Quantcast

Post Your Morewoods!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I can compare the Izimu to the Makulu.

The Izimu is a skippy, very responsive bike which excels on tight, tech courses. It responds well to pumping and pedaling. However, the Izimu did win a US National championship at Vermont which is a big, open course. So it can cross over well.

The Makulu is a WC track bike. It excels at high speeds and responds well when you can carry speed into and out of sections. Basically, the faster you go, the better the bike and furthermore the burlier the track, the better.

Honestly, the Izimu is a awesome bike and its been hard for me to get the Makulu dialed. I worked a lot with Cane Creek this past weekend refining the tunes for this bike and by Sunday we had some killer stuff. We weren't necessarily changing the shims, but more so were finding the stock settings which worked best. It requires a different thought process to set up based on the super light spring rates. But I think the low leverage stuff is resulting in some killer handling.

ozzemale

Chimp
May 3, 2004
sydney
HEy dude,

i traded the yellow for a black one.

here you go:

Spec:

large 2010 makulu
Bos IDylle rare
twenty6 f1 stem
deity dirty30
deity enoki grips
cane creek/fsa headtse
sram xo shifter and derailleur
avid elixir
bos Stoy rear shock
saint cranks
twenty6 prerunner prototype pedals
ld+ guide
Rolhoff 99 chain
thomson seatpost
Sdg ti fly saddle
industry nine wheels on alex supra d rims
maxxis tires

kalssot

Chimp
Oct 13, 2009
HEy dude,

i traded the yellow for a black one.

here you go:

Spec:

large 2010 makulu
Bos IDylle rare
twenty6 f1 stem
deity dirty30
deity enoki grips
cane creek/fsa headtse
sram xo shifter and derailleur
avid elixir
bos Stoy rear shock
saint cranks
twenty6 prerunner prototype pedals
ld+ guide
Rolhoff 99 chain
thomson seatpost
Sdg ti fly saddle
industry nine wheels on alex supra d rims
maxxis tires

It´s beautiful!!!!!!

Congratulation.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Jason I havent been to your site in a LONG time!
So to put it lightly! HOLY CR!P DUDE WAY TO GO ITS SWEET!
WOW what a change I love the emagazine integration and layout as well as the site kept its roots for the main pages.

Good work Im impressed! :thumb:
Thanks Travis!

Wow from the grave bullcrew arises, thought your wife killed you or something over your purchasing habits! :rofl:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
No broken back again, this time mixxed with concusion.
Took a few months off, I tried to ride the day after then again 3 days later and lawn darted both times. Couldnt swivel or move real well too much pain so I sold everyhting and chilled.
Just bought a 2010 canfield Jedi should be here in a week or so and Im starting again LOL. Not killed off yet.

Damn your site is sick though I think its about time people start putting good technology to use on their sites. thank you hopefully more people will follow!

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
finally got my morewood all built up...not dh, but thought it should go here.. i am still waiting on my front brake as it was not in stock, but i now have a juicy 7 to be run on the front so i can race.

Beauty! is it "small" or a "large" frame? Looks even lower than mine ("large").

May I ask what is the tire combo you are running?

Also, like me, you got lazy with the rear brake housing routing! Kind of annoying to have to unbolt the whole rear swingarm in order route the brake properly. Tie wraps FTW!

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I finally got my shova and built it up. This color is so nice I think I might get the matching izimu.

I haven't gotten a chance to ride it all that much yet but its lots of fun so far.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
More pics please!

Full spec is:

2010 shova M in blood red
revelation team air u-turn 150mm
old xt calipers on saint levers
thomson shorty stem and elite post
Gravity 28.5 inch bar
721s on I9 hubs
advantage front, larsen rear
stylo cranks (36/24) w/ x9 drivetrain (11-34 cassette) and DRS

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
^ love that build. I'd sell a kidney for your Turner 4x.

I don't think a bloody kidney would look anywhere near as swanky hanging on my wall as the 4x does!

I'm so torn between lowering the price on that thing so it actually sells and holding on to it until I have the cash to build it up again. Its way too sick and rare to let go for what most used ds frames sell for ($500ish).

That makulu up there is drooooolworthy. Love the yellow makulus and ndizas floatin around. I really want a makulu but I think for the tight trails in the appalachians the izimu or kalula are better choices.

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004

Full spec is:

2010 shova M in blood red
revelation team air u-turn 150mm
old xt calipers on saint levers
thomson shorty stem and elite post
Gravity 28.5 inch bar
721s on I9 hubs
advantage front, larsen rear
stylo cranks (36/24) w/ x9 drivetrain (11-34 cassette) and DRS
Rasta I9's? Looks sick!

