go..... 3:30 at the boat launch parking sound good?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Originally posted by Mallet
I'll be back home next Weds-sat so I'll hit you guys up again then. Finally put my new race bike together. Here she is.............
Your Chain looks REALLY long... (judging by the angle of the derailler)

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Frank- let me know what's goin on, give me a call if you still want to ride.
Ken- if we go to camas you should come, but if nobody's going there I could possibly head to larch.... how wet will things be? I'll give you a call.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
we were going to go out to larch today but that stuff would be really slippery today. instead my friend and i are heading out to post canyon now in hope of avoiding the rain.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
advance notice: i'm planning on heading out to post canyon on sunday. :D

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Id be up for larch this weekend. Sometime on saturday would work best for me. I was also thinking about heading out to Post Canyon again this weekend on sunday. What stuff do you guys usually ride Toshi? Do you have room for an extra rider or two?

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
NOON...NOON...I think the hand's healed enough to ride on man I havenb't hit threal trails since 2 weeks ago, shoulders all go and no whoa, nopw the gash in the hands healing up nicely, so I'm in...PC? where are you planning on riding?

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Good to see ya back Dave... Do ya want to do Camas tomorrow and PC on Sunday with everyone else?
Where has Gunsligger been? Anyone been ridin with him?

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
wierd...every time I go to post, I have to log in again...Hmmmm, Camas tomorow PC on Sunday...damn I wann hit that, I'll say yes, I dafinately want to ride all weekend, I've been so buried for the last 3 weeks it's not even funny, Yeah, didn't GS just move, and wasn't there some talk of him being P-whipped too ;) Come on Ken, get out here and ride some more...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ok, frank and dave, you in if it's noon on sunday? (post canyon, ta truckstop, exit 17 on i-84, etc.)

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
ya know, I think I'm maybe gonna have to pass on Camas tomorow, I just went for a Pedal, and the hand is still not great, it's been healing alot every day, so hopefully by Sunday, with some sterry strips and some tape and gloves it'll be great, if you wanna hit Camas a little later in the afternoon tomorow, I may decide to go, I just wanna see how the hand shapes up by tomorow...

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
gorgechris- I know you always say that when it's raining in portland it's good to ride in hood river....

So, is it raining at PC this weekend???

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
These showers are supposed to clear out and turn into a high overcast w/ sunbreaks.
If it does dry out later I'll be down to ride If anyone else is in.

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Originally posted by zane
gorgechris- I know you always say that when it's raining in portland it's good to ride in hood river....

Good question, I came home just to ask the same thing :D

so any thoughts on tomorow? anyone see a forcast? PC still on? Let's just not hit GP in the rain again, that was sketchy at best...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Get_Some
so any thoughts on tomorow? anyone see a forcast? PC still on? Let's just not hit GP in the rain again, that was sketchy at best...
yahoo weather sez that hood river will be partly cloudy tomorrow. i'll settle for that.

noon, ta truckstop/exit17/i-84 :thumb: . i now can carry three bikes on that rack btw -- i don't know how this affects your bringing the trailer

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Originally posted by Toshi
yahoo weather sez that hood river will be partly cloudy tomorrow. i'll settle for that.

noon, ta truckstop/exit17/i-84 :thumb: . i now can carry three bikes on that rack btw -- i don't know how this affects your bringing the trailer
So you are still heading out to PC tomorrow? Do you mind if i come along? We went out there last weekend to avoid the rain here and it worked well.

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Originally posted by Toshi

well, Andrew is suposedly coming, may be my fiend Chris too, I can fit 5 in the Jeep, hell 7 really, and I can definately fit 7 bikes in the trailer, so I'd say thats our suttle, Tosh, the worst part is driving back and forth...so noon TandA...

Originally posted by eknomf
So you are still heading out to PC tomorrow? Do you mind if i come along? We went out there last weekend to avoid the rain here and it worked well.
good to see more folks...noon TandA...

gorgechris

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Traveling the eastern U.S.
Originally posted by zane

Damn, sorry, I didn't check my email earlier! Well, no doubt you boys had fun up there today, as the weather held.

Everybody make it through the day OK? You guys hit that teeter on GP? I still have not worked up the 'nads for that thing. My nemesis has been that skinny at the bottom of Dropout. Hella' tough! Gonna' go work on it tomorrow.