Quantcast

pump tracks in the PNW?

Garrett 0 P

Monkey
Sep 10, 2006
sammamish
hey does anyone know of any pump tracks in the PNW that are rideable by anyone?

im thinkin i might build one in my backyard and i want to ride one to see how one should be built.

ive seen teh leelikesbikes.com website or whatever it is, but i actually wanna ride one.

thanks

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Mine's going to wrap around the DJs so I can incorporate them. Buying the LLB e-book as well. It's only 10 bucks.

There's a few good local places that could easily get "public" ones too.

Hoping they get the good dirt dumped at Colonnade for one.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
There's one up in Port Coquitlam up here in BC, I've been to it a few times and it is fun, the BMX/4x track is fun too. I did find the pump track a little tight for a 26" wheel mountain bike and it would be great with some lippier jumps.
I might go there more often in the winter. The trails are too prime right now to be riding anywhere else.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
The video that features Mick Hannahs pump track shows that his might have some transfers possibly avoiding the long sweeping turns?

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
We are game to build one at Colonnade and the site's already mapped out. Dirt was the initial issue there (the dirt at Colonnade sucks) but we are ready to bring some in. The Fluidride crew has been instrumental in getting this rolling though we all chilled throughout the summer as the riding took precedence.

Anyhow, if I can get a small handful of committed peeps, I can have the dirt there in a week and with enough effort, we could have a rideable pump track shortly thereafter.

Interested? Contact Jon Kennedy at jon@bbtc.org.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
garrett's plans for a pumptrack include long sweeping turns, lengthy flat sections, and large, sharp portions of rock sticking out of the concrete he's going to lay down.

Garrett 0 P

Monkey
Sep 10, 2006
sammamish
garrett's plans for a pumptrack include long sweeping turns, lengthy flat sections, and large, sharp portions of rock sticking out of the concrete he's going to lay down.
nah, i drew up better plans. and i think ive scratched the pump track idea, were building dj's and a moto-x track for my dad

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
Pump track's a go at Colonnade. Should be rideable in the next few weeks. Constructions starting next week. Bobcat will be there on Monday to stage material!

DrewS

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Bellingham, WA
i just started building one today. there's an empty lot just down the street from my house and i was bored so i just decided to dive right in and start building. i think i've put in about and hour and a half of work, which has produced the first left hand berm and a right hander just after it. i'm pretty much just building it around the terrain thats provided in the woods. i've got a line somewhat figured out. i'm thinking it's going to be a tough one to ride, especially on an mtb. we'll see how it goes

Cuervo

Chimp
Jul 22, 2004
I know some dude in Bellevue that has one in his backyard. I could probably show you it. It's small but fun. Let me know.