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
loving the transred shova. Makes me want to get a new one. What sort of weight did it come in at

DJColdwater

Chimp
May 22, 2006

Brakes: K24 203mm/180mm
Brake levers: Straitline
Cassette: Ultegra 12-27t
Chain: X9SL
Chainguide: e*13 SRS+
Chainring: 32t e*13
Crankset: Hone
Fork: 2010 Lyrik Coil DH 170mm
Frame: '07 Shova LT (small)
Grips: Rogue lock-on
Handlebar: Syncros Bulk
Handlebar end caps: Straitline
Headset: Cane Creek XXc II
Pedals: Straitline
Rear Derailleur: X.9
Saddle: Charge Knife
Seatpost: Thompson Elite
Seatpost Collar: Generic
Shifter: X.9
Shock: Elka Stage5 - 8.5" x 2.5"
Stem: Straitline 35mm
Tubes: Nokian
Tires: Schwalbe Muddy Mary Gooey Gluey 2.5/2.35
Wheels: DT 5.1/Hope ProII/Sapim CX Ray/aluminum nipples

headangle: ~65 by iPhone
wheelbase: 44"
BB height: 14"
weight: under 37lbs

The '07 Shova LT has always been one of my favorite frames. When one finally came up for sale in white I had to buy it. I got a new sticker kit for it (which is kind of poser since it's for a Izimu). I think it turned out nice.

Cecil and others inspired the choice to shorten the travel a little bit so it would match up with the Lyrik I got for it. I popped for an Elka because I liked the idea of a shock more tuned for the frame and the ease of adjustability. So far it feels really nice.

Waiting for it to warm up to get more time on it. Have to give some thanks to Red Barn Bicycles for helping me get it put together. Chad is a super guy to work with on putting together rides. :thumb:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I don't think a bloody kidney would look anywhere near as swanky hanging on my wall as the 4x does!

I'm so torn between lowering the price on that thing so it actually sells and holding on to it until I have the cash to build it up again. Its way too sick and rare to let go for what most used ds frames sell for ($500ish).

That makulu up there is drooooolworthy. Love the yellow makulus and ndizas floatin around. I really want a makulu but I think for the tight trails in the appalachians the izimu or kalula are better choices.
I don't think 1000$ would either lol... I'd save that thing if I were you, its rare as rocking horse $hit at this point, you'd never find another one.

lachy_mtb

Monkey
May 25, 2008
Beauty! is it "small" or a "large" frame? Looks even lower than mine ("large").

May I ask what is the tire combo you are running?

Also, like me, you got lazy with the rear brake housing routing! Kind of annoying to have to unbolt the whole rear swingarm in order route the brake properly. Tie wraps FTW!
ACtually dont have it anymore, which is annoying, was a great 4x/everything else bike. It was the small which was great to throw it around.
the tyres were crossmarx up front and a larsen rear

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I was going to ask who gets to ride this one then I actually took a look at it. Looks like you will be testing it huh? Jason gets the Makulu and you get this!!!

SO SICK!!!

Brakes: K24 203mm/180mm
Brake levers: Straitline
Cassette: Ultegra 12-27t
Chain: X9SL
Chainguide: e*13 SRS+
Chainring: 32t e*13
Crankset: Hone
Fork: 2010 Lyrik Coil DH 170mm
Frame: '07 Shova LT (small)
Grips: Rogue lock-on
Handlebar: Syncros Bulk
Handlebar end caps: Straitline
Headset: Cane Creek XXc II
Pedals: Straitline
Rear Derailleur: X.9
Saddle: Charge Knife
Seatpost: Thompson Elite
Seatpost Collar: Generic
Shifter: X.9
Shock: Elka Stage5 - 8.5" x 2.5"
Stem: Straitline 35mm
Tubes: Nokian
Tires: Schwalbe Muddy Mary Gooey Gluey 2.5/2.35
Wheels: DT 5.1/Hope ProII/Sapim CX Ray/aluminum nipples

headangle: ~65 by iPhone
wheelbase: 44"
BB height: 14"
weight: under 37lbs

The '07 Shova LT has always been one of my favorite frames. When one finally came up for sale in white I had to buy it. I got a new sticker kit for it (which is kind of poser since it's for a Izimu). I think it turned out nice.

Cecil and others inspired the choice to shorten the travel a little bit so it would match up with the Lyrik I got for it. I popped for an Elka because I liked the idea of a shock more tuned for the frame and the ease of adjustability. So far it feels really nice.

Waiting for it to warm up to get more time on it. Have to give some thanks to Red Barn Bicycles for helping me get it put together. Chad is a super guy to work with on putting together rides. :thumb:

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
I can compare the Izimu to the Makulu.

The Izimu is a skippy, very responsive bike which excels on tight, tech courses. It responds well to pumping and pedaling. However, the Izimu did win a US National championship at Vermont which is a big, open course. So it can cross over well.

The Makulu is a WC track bike. It excels at high speeds and responds well when you can carry speed into and out of sections. Basically, the faster you go, the better the bike and furthermore the burlier the track, the better.

Honestly, the Izimu is a awesome bike and its been hard for me to get the Makulu dialed. I worked a lot with Cane Creek this past weekend refining the tunes for this bike and by Sunday we had some killer stuff. We weren't necessarily changing the shims, but more so were finding the stock settings which worked best. It requires a different thought process to set up based on the super light spring rates. But I think the low leverage stuff is resulting in some killer handling.

Izimu Won 2 times in a row!.... :D