Quantcast

Possible bulk order of Foes F1/F1-XL seals

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Didn't feel like spending so much $$ just for small maintenence items from Foes anymore, so I tracked down the type/size seal needed for the newer F1 and F1-XL series forks (1.25" shaft, 1.625" bore, .25" thick, type TC4). Minimum order is 100 seals, so I'm waiting for a quote.

Depending on what they go for (probably around $2 each) I may be interested in going in with a few other guys on an order. I've got three F1 forks, so I could use 25 just for myself given that price and how often they go out.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Originally posted by Swine
bump for a leaky fork:)
They only leak if you put oil in them...
:D

Actually I'm thinking about trying Buzzy's Slick Honey instead of oil in the open bath, I think one of the guys at Foes suggested that to me a while back. At least on the brake leg, I don't mind leakage on the other leg so much.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
I'm going to put in an order for 100 of the TC4's, should have them in about two months. I figure I'll sell 'em off ten or twenty at a time to anyone that wants some, PM me if you want me to let you know when they come in. You'd pay over $20 for only three (w/postage) from Foes.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Put in the order for 100, ought to have 'em in six weeks or so.

Hopefully I can make it that long...don't have any left from when Rich used to give me a decent deal on 'em.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Let me clarify that these are NOT "Foes" seals, I didn't buy them from Foes, etc.

Foes doesn't make seals, they buy them from a seal supply house just like any other manufacturer. That said, these are the EXACT same seals that Foes used in the later F1 and F1-XL forks: 1.625" diameter / 1.25" bore / .25" thick, dual sealing ribs with a dust wiper.

So I tracked the seal down and bought 100, which is the minimum order for these kinds of things.
:D

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
sweet

we should have a thread with seal dimensions listed, i know quite a lot of them but not all, that way you dont have to pay around 1000% markup on a disposeable item.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Hey thanks man, I'll think I'll bid on that. I saw it a week ago with a starting bid of $50, but he didn't get any bites. I would have bid on it, but I had just bought one on eBay and really don't need another hub. $25 would be worth it though.