Quantcast

Post the 1 pic of you you're most proud of from this season

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
because the entire state of CA is just like fontana...:rolleyes:

don't be ignorant. it makes me internet infuriated, and you seem smarter.
our courses are basically mini world cups. mud, roots, rocks, trees... you get the pic.

cali riding is good but its def no east coast terrain sorry.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

Not the greatest pic or anything, but last time I raced at Brookfield I clipped a pedal on the entrance to that section and had a crash that broke my crank arm, handlebar, two bones in my hand and wrist, dislocated 3 fingers and put me out of racing for 8 months. Proud to get back through it with a top 10 result

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I'd agree with him. West coast gravity racing blows dog.
after having lived in Cali for the last 13 years and moved to the midwest I can say im enjoying the east coast/midwest action way more.

Far more technical rock and root sections and people actually build big jumps and bike parks (which are seemingly non existant in so cali.) Cali is great for XC/AM kinda riding. I do miss Aliso Woods, Laguna Canyon and The San Juan trail, however just riding all the vertically challenged areas here in Ohio and PA I can say that ive had sooo much more fun. Jumping, table tops and stepups and big mossy, greasy rocks kill the loamy, less technical terrain that is most of Socals riding.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Wheeeee! Sol Vista Nat's. Amateur course, of course.

Look I'm peeing on the course! Snowmass, Blast the Mass yes I will buy something from vast, they do good things

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
I'd agree with him. West coast gravity racing blows dog.
Are you not a socal affiicioNARDS? drive north, then tell me the east is the only place with rocks and rooots... and as i recall, didnt GRIZ, a person i am not a fan of, compete in the gravity east series and take a win?"

im tired of this East is gnarly then the west BS, and if i was a bigger man, i would ignore it, but luckily for y'all, i am drunk, and alone, so im engaging you. all of you.

alright. smiley. :rofl:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Are you not a socal affiicioNARDS? drive north, then tell me the east is the only place with rocks and rooots... and as i recall, didnt GRIZ, a person i am not a fan of, compete in the gravity east series and take a win?"

im tired of this East is gnarly then the west BS, and if i was a bigger man, i would ignore it, but luckily for y'all, i am drunk, and alone, so im engaging you. all of you.

alright. smiley. :rofl:
...and why are people not allowed to have opinions about WHAT THEY LIKE?

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
West coast, specifically California racing is pretty much shameful given what we have to work with. The sheer number of DH races going on in the NE during the riding season with the number of lift access spots is something we just can't compete with right now. Maybe when Snow Summit was still able to fill their parking lots and their entire village on race weekends, and when National Champs were at Mammoth, and Fontana was something to go and do when you were hungover and didn't feel like driving up the hill to Big Bear and you had the luxury of such an option, but no way we have anything to compare to the racing scene out there.

There is hard terrain out here, believe me. None of it is legal of course, but then again I don't think any legitimate DH spot in California is legal anymore. If someone assumes that California, of all places in the states, doesn't have the terrain to host more challenging trails than anywhere else in the country with the exception of some of the Rocky Mountain states, they weren't looking hard enough.

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand

(yeah yeah, I know... it's not a photo of me, but is of my son... and it's the best bike related photo I've taken all year, and am most proud of)

Last edited:

Kamanchi

Chimp
Oct 31, 2008
Califonia
La Parva Chile... by Adam Morse

Thumbs up to every click of the mouse, weld, cutty, crash, helping hand, drink, jump, tear, laugh, frost bite, bean farts, graffiti, speedos, two racist kittens, Victor, first place, Corsairbikes, not enough food... and some of the most fun I've ever had with friends..

PT

Attachments

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I'm cheating and putting two. Sue me :)

From dirt mag, issue 84 or 94, I forget.

Few months later. New bike, new helmet, new sponsor, new kit! From another small race, but best shot I've had of me this year I reckon, courtesy of Jacob "Milky" Gibbons (www.jacobgibbins.co.uk):

hiyou

Chimp
Aug 12, 2009
on my 1st race.. this past weekend.

Southridge 18th annual challenge

PS: many thanks to blue fire pictures. BUY HIS PHOTOS!

hiyou

Chimp
Aug 12, 2009
on my 1st race.. this past weekend.

Southridge 18th annual challenge

PS: many thanks to blue fire pictures. BUY HIS PHOTOS!