Quantcast

Preston - to - Blindside!

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Just wanted to post to what you guys thought of the swap.. So I built a Preston and I love it, I have posted before but i wanted MORE TRAVEL.... So I ordered a Dirtbag yesterday all good right NOT today I talked to Cam over at Trans and he talked me into a new Blindside with a Floater... So I just wanted to post the parts that I have and am going to swap to see what you guys thought and see if I needed to add anything. Thanks I love Transition.... The preston is getting gutted and here is the part list for the New El Gordo Blindside Build..

Blindside Med - Black
Floating Rear Brake
Fox DHX 5.0 Coil - 650lb spring
Zook 66 SL ATA
FSA Orbit - 1.5 to 1 1/8 Headset
Deity 50mm 31.8 Stem
Syncros Bars 31.8 45 rise
Avid Code 5's 203mmFr & 203R
XT Shifter
XT Shadow Rear
Azonic Outlaws - White 36H 20mm Fr & 12mm Thru Rear
Holzfellers OCT 170mm
E-13 36T Guidering
E-13 SRS W/ Red Bash
Syncros Mental Mags
XT Cassette 11/34
Azonic Saddle
Thomson Elite Post
Minion 2.5 DHR's 3C

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Women's specific blindside in the works. Look out for it sometime early 08 I think.
She may lose interest in racing again if she had to wait that long. Going with a small Socom or (gulp -paperbag over the head) small 07 Bullit. If I go with a Bullit, it has to be ganggreen cuz my 1.5 Travis has green lowers. :p

El gordo, nice build overall. Unless you are carrying a freeride license or something, I think you need to replace the Azonic saddle. I like putting "racing" saddle on my bikes. It completes the poseur look.

Post some pics when you're done. Just too bad on the sizing thing for me. :(

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
looks good, when do you expect to get the frame and have her built up?

Hopefully can get the frame next week and build her over the weekend.. I figure the 66 will be good for now.. But I would like to upgrade I was gonna bid last night on a new Boxxer Team it went for $540 it was new off a Sunday, but i really want a 888 is it worth going for the RC3 WC or just going with the RC3 or how is the Boxxer Team I am a big Zook fan but I have heard good things about that fork too.. What do you think

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
El gordo, nice build overall. Unless you are carrying a freeride license or something, I think you need to replace the Azonic saddle. I like putting "racing" saddle on my bikes. It completes the poseur look.

Post some pics when you're done. Just too bad on the sizing thing for me. :(
The Azonic saddle is one of the best saddles I have owned, I cant get rid of it ,for a little skinny race type Sh*t.. But whats the sizing issue you are having?

micahb

Monkey
Jan 6, 2006
Washington
^^ your bike stable. pull out what you need when you need it. usually reserved for the well to do crowd or the young ones who live at home and have no responsibility beyond homework.

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
^^ your bike stable. pull out what you need when you need it. usually reserved for the well to do crowd or the young ones who live at home and have no responsibility beyond homework.

Yeah that would be nice I wish my only thing to do was homework... In between my bikes and mortgage and all the other things I spend my money on, my wife wants to kill me especially when she find out about the new Blindside....:cheers:

chober

Monkey
Nov 21, 2004
Pasadena, CA
Holy Cow......I'm doing the same thing......sorta. Right now I got a Bottle Rocket and a Preston. Right now Bottle rocket has a 888 on it and the preston has a 36....Gonna swap everything from my preston onto the bottlerocket and everything from bottle rocket onto new blindside. Thought I was the only one doing this... White Med 07 preston up for sale w/ dhx 5.0 coil