Quantcast

Prankster Devastates Flagstaff Family With False News Of Death

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Prankster Devastates Flagstaff Family With False News Of Death

(AP) A prank caller devastated the Flagstaff family of a 22-year-old soldier serving in Iraq, falsely telling them that the man was dead.

On Sunday morning, a man called the home of Wayne Hogg's uncle and said "we need to let you know Wayne died two days ago."

The report was false, but it turned into a nightmare for Hogg's family. His uncle, Danny Hogg, says it took the family a full day to get confirmation that Wayne was still alive in Iraq.

(MORE)

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
...bull$hit acts I have heard of. They should pull the phone records on that call and assemble a little group for that prankster's sock party!:angry: :dead: :angry:

...in the SeaBees we used to call that a Blankey Party!!!

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I should preface this by saying that I'm not trying to be a smartass or sarcastic.

But a phone call to an uncle? Don't the armed forces send someone to the parents or spouse and tell them personally like in the movies? I would think it would be a little more formal than a phone call, am I wrong?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by Silver
I should preface this by saying that I'm not trying to be a smartass or sarcastic.

But a phone call to an uncle? Don't the armed forces send someone to the parents or spouse and tell them personally like in the movies? I would think it would be a little more formal than a phone call, am I wrong?
while i think you're right, fact is, it's still so shocking that you'd almost believe it and certainly be upset. Notice that the family kept calling for verification?

I saw on the news a couple of Marines charged with this honor duty to go and report to the family... Fvck that, I'd rather be on the front lines then have to go tell someone their loved one is dead.