Quantcast

Presidential candidates

Thepagoda

Chimp
Aug 31, 2002
Davis, CA
I was wondering if anybody had given any thought to who would be running in '04. Obviously the republicans will run Bush again, and obviously some right wingers will be voting for him. so I guess this boils down to what everybody is thinking about the possibility of the Democratic candidate. (I think the vote for bush again poll summarized the sentiment on the republican candidate.) I think that running Gore in the first place was a mistake for the Dems, and running bush for the republicans was also a mistake (I actually would have voted for McCain, and the difference probably would have shown Gore losing both popularly and electorally), but that said and done, what about the future?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Al Sharpton is the only remotely interesting Democrat.

I've never understood peoples fascination with John McCain.

steve

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Originally posted by stevew
Al Sharpton is the only remotely interesting Democrat.

I've never understood peoples fascination with John McCain.

steve

Sharpton is but a characture of a leader and the Democratic answer for a "Republican" David Dukes. There are far too many qualified black men that would make excellent candidates to even consider wasting a bid on the clownish Sharpton.

McCain is a proven leader with military experience. Far better for a Commander-in-Chief to have been there himself before sending another's son into battle. It would be a nice change from the precedents set by more recent Presidents.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm a registered Democrat who usually votes independent and never votes Republican. That said, if the situation in the Middle East is not controlled and close to some sort of stable resolution, I'll probably vote rep. to keep this administration in place. I think an admin change during this volatile time is critically dangerous.

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Bahaaa haaa. Like it really matters to me. (living in an electoral college locked state).

Good luck to those of you whose vote actually counts.

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Originally posted by Spud
Bahaaa haaa. Like it really matters to me. (living in an electoral college locked state).

Good luck to those of you whose vote actually counts.
You're telling me!

In my first presidential vote, I will probably just stay at home and sip on an Olde English. Massachusetts will always go Democratic. ALWAYS.

splat

Nam I am
As Much as I agree with Spud and Even More so Jorvik ( because I'm In Taxachusetts also) it is thinking like this that helped create some of the mess down in Florida. A lot of people thought the race was a lock in that state and voted for Buccannon ( and others ) then when they found out it was close claimed the ballot was confussing !

I vote and always Vote , even though I know this state is a lock I still vote !