Quantcast

pump it

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
So I built a pump track today, and it is in one of the most public places in Seattle. I am designing it to be ridden by all skill levels, and it will get a lot bigger.

My only request is when you do find it, don't talk about the location in this public forum. Just enjoy it, fix what you wreck, and it will last a long time. I realize it's not going to be a secret forever. I wouldn't have built it where I did if I didn't want to share.

peace

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
wow!!! that sounds awesome.... just out of curiosity, if its in a public place, do you have permission to build it?

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
I tried, but that sod is thicker that it looks.
Plus the security ran me out after they saw me heading to the pitchers mound with a shovel.

Neal

Chimp
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
Have you been hanging out in Volunteer Park in the bushes? Is that what you kids call a pump track these days?

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
This is the internet, a great place to spread rumors..... There's a legal one at Colonade but I think it needs help. It's ridable but I'm not an expert.

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
Dudes, it's so right under your noses.

Honestly, the only reason I posted about it, is because of how local the place is. Someone was bound to find it and go right home, get on the ridedonkey, and say hey EVERYBODY, did you see the sweet new stuff at blah blah blah. I know soon enough everyone will know about it, it's inevitable. Just trying to be pro-active so to speak.

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
God I love the internet.

How did anyone find riding spots before there were PM's and message boards? Or did we all sit on our porches with shotguns protecting our property...

Cracks me up...

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
Got to ride it a couple weeks ago. It's funny, that is exactly where I was thinking of building one myself... if I had the motivation. The possibilities are endless there.