Quantcast

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
back on topic.....this is about ganja not hard drugs like opiates etc.
i had some jamaican finger gum a few weeks ago from a local rasta.
He hangs his herb to dry and then rubs his hands like he's starting a fire with sticks down the hung plants. After a few passes his hands are covered in gum that he scrapes off with a blade and collects into balls of ganja gum. This is real hash that has not been boiled or diluted with alcohol/gasoline etc. The real deal.
all for 100J a gram....or 90 cents CDN.:happydance:
mmmmmm.....we had a ball of that while in Negril. Good stuff but it was the ganja cake that sent us to outerspace. That stuff lifted us to places we have never been before. If you are a light weight this stuff could have really taken you for a ride.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
i never made it to Negril this year even though I was called and pesterd relentlessly by the Negril Bike Mafia, Rusty and the rest o the dirtbags i hang with in Orange Hill and Mt. Airy....the ganja capitol of Jamaica.
The herb is getting strong there now that they have real seeds.
Like I said,.....it also tastes better in that climate.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
OK, Here's a weird one...

Cellulose "papers". They look like Saran wrap. Anyone ever tried them? Seemed to burn OK, no taste that I could tell. I'm not a big joint fan but they sure look pretty.

N I C K

Chimp
Jun 12, 2005
Sunapee, NH
The clear papers are really nice, they burn pretty slowly, unlike paper, and never cannoe. Only thing i dont like about em is they are alot harder to roll than traditional paper.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
this is the first time in the history of the world that i have liked standardized testing. i don't take it as a junior so i don't have to go into school till 9.30. what better way to spend the time?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
The clear papers are really nice, they burn pretty slowly, unlike paper, and never cannoe. Only thing i dont like about em is they are alot harder to roll than traditional paper.
I used a rolling machine. I rarely smoke joints. I am prtty much bong only at home. Pipe on the road. (Lost my car bong)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
i had some jamaican finger gum a few weeks ago from a local rasta.
He hangs his herb to dry and then rubs his hands like he's starting a fire with sticks down the hung plants. After a few passes his hands are covered in gum that he scrapes off with a blade and collects into balls of ganja gum. This is real hash that has not been boiled or diluted with alcohol/gasoline etc. The real deal.
all for 100J a gram....or 90 cents CDN.:happydance:
Back in my growing days, I used to get the same thing during harvest time. I would wash and dry my hands twice, clean off the knippers and then spend all night long harvesting and manicuring the dub. That was the only part about growing that sucked...the massive a$$ and back aches from sitting there for hours trimming off unencrusted leaves and petioles. I would take a break every hour or two when the scissors got too sticky to snip, use a razor blade to scrape them clean, roll of snakes of finger hash from my palms and then pack a nice bowl.

I have never bought finger hash like that anywhere except in Amsterdam mostly because I have a cleanliness complex and worry that someone might have not washed their hands before knipping & rolling and inadvertently petercheesed my hash. :plthumbsdown:

Nov 8, 2006
Del Mar
so baked right now... anyway yeah, i just put some tea in the microwave, two teabags, i took out the tea leaves and filled one with an 8th of ground purple gurple, and left tea in the other. put it in the micro with a little plate over the top for 5 minutes, then let it cool for 15, with the plate still on top. I marked one of the teabags with a red spot, but i forgot which one. oh well, i'll dry 'em in the sun tomorrow, and smoke 'em both.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
so baked right now... anyway yeah, i just put some tea in the microwave, two teabags, i took out the tea leaves and filled one with an 8th of ground purple gurple, and left tea in the other. put it in the micro with a little plate over the top for 5 minutes, then let it cool for 15, with the plate still on top. I marked one of the teabags with a red spot, but i forgot which one. oh well, i'll dry 'em in the sun tomorrow, and smoke 'em both.
Uhhhh...you do know THC is not water soluble, right? :confused:

If you really want to drink it, you need to cook it in a liquid with a high fat/oil content. Try cream in a double boiler to make a cannabis cappuccino.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Back in my growing days, I used to get the same thing during harvest time. I would wash and dry my hands twice, clean off the knippers and then spend all night long harvesting and manicuring the dub. That was the only part about growing that sucked...the massive a$$ and back aches from sitting there for hours trimming off unencrusted leaves and petioles. I would take a break every hour or two when the scissors got too sticky to snip, use a razor blade to scrape them clean, roll of snakes of finger hash from my palms and then pack a nice bowl.

I have never bought finger hash like that anywhere except in Amsterdam mostly because I have a cleanliness complex and worry that someone might have not washed their hands before knipping & rolling and inadvertently petercheesed my hash. :plthumbsdown:
Scissor Hash rules!!!!!!!! (that's what we called it anyway.)

