Quantcast

conor

Monkey
Jan 19, 2009
Ireland
I admit after the fact that was excessive. But if you're driving in conditions like that, keep it slow and don't drift into a snow-covered median between opposing lanes.

Would your opinion of my assessment change if you found out they were texting while driving?
No, because they're dead.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Good reason why ALL vehicles, awd/4wd or not, should have winter tires.
This. And also a good reason why people should SLOW THE FVCK DOWN!!! No idea where that is from, but out here in WI they drive like complete and utter idiots in the winter. I'm talking trying to do highway speeds when the road is obviously icy (as in, there's a car in the ditch every 1/2 mile or so). They'll slow down to gawk at the vehicle in the ditch, and then immediately floor it and try to get back up to 70mph+ as soon as they're past the accident. There's no way I'd be driving at that speed, in the left lane especially when there's no center divider. I feel badly for whoever was driving that SUV (Ford Explorer?) and especially for any innocent passengers in the car, but they certainly brought that on themselves. I would feel 10x worse if it was the Semi that went out of control and took out a cautious driver with snow tires driving slowly in the right-lane.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
This. And also a good reason why people should SLOW THE FVCK DOWN!!! No idea where that is from, but out here in WI they drive like complete and utter idiots in the winter. I'm talking trying to do highway speeds when the road is obviously icy (as in, there's a car in the ditch every 1/2 mile or so). They'll slow down to gawk at the vehicle in the ditch, and then immediately floor it and try to get back up to 70mph+ as soon as they're past the accident. There's no way I'd be driving at that speed, in the left lane especially when there's no center divider. I feel badly for whoever was driving that SUV (Ford Explorer?) and especially for any innocent passengers in the car, but they certainly brought that on themselves. I would feel 10x worse if it was the Semi that went out of control and took out a cautious driver with snow tires driving slowly in the right-lane.
Aaaaaand repped. (And the video is from Russia according to the interwebtoobz.....not sure if that's true or not)

It looks like he was speeding (he seemed to be passing the panel truck before he lost control) and he CLEARLY started drifting into the other side of the road before any snow/ice became an issue.....two things that are 100% driver error.

If there is anyone to feel bad for, it's the driver of the semi who has to live with the fact he killed a guy, though through no fault of his own.