Quantcast

Pushed Boxxer

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Does anyone have any info on when push is going to start doing the boxxer ofr us normal people? I would also like to know what they are going to be tweaking.
Sicklines has now had 2 bikes that had a pushed Boxxer, I want ONE!!

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i sent push an email a couple of weeks ago about servicing boxxer forks and they got back to me with no eta. then i called and spoke to a chick there and she told me within the year.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
thanks for posting 4 times with 100% zero info.

I have to scale stickers of my penis to put on my boxxer legs, I don't need the push stickers.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
A customer of ours was told that their broken pushed fork "was not covered under warrenty, will not be touched, and is not welcome at our tent" by the fox mechanics at a race.

I personally have just been PULL'ing all my rockshox stuff. I disassemble and thoroughly clean the fork. I inspect and lubricate the bushings. I install the same high-quality dual-lip energized seals as the competition (which are rockshox seals if you look closely :brows:) I top it off with factory spec oil, and reassemble the fork with a red o-ring. Then behind closed doors, I set the fork up for my weight, and adjust the settings for my terrain and riding style. The system has hundreds of thousands of R&D dollars spent with relentless testing from the worlds highest caliber riders. Oh, and if I ever have an issue, I bring it to the sram tent or just on the phone and get it taken care of.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
A customer of ours was told that their broken pushed fork "was not covered under warrenty, will not be touched, and is not welcome at our tent" by the fox mechanics at a race.

I personally have just been PULL'ing all my rockshox stuff. I disassemble and thoroughly clean the fork. I inspect and lubricate the bushings. I install the same high-quality dual-lip energized seals as the competition (which are rockshox seals if you look closely :brows:) I top it off with factory spec oil, and reassemble the fork with a red o-ring. Then behind closed doors, I set the fork up for my weight, and adjust the settings for my terrain and riding style. The system has hundreds of thousands of R&D dollars spent with relentless testing from the worlds highest caliber riders. Oh, and if I ever have an issue, I bring it to the sram tent or just on the phone and get it taken care of.
but what about the stickers?

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I also take very good care of my 2006 Boxxer, many rebuilds done in my top secret workshop while slamming Stone Brews and Sierra Nevada. Every Boxxer hater that feels my fork compliments me on how nice it feels.

My intrest in this topic is based 100% on a multi-phase rebound circuit. Custom/more speed sensitive valving is nice!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I install the same high-quality dual-lip energized seals as the competition (which are rockshox seals if you look closely :brows:)
I doubt it, it sounds like you're installing dust-seals, RS uses dust seals and oil seals (basically a proper-seal setup). Fox doesn't really use proper oil seals (hence why they have so many problems sealing their forks, especially the 32 and 36 series). The main purpose of the top seal on a boxxer is to keep dust and dirt out, the main purpose of the lower seal is to keep the oil in (same with marz and other forks). Fox tries to do "two in one", but the problem is there's nothing really holding the seal in or the seal surface against the stanchion (which is what the competition uses and is intended to push harder against the stanchion with more internal pressure and make a better seal.).

If it works for you great, and a lot of people have good experience with Enduro seals, but just by putting new dust-seals on your fox you really aren't using what the "competition" has.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I doubt it, it sounds like you're installing dust-seals, RS uses dust seals and oil seals (basically a proper-seal setup). Fox doesn't really use proper oil seals (hence why they have so many problems sealing their forks, especially the 32 and 36 series). The main purpose of the top seal on a boxxer is to keep dust and dirt out, the main purpose of the lower seal is to keep the oil in (same with marz and other forks). Fox tries to do "two in one", but the problem is there's nothing really holding the seal in or the seal surface against the stanchion (which is what the competition uses and is intended to push harder against the stanchion with more internal pressure and make a better seal.).

If it works for you great, and a lot of people have good experience with Enduro seals, but just by putting new dust-seals on your fox you really aren't using what the "competition" has.
You misunderstood my post. The "Dual Lip Urethane U-Cup Energized Dirt Wipers" that PUSH uses in their $245 service for fox forks are straight up rockshox seals, brand name included. Which is funny, because I use the same Dual Lip Urethane U-Cup Energized Dirt Wipers when I rebuild my fork.

