Quantcast

Possible WG trip on the 23rd (Date change)

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Tires are usually condition dependent. The rear of the frame has some nice clearance so you can run probably about a 2.7 with no issue.
Actually, you most likely won't be able to run a 2.7 tire on the 9.5. Rather, you won't be able to run a Kenda or Michelin 2.7/2.8 on the bike, as the tire is such a large volume that it makes contact with the swingarm/yoke on top of tire! Yep, you'll have plenty of side-to-side clearance, but it'll make contact on the very top row of knobs on the tire.......a worn tire might work, or even a Maxxis 2.7, never tried......but it won't be much clearance, so why bother. A 2.5 is all you need out back anyways!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Yeah, I was going to leave the 2.7 Kenda right where it is, and slap a 2.5 DHR SupperTacky on the rear. I could slap a 2.5 DHF on the rear as well, since I have one or two of those laying around.

BTW, that Kenda is a HUGE friggin tire!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
yeah, I do have to admit, I like having the 2.7 909 on the front. Opening weekend before the rain came, seemed I was hooking up beautifully! I hit stuff I never had before.

I'm hoping the Kenda is a nice mixture of both tires.