Quantcast

Prototype Giant?

Gyro

Chimp
Mar 4, 2002
Slatyfork, WV
Originally posted by NAUGHTY SHORTY
It looks like the new VT series in team colours.the seat tube shock arrangement looks very similar. Looks like they may have an air shock option. Could it be the VT AIR?.
I was under the impression that all VTs were air. With the introduction of the swinger shock, giant felt they could lower the weight and not lose any preformance, if any at all.

anyway, that bike looks very nice. Most of the shock linkage looks very similar to the VT, but the shock seems to be mounted in a diffrent place :confused:

the tubes and paint of the front triangle look more like a 2002 giant DH team than a VT, but still differs. It's probably a prototype made mid-2002, and they just used the DH paint.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
I don't think its a vt. Look at the rear shock position, The VT's shock is a lot lower than in the picture. also, the VT's seat tube is more round.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
that is the prototype replacement for the NRS series. can't wait. somewhat a copy of a VPP, but with Giants twist and a new valved Manitou rear shock

Dropout

Chimp
Jul 15, 2002
It looks like the early version of the VT that was previewed in Europe (on bikemagic maybe). It has a lower link like the Santa cruz VPP, and I believe the design was nixxed because of patent infringement.