Quantcast

post your 2010 rides!

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
New ride, I can't wait! Great geometry, standard setup and no modifacations.

(boredom syndrom, sorry)

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
^^^^Hydroforming rawks and that paint job is sick. You must be super sphyked. Hope she rides well.

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
^ work at a spesh shop eh?
No, just like there bikes and ran across a couple of good deals in the last month. I've had the single speed for awhile. I trade out my Demo9 and an 06 SX and pick up these. Got Bighit frame by luck. Walked into a store looking at the new SX trail and it was hanging on the wall.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
No, just like there bikes and ran across a couple of good deals in the last month. I've had the single speed for awhile. I trade out my Demo9 and an 06 SX and pick up these. Got Bighit frame by luck. Walked into a store looking at the new SX trail and it was hanging on the wall.
cool, i just figured u worked there since alot of spesh bikes, i usually never see a person with only 1 company worth of bikes. They are sweet though, how is the new bighit?

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Just finished it the yesterday. I rode it on an XC trail the other day when the fork was set at 100mm, now at 160mm. Feels really good. A lot like the new SX Trail I rode being the bike is speced for a 180mm fork. The geometry is very similar except the chainstay are 1/4 longer and 11 lbs lighter than my Demo9, 37.5 lbs.

HA 66 degree
SA 74 degree
BB height 13.5
Standover 28.5
Can't wait to see what it does downhill but might be awhile being from FLA.

Bedlam

Monkey
Feb 13, 2010
Under ground
Thanks! It seems alright, but I haven't had them on outside of the studio since the snow just refuses to go away here.. No problems with 2.5 Minions though.

istratetm

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
what a big diference between bike manufacturers regarding DH geometry. look at the Revolt and the Glory. they look like they are from different planets.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
no idea what the head angle is. for some reason with the new 888, it does feel a bit more raked out than last year's 888.
ill borrow someone's Iphone angle measurerer thingy and see what that says.

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
Can You check the weight of Elixir/Code combo once You assemble it?
in my hand...its not a significant difference. cant really tell. if i remember, ill see if i can weigh them for ya when i get the bike back from the shop.

i just did the setup because the levers were a steal, and im curious to try the "feel" of the elixirs.

speaking of weight, when i was at the bike shop to get the brakes done, i weighed her while i was there. 40lbs even. not bad with the heavy a$$ michelins. swap them back to DHFs and i should be at 39ish :thumb:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
My new bike:
HA: between (depending on measurement) 63.8 and 64 degrees.

BB: Just under 14inch.
Hey dude- how do you like those wheels? I'm thinking of picking up a pair but and uncertain of the saint hubs. My deore on my HT sucks, but I imagine a saint level would be much nicer...is it?

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
in my hand...its not a significant difference. cant really tell. if i remember, ill see if i can weigh them for ya when i get the bike back from the shop.

i just did the setup because the levers were a steal, and im curious to try the "feel" of the elixirs.
ok, got it
Pls, give some info about the "feel" after few rides :)