SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
What the fuck is a DL#? Is there some kind of registry for closet cases? And who the fuck would give their SSN to a social media site? I would give them a SSN, but certainly not mine.
DL# would be Drivers License I'm thinking.

If hack=true...
:rofl:
:popcorn:

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What the fuck is a DL#? Is there some kind of registry for closet cases? And who the fuck would give their SSN to a social media site? I would give them a SSN, but certainly not mine.
Drivers license number. So you need to submit your DL to register, ssn to send dm's.

And who would give it? Right wing magas that are against big brother and the nanny state.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
From their privacy policy

If you choose to join our influencer network, we may ask for
information that can be used to verify your identity, such as a copy of your government-issued
photo identification, and information that can be used to facilitate the redemption of virtual
items or payments, such as your Social Security number (SSN) or your tax identification number.
We delete your government-issued photo identification information when it is no longer
necessary to verify your identity.
LOL.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I know about this shit. The ID is to access your credit history. When you're building profiles like CA do, this is really useful. CA have all this AI shit that profiles one's personality from social media posts. Personality, location, credit rating; they can tell you what colours panties you're wearing. It's some manipulative shit. Lol if they got hacked though, seems dubious until we see some real proof.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I know about this shit. The ID is to access your credit history. When you're building profiles like CA do, this is really useful. CA have all this AI shit that profiles one's personality from social media posts. Personality, location, credit rating; they can tell you what colours panties you're wearing. It's some manipulative shit. Lol if they got hacked though, seems dubious until we see some real proof.
So far the hack may seem questionable? But so far I haven't seen it refuted that the DL/ssn requirement is real

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
The only thing I have seen is some hashes for a 2014 Wordpress site, with some generic site meta to make it impressive to morons.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I’d totally believe the SSN and PhotoID shit is real, but I’m not going on Parler to find out (not due to security fears but from principle).

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I’d totally believe the SSN and PhotoID shit is real, but I’m not going on Parler to find out (not due to security fears but from principle).
This guy was talking about it back in July

And here is a NBC article also from July

The pertinent quote from the NBC article.
July 2, 2020, 9:13 PM PDT
By James Wellemeyer

"Its privacy policy says it "may collect ... information such as your name, email address, username, and profile photo."
For people who choose to join the app's "influencer network," the company may ask for information "such as your Social Security number (SSN) or your tax identification number."
Some users have been dissatisfied with the company's efforts to protect their privacy.
Mindy Robinson, a conservative political commentator, criticized Cruz for endorsing the app.
"The minute it asked for a copy of my driver's license to access normal features Twitter already has ... I knew something was seriously wrong with Parler," Robinson wrote.
She then clarified that she was not able to send a direct message on the app without providing a photo of her driver's license.
Another user wrote: "I signed up prior to it requiring a phone number. It hasn't asked me to provide it yet. The moment it does I'm out."
In his CNBC interview, Matze defended Parler's policy on phone numbers and identification, saying people say "nasty things" online because they can stay anonymous.
"On Parler, people get verified, people have phone numbers related to their accounts. People know they're acting and behaving as they would in a town square," he said."

So it's like Cheers but with Nazi's.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I should go check to see what sort of unhinged bullshit my old college roommate is posting... :rofl:

I must say - I have this completely irrational urge to go on his page and post "Oh, look - there it is!!! The COMING STORM!! IT HAS ARRIVED!!! Oh, wait. Never mind - it's just a flock of birds."