We used rubber gloves so no sticky fingers.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I am on a diet of schwag with no end in sight. Trying to save money sucks ass, but at least the goal is worth it (a trip to Copenhagen).

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
yo Doubletrouble...eat the herb...don't boil it. Boiling transforms THC just like burning it does.

As far as hash goes.......Jamaican gum is likely the most powerfull solid sold in Canada. Most hash is re-pressed[garbage] from or thru Montreal. The real hash is no where near as nice as any indoor we have here. The real hash that's made in India, Pakastan, etc. is made from poor commercial grade ganja and is filled with fiber. It is the real deal sold here but it is week in comparisson to ice hash or gum that is available.
hash should sell for 10 bux a gram

Nov 8, 2006
Del Mar
i'm such a lightweight...
but anyway, the dust off the nug (is that the THC?) comes off in the tea, that's what got me high i guess. i dunno, i didn't know THC was water soluble, but i did have two bowls before i soaked the hash, so that could be why i was stoned.

whatever, i'll just try ganga butter next time.

there goes an 8th...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
I have an ounce of some quality and want to save it for a bit...
Normally, I always use bell jars (the jars w/ the two part top) and they seem to hold **** good for a couple of months but I'm open to suggestions. I've heard of people freezing their nuggs??? What are your suggestions for keeping some primo fresh???
High Times actually did a study on this relative to an elusive connoisseur known only as The Collecter. The conclusion was that freezing was bad(ruptured glands and cell walls) due to water expansion that ruined the taste and potency. Regular Ball glass jars did well so long as they were stored in the complete absence of light(which degrades the psychoactive cannabinoids, e.g. delta-9 THC) in a wine cellar or refrigerator inside something opaque. The best results were yielded from opaque mason jars stored in cool temperatures(refrigerator) with wax seals. Just remember that the three greatest enemies of primo, properly-cured cannabis are heat(anything above say 35F), light(or any radiation, UV or otherwise) and friction(excessive handling or storage in flexible mediums like baggies). My past experience confirmed these conclusions to a "T". Hope this helps. :biggrin:

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
High Times actually did a study on this relative to an elusive connoisseur known only as The Collecter. The conclusion was that freezing was bad(ruptured glands and cell walls) due to water expansion that ruined the taste and potency. Regular Ball glass jars did well so long as they were stored in the complete absence of light(which degrades the psychoactive cannabinoids, e.g. delta-9 THC) in a wine cellar or refrigerator inside something opaque. The best results were yielded from opaque mason jars stored in cool temperatures(refrigerator) with wax seals. Just remember that the three greatest enemies of primo, properly-cured cannabis are heat(anything above say 35F), light(or any radiation, UV or otherwise) and friction(excessive handling or storage in flexible mediums like baggies). My past experience confirmed these conclusions to a "T". Hope this helps. :biggrin:
Awesome!

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
i freeze my ganja after wrapping in multi bags and extracting air.
never had a problem.

using jars i get a smell of mold and fungus after a month.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
i freeze my ganja after wrapping in multi bags and extracting air.
never had a problem.

using jars i get a smell of mold and fungus after a month.
If you're getting mold then they are a bit wet. Try this... After initial drying, before stickling them in jars, stick them in brown paper bags for a few days. Should sweat out any remaining moisture without drying them out too much. Then go ahead and jar.

When I jar them they never get moldy. The smell gets "greener" for a bit then goes away. After that the nice smell comes back. Takes about a month.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
If you're getting mold then they are a bit wet. Try this... After initial drying, before sticking them in jars, stick them in brown paper bags for a few days. Should sweat out any remaining moisture without drying them out too much. Then go ahead and jar.

When I jar them they never get moldy. The smell gets "greener" for a bit then goes away. After that the nice smell comes back. Takes about a month.
Correct! :clapping: Mold or a subsequent ammonia smell are the result of the bacterial "byproducts" of decomposition. Properly cured cannabis has no such problems. The BROWN(not white, which has been bleached) paper bag method works well or, if you are worried about losing any trichomes and shake to the bag folds, you can use large tupperware containers to cure. You do so by filling a container LESS than halfway full and alternating days you leave the lid open and shut, being sure to rotate the material inside the container as you do so. Once properly cured, it can be placed in light-blocking ceramic containers in the 'fridge. My personal(back when I had one :disgust: ) was kept in a single unsealed baggie in a glass Ball container inside a large opaque rubbermaid juice pitcher in the refrigerator. It kept for months like this perfectly fresh, neither too dry nor too moist. Plus, it was the last place stash-thieves would look should the opportunity arise.