Quantcast

Problem with Z1 dropoffs

Nizmeister

"Manchild"
Jul 3, 2001
I posted this in the tech talk forum, looks like it was the wrong one!

The problem I have is that the Rebound Adjuster at the bottom of the right fork leg turns 11 clicks more than the left. I have spoken to my LBS who assumed at first that they do different jobs. According to the manual and Marzocchis own tech data they do the SAME job, REBOUND control.

Does anyone have any idea why the adjusters a adjusting differently? Anyone seen this before.

Niz

KonaDude

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada.
The LBS needs to catch up on their "knowledge". heh.

Those adjusters are both for rebound, and I have no clue why one would turn so much more than the other. I thought it could be stripped, but then it would not have a limit as to how far it would turn, so that's a stumper.

Probably call Marzocchi, that'd get you an answer the fastest.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I had a pair of (why is it called a pair) of Z1 X-Flys with rebound dampers in each leg. One of them had a problem in the first week of ownership, the snap ring that holds it in the stanchion came out of its groove. Easy to fix and never happened again but that was an assembly error at the factory. maybe something didn't get done up and something is loose? Have you taken them apart to look? More importantly, why didn't the LBS do that? Marzocchi's are pretty simple to work on. If it were mine I'd pull them apart to see if there is anything obviously wrong. The clicks are probably a sprung ball bearing going in and out of detents or something similar. It probably govern where a rod sits and how many or which holes for oil movement are open. I was thinking if something is loose maybe you're able to turn the damper more than you should be able to? Its a wild guess but its all I can think of.