Quantcast

Post a picture of your dog.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Our next foster. Arrives Saturday. We had signed up to foster a springer spaniel but it's already got seven adoption applications lmao. There is going to be a brawl for that dog when it comes off the truck.

Meanwhile, the black dogs seem to hang around a little while before they get adopted.

View attachment 205585
This pup was so freaking adorable and sweet and I was really looking forward to taking her home as a foster, but somebody snatched her up 15 minutes before the adoption event ended. Bummed I didn't get to foster her, but happy she got a home.

So, we took this girl home to foster instead. A five month old Great Dane puppy. All she wants to do is cuddle. And eat. Her ears and feet are too big for her body.

415038401_10228634663645144_3396182195898656828_n.jpg

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I Feel your Pain and wish there was something I could say? But there is nothing I can say. Nothing but Time will take it away,whenever that day comes. Fucking Dogs man,I sure do Love them,but I don’t do well when the pass. I’m sorry Brother.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Lily in days past. Maybe two years old? One of these three had locked the keys in the car...It was a cold wait

View attachment 206015

Hank.

View attachment 206016
Lily sayin,it ain’t me,do I look guilty to you Pa?

Hank looks like the Boss. Is he still with us?

I’m gona share a story about me with Cats. I dont think I have spoke of this story here? If so,please forgive Avy.

I grew up with two Siamese Cats. The first one was stolen from us before we came Stateside. It would always be there on the brick wall when Avy got home from school,the bus took me to the front of the house. It wasn’t there one day. It was a wonderful Cat. The second one,Samso,came to the USA with us. It made the 23hr flight like a Champ. He was an outdoor cat and very smart. Always there for us,and adjusted very well coming from a Desert. He too was beautiful,and our time with him was cut short again. Avy had only been here? The trauma,I can’t remember. It don’t matter. I was on the back of a motorcycle,my sister’s boyfriend. Coming down my street,I saw Samso perched up against a tire on a parked car on my right. He was hunched down on all 4 with his eyes wide as the Moon. He ran out in front of us and we ran him over.

The boyfriend did not know it was My Samso. We did a U turn and pulled up. I ran to the front door as I saw Sam run to it after being hit. He saw me and was frothing at the mouth screaming at me for about,5 seconds. There I was,unable to breath. Man,I can still feel the pain like yesterday typing this bullshit. Had to stop and blow my nose many times. Pack a bowl,and refresh my Whisky. I’m back now.

My Father had left all of us as soon as we came stateside. At that moment,he was the only person that I wanted to speak with. My Mother was doing double time trying to keep us afloat. Can’t bother her Avy. My two sisters were not a option,which left only one,my older Brother. I have no memory of how I not only knew where he was,but the phone number as well. He said,I’ll be right there. I told Rick,the boyfriend,to leave me alone. I sat there Loving him,wiping the froth off his face,and talking to him. Telling him how Sorry I was,and how much I Loved him. When my brother finally came,I asked,what do we do now? I was just a lad. He said get a shovel. I dug his grave underneath the Plum Tree in the back yard.

Ever since that day,I was tainted with Cats. I still Love them,but I have had no urge to get another. Seeing Hank made me look at myself,and it felt good.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Thank You Brother. We all go down this road. I Swear Brother,every time I loose a Dog,I say No More! Yet here I am?

Avy
Since I made that post to try and help scrub with his pain. I had not opened that door in a long time. I‘t felt good but I have been somber and wondering why.

Endurance was the first book I read given to me by my StepDad. I Loved it and always refer back to it in my mind when I have a bad attitude about Life. I have seen the movie and many Doc’s on it over the years. I came upon a Doc today on YT that Avy has somehow not seen?

Fuck,Shackleton took 69 beautiful strong Dog’s from Canada,and 1 Cat. Well,Carpenter Mc Neash’s Cat,Male,name, Mrs.Chippy. When the Ship was Left to watch be crushed by Ice. They began the journey of Hell. Now,at this point I want tell All Monkeys that I do not want a Pissing Match on the “Dog Thread“ about Shackleton! We can open up a “Endurance” thread “All by itself” and continue “that” wonderful Topic. Thank You and mind the Door.

Now,as I was saying,after 6 mounths,they began their journey.Very soon,they had to get rid of most everything. Probally due to trauma,or I don’t know,but Avy forgot the outcome. The 1st animal Togo was Mrs.Chippy. It was fine and in good health,but of no use to the cause. I mean how much of a problem can a Cat be? I was watching the video and they took him from Mc Neash arms and I Lost it. My Wife said what the fuck Honey? I’m ok Honey. Anways Boy’s,I don’t know why I shared that,sounds silly as I finish my last sentence. But there it is.

Avy

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
When you need the cone of shame and the donut to prevent chewing at the hole in your leg from surgery to remove a growth. Her stitches only lasted 2 days....
20240126_161708.jpg

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
FOSTER DOGG! Her name is Caroline. For whatever reason, she's been living in a kennel for the past year and had never been in a house. We got her yesterday and she's been great so far...slept like a champ in her crate last night without making a peep. She's a happy one year old that just wants pets and cuddles. She was very shy and timid at first but opened up pretty quickly.

426271075_10228085114224825_4781464672219194867_n.jpg

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Week two with our foster dog. My dog (lying down) has gotten great about not snapping at the fosters for getting all up in her grill. She usually doesn't like dogs or people getting in her face. She won't snap at people and will just turn away or leave.

20240213_071236.jpg