Quantcast

Post your non-bike related photos...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Post some NBR photography!

Sports, nature, landscapes, portraits, whatever you've taken pictures of that you think are cool/interesting/artistic/whatever.

I lay no claims to my pictures being any great shakes, but I've always enjoyed macro photography... These are heavily compressed and downsized, hope they still give the same effect.

Picture #1: This little guy actually held still while I took his picture. I was a little suprised that there was enough light, considering the sun had just set.

Picture #2: My girlfriend had this on her desktop, and a woman she works with asked, "Was he standing under it?" :rolleyes:

Picture #3: I liked the effect of the wings.

Attachments

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Here's my daughter sitting on my brothers dog, with a dishwashing glove on her hand. The reason her dress was off.............she found the dogs water bowl and decided to play in it:eek: :D So it was in the dryer at the time of the picture.

Attachments

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC

Adelie penguins on the sea ice in McMurdo Sound, Antarctica, taken sometime in December, 1999.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
there are some talented shooters here. biggins, that grasshopper photo is superb. i'll try to get few of my faves up tonight, after i upload to imageshack.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Here's an argyrotype I made in Venice...part of a liberetto book with a little wooden case. Images were all these little circular things (like the original Kodak photos), alternating images of masks and water.

Attachments

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MikeD said:
Here's an argyrotype I made in Venice...part of a liberetto book with a little wooden case. Images were all these little circular things (like the original Kodak photos), alternating images of masks and water.
Venice, what were you doing there?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Some of these are beautiful - I didn't expect quite such a response to the thread!

Biggins, that grasshopper is spectacular.

Wish I had access to the rest of my photos at home...

Here's one more that I have at work.

Attachments

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ok, here are a few from my work PC:

otis, in the irish house:

cemetery, county waterford:

otis, down the slide:

mom and miles, on the grounds of lismore castle, co waterford:

no explanation necessary!:

miles blending in w/ the nasturtiums:

otis:

overlooking gamla stan:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
thanks man! it's hard to get good photos of Miles now, but Otis is not camera-shy yet. stosh, thanks for the compliments. i was planning on going through all my trip photos and making a "best of" post, maybe this thread will kick-start that effort.

and DP, no fair posting in our amateur thread. ;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Acadian said:
I just got this brand new Canon G6 and still haven't had the time (or perhaps motivation) to get out and snap some pics :(
I haven't been taking any pictures lately myself.

I just barely got a legit copy of Photoshop for Christmas - I haven't had my pirated copy since I bought my digital camera - so I'd like to go back and see what some of them look like after doing a little editing.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
G6, nice! i've been getting good use from the G2 for a couple years now. am toying w/ getting a DSLR, but not for another year or two. maybe.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
narlus said:
G6, nice! i've been getting good use from the G2 for a couple years now. am toying w/ getting a DSLR, but not for another year or two. maybe.
was my Xmas gift from ME to ME - I was going to get an SLR, but really wanted a good point-shoot. I choose the G6 because of all the manual settings, Canon quality and you can use a flash. It's also somewhat portable.

Even if I’m not taking a lot of pics right now..it still follows me everywhere I go.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
im shootin with a canon powershot g5. after some of the responses i have gotten from my photography from people that have come over to my house i think im gonna step it up a bit in the equipment range when i get back on my feet. i actually got a free pair of the new five ten riding shoes for a shoot that i did with bizutch for them so i guess that is semi pro right?