Quantcast

Push's $2,600 fork is absurd

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I think no one wants to remember or consider single crown moto forks, for good reason, except a handful of us nerds on Ridemonkey.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
fun fact, my aunt used to live in the same township as travis pastrami. she was an ER doctor. he set the record for most life flights in a year in that town.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
Screw Ferrari, I'm all about the new Vette ..I'm a middle aged white guy , just need to get fat and become a pervert and I'm in...
Mid engine doesnt party sideways
The c7 zr1would be way more fun, and less likely to kill you when you over drive it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I remember this too, but my Google-fu is weak. I could not find any relevant results to “single crown motorcycle fork” or any of the other permutations I tried…
Naw, the breakage was scrubbed from the internets. Id be nice to find it to “unscrub”.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
it's an interesting phenomenon (whining about exotic bits pricing) that i haven't really noticed in other hobbies. even the blingiest bike builds are relatively cheap compared to many other gear oriented pastimes. curious what factors are at play (ok, maybe not THAT curious).
I can't speak for the other hobbies but do they have a plethora of really expensive options that aren't as good as the cheaper options? Not saying the Push fork isn't good, but MTB does seem to get a bunch of boujie parts that come along that actually don't work as well or a less reliable than the cheaper options.

I remember once riding a bike that a really wealthy guy had hand selected every part based on price point alone and the thing was terrible (thanks SPV Dorado) yet cost multiple times what a much better bike would.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Mid engine doesnt party sideways
The c7 zr1would be way more fun, and less likely to kill you when you over drive it.
No but mid engine is pretty badass for track days without drift being the game just a slow roll on ass end in corners will get it...

That being said Shane and I got a 96 Vette sideways and backwards at over a 100 running from cops...damn thing went into a slide trying to break a wide corner off brakes at 80...ended up backwards in a ditch, waited for them to catch up and help us get ot out...pays to be in a small town in Texas where your buddies dad parties with the cops lol .

Had e30s with built motors, 1602s with 535i motor swaps and wide body kits a couple others for cca and track days as well...had a couple we used to roll throttle and hand brake ass to get it going then power the rear tires in a drift...fun as hell but a good track day and slapping corners is more my groove ..I kept alot of drifting in the desert with the race truck....

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
My take on Uber expensive crap is, "it won't make you a better rider, riding does!"

I like to build mine they sell sometimes before I get a full run on em others I run the hell out of...I have an older bike I sold that I have more fun on then my big bikes...can rip it in and out of crap and it's just a GOOD TIME and fun as hell..
Looking for another turd to go huck...

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Well yeah, but your lyrik isn't an inverted fork with an ACS3 and HC97.
At one point I had a Zeb with a coil and the HC97 unit. I like some pretty stiff suspension but that was an atrocious damper.

$2600 + tax for a fork with a major step in manufacturing efficiency over a regular fork that requires tooling costs of $500k+ is a giant sweaty dickslap to the face of the consumer, regardless of being US made.

Alternatively, if that price reflects manufacturing complexity, then they have somehow failed to make the structure easier to manufacture, align and hold tight interfaces with this layout compared to a standard magnesium lower with cryo pressed CSU, and in that case....they missed the point.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
i guess when people regularly drop millions on cars / boats / really ridiculous stuff like watches, $14k on a tricked out bike seems pretty reasonable to me. (not that i'm buying $14k bikes, as i'm a cheap ass bastard).
We arent a drop millions type of sport. We build and ride janky dusty/muddy trails.
Im sure Monaco could use a steep tech DH track down to the Marina though?

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
My best friend bought me a bag of civet beans.... because im the "coffee snob with the espresso machine".... u usually buy 25$ per pound stuff that i have already had so im not uber boutiqie.

The civent beans.... i cant even bring myself to put that shit in my grinder

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
My best friend bought me a bag of civet beans.... because im the "coffee snob with the espresso machine".... u usually buy 25$ per pound stuff that i have already had so im not uber boutiqie.

The civent beans.... i cant even bring myself to put that shit in my grinder
They’re actually good.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
:think: Where could this possibly have happened??
What! Look in the mirror hard/long
It happened in Prague. It was not expensive because of the place but because it was one of the most expensive green beans in the world and it actually tasted really fucking good (also even to my work collegue who is a conservative rapper who thinks all coffee tastes the same). So at least for that espresso the taste difference was in line with the price difference. Here? No idea.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Wow!!! (Love the witt)
Holy shit...didn't know Darren's fork had food related , Conservative rapper influenced conversation..but now I want one...the possibilities it will ensure in person and not internet have me wildly excited...I'm going for bigfoot thoughts, aliens, and what Jerry springers interview went like with the Virgin Mary...

Screw riding it, the random thoughts outweigh its performance

Last edited: