Quantcast

Prototype Norco

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Everything old is new again. High single pivots and idlers.........next thing you know people are going to be marketing carbon frames again trying to convince everyone they're durable, and making 3" wide tires that either weigh too little and rip, or stay together and ride like marshmellows. You just watch.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Everything old is new again. High single pivots and idlers.........next thing you know people are going to be marketing carbon frames again trying to convince everyone they're durable, and making 3" wide tires that either weigh too little and rip, or stay together and ride like marshmellows. You just watch.
i won't blink...

CheetaMike

Monkey
Jul 17, 2016
Whonnock BC Canada
PJ their main Engineer is always experimenting with stuff , seen him locally here on the trails on some interesting trail bikes , dude is a riidng machine , logs lots of mileage and holds plenty of KOM,s on our local trails .

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
Nico and Max were onto something in 00 with Nico's Vprocess NV00, then Max made the DHV4 last year and since experimenting with an idler pully all this season looks as if Norco are following suit.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
If only they could also ditch 27.5 and move back to 29 again.

CheetaMike

Monkey
Jul 17, 2016
Whonnock BC Canada
Gotta give Norco credit wit their popular models they are giving buyers a lot of choices between fame materials and wheel sizes .

They have a decent selection of 29" models this year as well , several from 100m XC types . To the debuting Range which I would think will be in the 150 to 160mm travel range if they follow suit with its 27.5 brother .

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yeah, I get on bikes all the time and think to myself "this would be better if it had less standover clearance". I can't tell you how many bikes that has ruined for me.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
But is there really anyone asking for a 20" standover? Why not raise the top tube a little and get rid of that weird long seat tube extension?
dh bikes are purpose built race machines. i think the single sided demo looks silly as well, but what's the likelihood that you'll be sitting that much during a race? the saddle exists for lift lines and stabilization with your knees, pretty much. I'd even say they could make it even sleeker and just have a longer seatpost extension. I love the low profile and weight optimization, and I think toying with high pivots again is pretty cool.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
But is there really anyone asking for a 20" standover? Why not raise the top tube a little and get rid of that weird long seat tube extension?
That guy in the red shorts looks to be like 5' tall. Look how much shorter he is than the guy holding front wheel. Look if you have a smurf testing your bike it may require you to make some crazy frame alterations....

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
That guy in the red shorts looks to be like 5' tall. Look how much shorter he is than the guy holding front wheel. Look if you have a smurf testing your bike it may require you to make some crazy frame alterations....
Actually he is 6'10 and those are 36" wheels. Moar info in 2 weekz.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
Saw Blenki on this yesterday in the park.

It's a low slung bike but didn't look too odd.

Carbon looked pretty refined, so my guess is that it's close to production ready.