Quantcast

Prices$$$

Aug 15, 2001
Ohio
:o this is a really stupid Question but i always buy tubes that are cheep or exspensive so whats a good pricing range on tubes cause i usally go thourgh like 5 or 6 a month..

Aug 15, 2001
Ohio
thier is this one part of this trail near my house bout a mile away from and its sold concrete with rocks sticken out of the ground and thats were i often pop them but iits probley 1 of the coolest places i ve ever riden on.I probley shodn't ride on it but iitts coll cause up here in ohio it makes a ya feel like your riden in utah urrr arizona urrrrr somthin.But i dont mind the prices so bad that ill spiol my fun.ill put some pictures of it up soon..

Shibby

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
cambridge, ma
run mo pressure or run thicker tubes. or both.

seriously though. if you're flatting on the back more, i'd suggest just buying a thicker tube... either a "thornproof" one ($7ish retail) or a "DH tube" (bit more usually). thicker tube will prevent it from pinching.

of wrap your existin tube in one of your old dead tubes (cut the old one down the middle and put the new guy inside). same effect.

run more pressure works too.

do you have rim tape installed already? that was a good one a while back... guy kept flattin', then we finally figured out he didnt have rim tape.

thicker tires work too, but the weight penalty is huge.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by mountainrider27
yeah i got rim tape and 1 more Question does slime thats on commercials and stuff .does that actully work?
I use slime tires when I ride in certain conditions (cacti present). Yes, they work. Keep in mind slime tubes ARE heavier.

ssaddict

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
as and AZ resident slime works great in thorn or cacti conditions but it won't do a damn thing if your pinch flatting which sounds like what you might be doing. Go find a shop in your area that sells really cheap 2 dollar tubes and stock up.

tips:

Try running 3-5 psi higher pressure, maybe double up your tube if you don't mind the excess weight or get a thorn proof tube, try to learn to ride soft or float over rocks.