Last edited:

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
My intrest in this topic is based 100% on a multi-phase rebound circuit. Custom/more speed sensitive valving is nice!
You can do this yourself (and probably do a better job) depending on how mechanically inclined you are... involves modding a proper shimmed piston to fit the boxxer stanchion and then configuring the stack to suit your taste. I've done it myself and might post a thread in the coming weeks with some pics if people are interested.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
You can do this yourself (and probably do a better job) depending on how mechanically inclined you are... involves modding a proper shimmed piston to fit the boxxer stanchion and then configuring the stack to suit your taste. I've done it myself and might post a thread in the coming weeks with some pics if people are interested.
where did you get a piston? I looked at the HSC piston as a possibility....IIRC think it was too thick to fit on the end of the rebound shaft....also need a check valve on the other side....

Hmmm....I also have a DHX comp piston/shims/etc laying around, but have no idea of the diameter...

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
:
:imstupid::picsstfu:

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Does anyone have any info on when push is going to start doing the boxxer ofr us normal people? I would also like to know what they are going to be tweaking.
Sicklines has now had 2 bikes that had a pushed Boxxer, I want ONE!!
It's our next service product release in line currently. We hope to have it ready to start shipping by the end of the year. We originally were going to release a kit similar to our PIKE/Reba/Revelation Factory Fork System, but decided to go one step further and install a new compression assembly with a shimmed hi/low speed compression system. This has backed the project up slightly as additional testing was required.

This is true with FOX, but wouldn't be the case at the SRAM truck. We have a very good relationship with FOX, but have agreed to handle all of our own work when servicing their product.

The "Dual Lip Urethane U-Cup Energized Dirt Wipers" that PUSH uses in their $245 service for fox forks are straight up rockshox seals, brand name included. Which is funny, because I use the same Dual Lip Urethane U-Cup Energized Dirt Wipers when I rebuild my fork.
The Rebuild service that includes that seal system is only $159. The $245 would be for a complete Factory Fork System tuning and service package on a TALAS with the complete TALAS overhaul being completed as well. Yes, we do use Rock Shox 32mm seal/wiper kits in our Fox Fork services, this has never been a secret. This isn't something that a consumer can do to their own fork as it requires the lowers to be machined in order to install the oil seal. Once the forks have been serviced, the 32mm RS kit can be installed by the consumer at future service intervals if desired. The stock FOX component can also be reinstalled if desired.

Darren

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
please do!!! Iam very interested too see what the outcome can be.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
thank you , pushind for the clarity .
Roger that.

Thank you Darren.

I will be sending my boxxer to you as soon as this is available. Keep us posted.
I will.
if the boxxer is next what does this mean for the lyrik?
The Lyrik and Totem packages have been in the prototype and test phase for sometime. We've got a few consumers on them for feedback and hope to have them released on the coat tails of the Boxxer.

Darren

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Here's a thought. Push is supposed to work on the boxxers. Avalanche is supposed to work on the boxxers. Push uses Avalanche's high/low compression circut/adjuster. Will Push use the Avy cartridge or do their own thing?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Here's a thought. Push is supposed to work on the boxxers. Avalanche is supposed to work on the boxxers. Push uses Avalanche's high/low compression circut/adjuster. Will Push use the Avy cartridge or do their own thing?
Push is using their high/low on their rear shocks mods only now.
it would be nice to see a collaboration b/w the two to keep costs down

on another note, i see they are now offering work on the Fox 36?? awesome news, hopefully theyll have more info soon.

last i spoke with them, they said they had no intention of working on the 36's or 40's

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
First stage parts are being deburred this weekend and will be off to ano on Monday. We've had a weird summer as a lot of companies have, we've listened to what riders have said, and should be offering it up on the site by this time next week based on how quick the ano guys can go. We will be offering our first "DIY" kit for this fork so you'll be able to simply click on the order now button from the site and have it shipped to your door. We'll have full tech support as always but will be providing "DIY" tuning kits for the guys that want to tinker.

I was hesitant to post based on the HUGE delay that has gone on with this product, but I can assure you that we're not more than about a week out form having it on it's way to your home. Of course we will also be offering complete servicing/installation of the product for riders who don't feel comfortable doing it themselves.

Darren

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Your highest end solution should not have the smallest and least explanative description.

I would never gravitate toward the MX tune based on the descriptions , yet I have purchased several Push services..........

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
I agree. This has been a very limited production item over the summer that has been mainly a "word of mouth" product that only a few people have been able to get their hands on. We've finally got a few extra in stock so I put it up on the site this afternoon to allow people to order it through our online automated system. Due to limited availability it may not be there for long unfortunately.

Darren