post your 2010 rides!

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
this is my SuperCo Silencer.... er NOT ^^

oh well this is my Alutech Pudel DH budjet bike for 2010

http://www.dh-rangers.com/gallery/showphoto-photo-6506-cat-500-ppuser-82.html

the Boxxer will be replaced with a Bossard Idylle but thats about it...
i have no idea what it weighs...

PS: Terry, Doc i blame you guys for this bike :P
and yeah i absolutely love my charger XL now get to work and build the silencer :D cheers!

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

and yeah i absolutely love my charger XL now get to work and build the silencer :D cheers!

Can you give some info about alutech bikes? They seem kinda hot some time ago. They got anything new and nice or still kinda burly and oldschool?

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Can you give some info about alutech bikes? They seem kinda hot some time ago. They got anything new and nice or still kinda burly and oldschool?
nothing revolutionary from them so far except for a gearbox bike
the pros are great value for money, great customer service, custom geometry for VERY low extra cost... so basically they just are good bikes backed up by great service...

and for burly: the Pudel DH + Pudel DH World Cup and even the Keiler lost a lot of weight over the last years!

www.alutech-bikes.com

was?

Monkey
Mar 9, 2010
Dresden, Germany
hmmm...
i thought you´ve sold your canfield some time ago.anyway, seems as if we share a similar taste in expensive bikes. i´ve been drooling about the silencer since i saw some pics of it. is there any information on a release date and pricing? your alutech is nice, but there really isn´t that much that can be done wrong with these frames. their customer service is great, indeed.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
hmmm...
i thought you´ve sold your canfield some time ago.anyway, seems as if we share a similar taste in expensive bikes. i´ve been drooling about the silencer since i saw some pics of it. is there any information on a release date and pricing? your alutech is nice, but there really isn´t that much that can be done wrong with these frames. their customer service is great, indeed.
sold a canfield F1 and a F1 Jedi, still own a Can Can and a Fatty Fat

sorry no more information about the silencer available as of now.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

Hope you get it soon. Waited for my bike quite long so I understand it and the silencer seems like one of the cooler bikes to come (though I'm not a fan of profile cranks).

was?

Monkey
Mar 9, 2010
Dresden, Germany

are you satisfied with your can can? so far mine is great, but with only mere 15 of these around, i´d be interested in a long term review.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Hope you get it soon. Waited for my bike quite long so I understand it and the silencer seems like one of the cooler bikes to come (though I'm not a fan of profile cranks).

i have the profile problem already solved... bought some gusset cranks they work like a charm on my charger...
they are lighter and you get away with using a shorter spindle :thumb:
already have the set for the silencer waiting in the basement...

regarding the can can i have mine since 08 except for very little tire clearence nothing to complain about... bu i didn't get to ride it all that much... so this is no real long term review :/

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
i have the profile problem already solved... bought some gusset cranks they work like a charm on my charger...
they are lighter and you get away with using a shorter spindle :thumb:
already have the set for the silencer waiting in the basement...

regarding the can can i have mine since 08 except for very little tire clearence nothing to complain about... bu i didn't get to ride it all that much... so this is no real long term review :/
What's the weight on them with the ti upgrade? Anywhere close to modern dh cranks?

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
not to sure about the overall weight...
my crank arms weigh in at 463g (165mm length)
+ ti axle + bearings and cups for the silencer.
should be light enough.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .

never heard of these before but they look nice. the Keiler WC looks really cool. my brother is coming over tonight for a few beers and bike maint. he speaks/reads fluent German so i am going to have him translate some info on the site for me :thumb:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
btw: you rides a 222mm shock for lowered BB? right?
No, this is a different frame with DH geo so I don't need to short shock it. The BB is already low enough (340-345mm). I used to do that on a Voltage FR to get a 160mm F&R travel mini DH bike. I liked it a lot like that but the BB is very low and you have to be careful.

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
I wasn't planning on buying a downhill bike this year but seeing the Demo's part spec and price had me thinking it over. Ken at Specialized came through and got me the last medium in stock(apparently a few more showed up though for those still looking for one).

The bike showed up yesterday. The bike is built, but I plan on swapping some parts out tomorrow after work.

We were all pretty stoked on the bike making it in so we grabbed the camera and goofed around.

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
Foes trader!

lol,jk
Ha, so says the guy with an Evil(and a transition if I recall correctly)

Still have both the Foes.
The Prolite XC hardtail is serving cross country/commuting duty.
The Fly is setup with a single crown, dual chain rings, and serving as buddy dh bike/freeride bike/I really feel like murdering myself trail riding today.

I'm not longer selling Foes as I closed my shop and went to work at another one. I felt it would only be appropriate that I ride what I sell.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Ha, so says the guy with an Evil(and a transition if I recall correctly)

Still have both the Foes.
The Prolite XC hardtail is serving cross country/commuting duty.
The Fly is setup with a single crown, dual chain rings, and serving as buddy dh bike/freeride bike/I really feel like murdering myself trail riding today.

I'm not longer selling Foes as I closed my shop and went to work at another one. I felt it would only be appropriate that I ride what I sell.
lol, yeah i have both of those bikes and my DHS still too.....the RS8 is on the top of my list for this year or next